New Member Introductions Please introduce yourself. Everyone here was once new to the 5 Series Forums so don't be shy! Welcome!

New to forum and interested to learn about my car

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2006, 04:26 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2006 530xi Jet Black exterior, Black leather interior. Sirius Radio. Comfort Access. Winter Package. Automatic.

Hi everyone,

First I just like to say that I purchased my '06 530xi earlier this year. I previously was a GM truck owner and after I traded my last truck in, I never realized what I was missing. I have never felt about a car as I do about this. It is amazing what this car can do. It is a great feeling to see this forum. It gives me a chance to ask questions about my car and hopefully someone has the answer. I honestly can say that everyday I am learning more about the car.
I am intestested in accessorizing a bit, but don't know what the best route is. I want a wheel upgrade but I read that some wheels don't fit the All-Wheel Drive models. I wanted something in the 18-19in size but made by BMW. I like the M6 wheels but wanted to ask someone, would they fit? My car doesn't have park assist, can I add this feature, is the car pre-wired for this feature, what would it cost for the dealer to install?
Thanks guys, I hope someone can read this and take the time to answer some of my questions, I understand its a lot, but finally I found a place where I can ask questions and not get some bogus answer from a dealer that only wants my money....Again this forum is great, I hope you guys don't think I'm crazy and asking too many questions at one time, but there are so many things about this car that I want to know about.

Benas06xi
Old 09-20-2006, 02:05 AM
Senior Members

welcome aboard !
Old 09-20-2006, 02:15 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Benas06xi' post='336419' date='Sep 19 2006, 08:26 PM
Hi everyone,

First I just like to say that I purchased my '06 530xi earlier this year. I previously was a GM truck owner and after I traded my last truck in, I never realized what I was missing. I have never felt about a car as I do about this. It is amazing what this car can do. It is a great feeling to see this forum. It gives me a chance to ask questions about my car and hopefully someone has the answer. I honestly can say that everyday I am learning more about the car.
I am intestested in accessorizing a bit, but don't know what the best route is. I want a wheel upgrade but I read that some wheels don't fit the All-Wheel Drive models. I wanted something in the 18-19in size but made by BMW. I like the M6 wheels but wanted to ask someone, would they fit? My car doesn't have park assist, can I add this feature, is the car pre-wired for this feature, what would it cost for the dealer to install?
Thanks guys, I hope someone can read this and take the time to answer some of my questions, I understand its a lot, but finally I found a place where I can ask questions and not get some bogus answer from a dealer that only wants my money....Again this forum is great, I hope you guys don't think I'm crazy and asking too many questions at one time, but there are so many things about this car that I want to know about.

Benas06xi
Hi Benas06xi - welcome to the board!

You might be better off posting this in the main forum "E60 discussion", it's the busiest section of the site.

cheers

Shi
Old 09-20-2006, 04:36 AM
Members

My Ride: 2009 535XI, Barbera Red with beige leather, Navigation, premium package, cold weather package, 18 inch wheels, 2007 530XI, Monaco Blue with Auburn leather , Navigation, Logic 7, premium package, cold weather package, M-Aero kit, Rear Spoiler, 18 inch 135m style wheels, Goodyear Eagle F1 GS D3's, AngeliBrights. 2008 650i convertible Titaniun Silver Chateau pearl leather,Gray top, cold weather package, Logic 7 premium sound, comfort access.

Originally Posted by Benas06xi' post='336419' date='Sep 19 2006, 08:26 PM
Hi everyone,

Benas06xi
Welcome aboard!
I have a 2007 530XI and shopped for wheels for about two months. There's a lot of mis-information coming from different BMW dealers, and after too much research I ended up with the 18X8 style 135M wheels all around. I'm very pleased with them and I purchased them from Gary at BMW of Newport. e60 members get a 25% discount so they were a good deal and Gary was the most knowledgable person I spoke to regarding what will work on the XI models. I do have pictures of my car in the MY Ride section if you want to see the wheels on the car. I also have the aero kit and will be adding new suspension parts soon to lower the car by an inch or so. There is a wealth of info and a lot of great people on the site that are always willing to help and share info. I feel the same way about my 530XI after driving SUV's for the past ten years....what the hell was I thinking
Old 09-20-2006, 01:07 PM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

aboard!

You have made two good decissions allready. Buying the E60 and joining the forum.
Have fun with both.

But please don't just post everything in the main forum just because it's the "main" forum, as suggested above.
Please post in the correct forum, as you did with your introduction here. Thanks.