New Member Introductions Please introduce yourself. Everyone here was once new to the 5 Series Forums so don't be shy! Welcome!

New forum member

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2014, 10:23 AM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: Bmw 535d fully loaded
Default New forum member

Hi All

I'm Roger and I have run BM's for many years now. All diesels as I travel a lot over the Channel. I was first introduced to BM diesels by a Belgian friend in the early 90's when they weren't available here in the UK. I could hear his BM was a diesel but it had (relatively) quite a lot of poke for the time. So I asked him the question "Is this a diesel" to which I will always remember his reply "But of course!"

So when the 525 TDS came out in the UK I got one. But in those days it was only a measly 145bhp.

Later I head that Jensen Button had got "done" for speeding in southern France in a 530D. So when the 525 came to the end of its useful, of course I got one. 195bhp and a lot more poke. (My earlier VX Senator 3 litre petrol was the same output!)

But one night I was following a 535D and when he pulled away i just could not keep up with him.

So when the 530D got written off a couple of years ago, the replacement was obvious - the 287bhp 535D. Now remapped to 345bhp and 500ft/lbs of torque and even in the heavier Tourer version the performance is AWESOME!

As you will gather from the history I tend to keep my cars a long time - why change a winning formula!