New Member Introductions Please introduce yourself. Everyone here was once new to the 5 Series Forums so don't be shy! Welcome!

New to Forum & BMW!

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2008, 11:40 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 520d
Hi to you all.

I'm from the UK and have been using this forum for a few days now to search for various bits of information on our 520d which we have had from new for a month.

I find past posts a wonderful source of information. Stuff on the secret menu for example is a "gem" and helped me re-calibrate the cars OBC's MPG readout - thanks.

I love the car but the rattles are a MASSIVE disappointment and winding me up now. I have searched and searched both this forum and the car but been unable to resolve mine yet. (Rattle from front left dash? area and a clicking from the back that comes and goes, but comes more now!)

I have to say I expected better from BMW, especially for their reputation for quality.

Oh yes, it didn?t help when I collected the car from the showroom and the dealer had covered the bonnet in swirl marks. It looked like a badly cared for 10 year old car, I was gutted and so upset!. It took 3 days in the workshop for remove 95% of this damage.

Hoping the rattles will get sorted and to a happy three year relationship!

Thanks to everyone for a wonderful source of info!
Old 08-23-2008, 11:57 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 545i Sport
Model Year: 2004
Engine: N62

. Welcome aboard from across the pond.
Old 08-24-2008, 01:08 AM
Contributors

My Ride: E61 CarbonBlack 535d, Ventilated and Heated Comfort Seats with Massage in Black Nasca Leather, Dark Poplar Wood, Professional Navi, Folding Rear Seats, Load Through, Advanced Remote, PDC, Bluetooth, Dimming and folding Mirrors, Bi-Xenons, Hi-Fi, Tinted

Hello and welcome!

Is yours a CPO or new?
Old 08-24-2008, 01:12 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: E60 Bimmer, Sports Package, Premium Package, Black/Black, Xenon Lights, 20
Model Year: 2005

Welcome and enjoy the forum!!!!
Old 08-24-2008, 01:16 AM
Contributors

Hey,

congrats on your new car.

I can confirm the rattles on my car aswell Do you know where the air filter is under the bonnet? My suggestion -have someone stop the vibrations of the air filter by holding on to it: does that make a difference inside? in my case it does.. car dealer still does not know why this vibraiton is caused..

cheers
Old 08-24-2008, 07:44 AM
Members

My Ride: 520d

Thanks for everyones welcome.

HONDIK - The car is new, but not sure what CPO is?

RSYED - Thanks for your tip on the air filter. The front rattle though does seem very "local" to the passenger side dashboard. ie like it from the air vent/cub holder/wooden trim. Tried everything though including the good old WD40, all have failed
Old 08-24-2008, 08:58 AM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

to the forum and congrats on your new toy. Happy motoring
Old 08-24-2008, 09:43 AM
Former Vendor

My Ride: F13 M6

welcome and enjoy the forums.
Old 08-24-2008, 04:03 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2004 530i premium package/active steering/auto sunshade/tiag/black dakota leather/logic 7 35% tint all around 19' DPE GT7

welcome to the e60 family, sorry to hear about the rattles hopefully you can get that resolved
Old 08-24-2008, 05:03 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Original E60 Spec: 530i - Silver Grey Out, Black Dakota Leather In, Navigation Pro, Voice Command, HiFi Audio, Sports Package, Premium Package, Cold Weather Package w/ Heated Seats, Style# 123 Alloy Track Wheels, Auto AC, Power Front Seats, Active Turn Xennon Headlights, Mods: OEM M-Tech Front Bumper, OEM M Side Skirts, OEM M5 Rear Bumper, M5 Trunk Lid Finisher, M5 Style Mirrors, Custom Hamann Style Splitter, Custom Hartge Style Diffuser, RD Sport Boot Spoiler, LCI Taillights, Bruce Miranda's V4 LCI Retro Cables, 6000K Xenon light Bulbs, Xenon White LED License Plate Lights, 8000K HID 9006 Fog Lights, Akalius� Front Headlight Euro Overlays, Matte Black Kidney Grilles, E60.Net Clings, Debadged, Llumar Tinting "Micro Edged, 15% Rear 35% Sides, Engine Mods: Custom Magnaflow Quad Exhaust w/ Eisenmann Stamped 3� Tips, RPI Scoop (Red) Added Electronics: V1 Equipped (Hardwired), OEM Alpine CD Changer Retrofit, Shoes: SOLD-20" Staggered Vertini Hennesey Rims, Falcon 452's Tires-SOLD New Shoes: 19" VMR 710 Hyper Silver, General Exclaim UHP 245/35/19 Front-275/30/19 Rear, Gloss Silver Caliper Paint Job DIY ^_____________ Retired ______________ Took Delivery 10/26/2009: LOADED! E60 M5 Silverstone II/Black, Active Seats, Comfort Ventilated/Heated Seats, HUD, Brushed Aluminum Trim,

Originally Posted by dgilbert2' post='653172' date='Aug 24 2008, 02:40 AM
Hi to you all.

I'm from the UK and have been using this forum for a few days now to search for various bits of information on our 520d which we have had from new for a month.

I find past posts a wonderful source of information. Stuff on the secret menu for example is a "gem" and helped me re-calibrate the cars OBC's MPG readout - thanks.

I love the car but the rattles are a MASSIVE disappointment and winding me up now. I have searched and searched both this forum and the car but been unable to resolve mine yet. (Rattle from front left dash? area and a clicking from the back that comes and goes, but comes more now!)

I have to say I expected better from BMW, especially for their reputation for quality.

Oh yes, it didn?t help when I collected the car from the showroom and the dealer had covered the bonnet in swirl marks. It looked like a badly cared for 10 year old car, I was gutted and so upset!. It took 3 days in the workshop for remove 95% of this damage.

Hoping the rattles will get sorted and to a happy three year relationship!

Thanks to everyone for a wonderful source of info!
Welcome to the forum.

Quick Reply: New to Forum & BMW!