5Series.net - Forums

5Series.net - Forums (https://5series.net/forums/)
-   New Member Introductions (https://5series.net/forums/new-member-introductions-29/)
-   -   NEW GUY IN TOWN (https://5series.net/forums/new-member-introductions-29/new-guy-town-22045/)

Rolex 550 02-10-2006 12:47 AM

Alright, I'm new to the board so let me introduce myself;

I just bought a 550i in December and I thought I'd look around to find some forums. The Bimmerforums.com has like 2 people that SAW a e60 550...yeah. So I was wondering about exhaust systems and light weight wheels to enhance the car and give it a more personal feel. Any info/criticism is welcome - but I do have one question right off the bat...why is it that the exhaust is only out the drivers side rear end and not driver AND passenger? Is there any way without cutting a hole in the bumper to install a dual exhaust? i.e. aftermarket bumper that looks stock and is high quality?

Thanks in Advance,

mehall2 02-10-2006 04:44 AM

Originally Posted by Rolex 550' post='237751' date='Feb 10 2006, 03:47 AM
Alright, I'm new to the board so let me introduce myself;

I just bought a 550i in December and I thought I'd look around to find some forums. The Bimmerforums.com has like 2 people that SAW a e60 550...yeah. So I was wondering about exhaust systems and light weight wheels to enhance the car and give it a more personal feel. Any info/criticism is welcome - but I do have one question right off the bat...why is it that the exhaust is only out the drivers side rear end and not driver AND passenger? Is there any way without cutting a hole in the bumper to install a dual exhaust? i.e. aftermarket bumper that looks stock and is high quality?

Thanks in Advance,

Welcome to the forum. There is lots of good info here. For your exhaust question, BMW has always put the dual quad tips on M Versions of their cars. Most of the sedans have the dual exhausts on one side only. I do believe the 650 does have dual exhausts as well, not quads, but duals.

There are many options for exhausts. Most pertain to the 545, so I would recommend doing a search on the forum for exhaust.

You didn't state where you are from, so that may make a difference in your choices. If you are in the states, Dinan makes some nice, lightweight 19" wheels and they have an exhaust system as well. There are many choices.

Others on this forum have done the dual exiting exhaust and I believe the aftermarket does make options for a rear panel that replaces the lower part of your rear bumper so you won't have to chop it.

Good luck. The search engine is your Friend!!!

Regards, Mike.

Congrats on the 550i, rarer than an E60 M5, right now!!! :o

tachyon 02-10-2006 04:58 AM

Welcome aboard. Glad you joined us.

You havin' fun with your 550? It's such a great car. :thumbsup:

You will find lots of information about what others have done with wheels and exhausts in this forum.
Have a look around.

Enjoy the 550 and visit us often. :P

cobradav 02-10-2006 05:10 AM

Welcome and great car :thumbsup:

Take a look see and search in the Parts, Accessories and Mods forum. Should find something of interest there.

znod 02-10-2006 06:20 AM

Welcome. There is a quad muffler kit for at least the 545i. But, I wouldn't do that to my car for free. And, there are plenty of light wheel/tire and muffler options. I have a B&B muffler and BMW style 101's/PS2's. Check out my galley photos--linked in my sig.

carfreak 02-10-2006 06:25 AM

Welcome! Congrats on your new car. This forum has been a great resource for me after I purchased my car. A lot of knowledgeable users on this forum.

One tip, the search button will be your best resource. A lot of questions have been answered.

By the way, where you from? Nice signature :thumbsup:

w8pmc 02-10-2006 06:47 AM

Welcome & nice ride.

This place really is the Oracle of everything E60. I've learnt so much & have only had my car for 11 days.

Rolex 550 02-10-2006 06:52 AM

Thanks for the warm welcome guys! The car is in Houston - and alas, I am in Afghanistan (not military - but Gov. contractor & I'm 23 so lets just get that one out of the way *sigh*). Its not that bad so don't feel sorry for me...except for not being able to drive the "beast" hehe.

I've decieded the stock style exhaust is the way to go...and some company of the name Eisenhaus is supposed to be good?

Anyways the gallery is awesome - but it would be great to post up everyone's engine pics...I've heard some motors have different covers/appear different than mine. I love BMW for doing such wonderful art in the engine bay - after all that's what they're known for right?

Thanks again for the warm welcome I think I've found my home - Happy Motoring! :D

**edit** - I pretty much grew up in Scotland and Germany - Aberdeen and Frankfurt respectively.

carfreak 02-10-2006 07:15 AM

Originally Posted by Rolex 550' post='237824' date='Feb 10 2006, 10:52 AM
Thanks for the warm welcome guys! The car is in Houston - and alas, I am in Afghanistan (not military - but Gov. contractor & I'm 23 so lets just get that one out of the way *sigh*). Its not that bad so don't feel sorry for me...except for not being able to drive the "beast" hehe.

I've decieded the stock style exhaust is the way to go...and some company of the name Eisenhaus is supposed to be good?

Anyways the gallery is awesome - but it would be great to post up everyone's engine pics...I've heard some motors have different covers/appear different than mine. I love BMW for doing such wonderful art in the engine bay - after all that's what they're known for right?

Thanks again for the warm welcome I think I've found my home - Happy Motoring! :D

**edit** - I pretty much grew up in Scotland and Germany - Aberdeen and Frankfurt respectively.

23 with a 550i. Life must be good :D

Ferdie 02-10-2006 07:25 AM

Welcome Mr. Rolex....

Be careful there in Afghanistan.