New Member Introductions Please introduce yourself. Everyone here was once new to the 5 Series Forums so don't be shy! Welcome!

Newbie 535xi Dinan S 0.5 package.. sigh...

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2010, 01:37 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2009 535xi Sports, Prem, and Nav package

Folks:

After reading member jm545i recent Dinan S1 mod, I jumped in the bandwagon and called MotorWorkWest NJ to order my Dinan S1 package.

My heart was racing...and bling bling bling..."Hi! I like to get the Dinan S1 package for my 2009 535xi!" Chris replies, "Oh that's going to be sick!" Then silence..."I am sorry, I can't get you the S1 cuz the stage 1 suspension package will not work on the 535xi"

Chris then says "I'll call you back..let me chat w/Dinan"

What an honest man a few minutes later he calls me...tells me that he can't do the suspension kit. BUT they'll still offer me the 10% off. somewhat still a little "woohoo" in me.

At anyrate I was hoping some of you gurus can help me with my suspension needs. I was wondering if you guys would know if the M6 rims would fit my ride. I currently have 18s. I love the m6 rims. The specs of the m6 rims that I am interested are:

Front rims are 19x8.5 with offset 12.
Rear rims are 19x9.5 with offset 17.

The tires that I would get would be Michelin PS2 255/40/19 for the front and 285/35/19 for the rear.

What you guys think? Doable? Help??

I would like to get a better suspension in the long run probably after I hit 50k miles. And maybe by then Dinan will come up with something for the NORTHEAST FOLKS. If these fits..it should help my handling fetish for now.

I'll be dropping my ride off probably next Wed and pickup on Friday. Should be sweetzz.........
Attached Thumbnails Newbie  535xi Dinan S 0.5 package.. sigh...-aly59544u.jpg  
Old 02-23-2010, 01:43 PM
Members
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: MY07 525xi Silver Gray
Model Year: 2007

AWD/xi model uses high/big offset number such as ET-35 (commonly on 3-series/E9x model) ... low/small offset such as what you've interested will NOT fit properly (it'll protrude outside the fender) the offset you had in mind will work properly for RWD/i model. Think of there are 23 points handicap on the offset between i-model & xi-model.

The tire sizes also wrong ... they are too tall & too wide it'll rub ... should be 245/35-19 on the front and 275/30-19 or maybe 285 on the rear.

So OEM M6 wheel will not work ... sorry ..

For suspension if you going to do full upgrade the only thing available is KW v3 otherwise just H&R sport springs.
Old 02-23-2010, 03:14 PM
Members

Originally Posted by BlaSTiWi

AWD/xi model uses high/big offset number such as ET-35 (commonly on 3-series/E9x model) ... low/small offset such as what you've interested will NOT fit properly (it'll protrude outside the fender) the offset you had in mind will work properly for RWD/i model. Think of there are 23 points handicap on the offset between i-model & xi-model.

The tire sizes also wrong ... they are too tall & too wide it'll rub ... should be 245/35-19 on the front and 275/30-19 or maybe 285 on the rear.

So OEM M6 wheel will not work ... sorry ..

For suspension if you going to do full upgrade the only thing available is KW v3 otherwise just H&R sport springs.

THANK YOU SIR!!
Old 02-23-2010, 04:19 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 08 535i, A/T & Paddle Shifters, AW, NB Leather, Sport, Premium, Nav, 6FL

Don't waste your $$$ on Dinan since you have an N54 motor. $3720 is not worth it IMHO. The best way to mod your 535xi is to go with GIAC Reflash ($800) and add the RPI Full Exhaust ($1600). You don't really need to replace the stock strut bar if you have sports package. These 2 mods will give you more WHP than Dinan for sure. Just my .02 cents. Go with Dinan if you just want to have the badge and warranty.
Old 03-06-2010, 04:03 AM
Members

Originally Posted by jcool10181
Don't waste your $$$ on Dinan since you have an N54 motor. $3720 is not worth it IMHO. The best way to mod your 535xi is to go with GIAC Reflash ($800) and add the RPI Full Exhaust ($1600). You don't really need to replace the stock strut bar if you have sports package. These 2 mods will give you more WHP than Dinan for sure. Just my .02 cents. Go with Dinan if you just want to have the badge and warranty.

And a great 2 pennies they are. I went w/Dinan b/c of more comfort level in terms or reputation and warranty.
Old 03-06-2010, 04:43 AM
Members

SO, I dropped the car of on Wed afternoon and picked it up on yesterday. The guys at MWW really did a nice job.

Ignition...and I must admit I am not a huge fan of exhaust note but for this one I actually put my windows down and enjoyed it on the way home back to central Jersey. Hopefully the new note can put my 8 month yr old to nappy time during the drives The exhaust fitted perfectly in my ride w/o any alterations according to Chris. It gives it a "gentlemen" roar during the first 10 secs and then quiets down as you don't even notice it. Of course once my heavy foot puts down...RRRROOOOOOMMM...

I notice the turbo lag was cut into half. I expected the power increase so I was some what prepare for it to have a 550ish response. My tires did chirp chirp a few times when I punched it on 287.

What I was really surprised were the front and rear struts significance. I didn't think they'll do..well dodo for me, but definitely felt the car was much more responsive. I was worry I couldn't fit my golfbag in the trunk..The way it was installed, I could put golfbagsss, seriously there is no sacrifice for to the trunk space.

Dinan pedals...eh what can I say...came w/the package.

The whole upgrade was a litte more than 5k. Worth it?? Hellzyah. While I am aware that you can get the same for about 3/4 or 3/5 of the price if you due your due diligence. To me if you're going to drop that amt of dough, mine as well do it where warranty is not void. My ride only has 10k miles.

On another note...RUN FLATS are a killer...I ordered the BBS CH w/PS2 19s from tirerack. I'll put those badboyz in April when all this poopoo snow is gone in the north east coast.

Will let you guys know they respond to the package is installed...