New Member Introductions Please introduce yourself. Everyone here was once new to the 5 Series Forums so don't be shy! Welcome!

New to BMW - Minneapolis

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2008, 10:10 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2007 550i Titanium Silver, Black interior, winter pkg, premium sound, retractable shades, auto, split seats, sirius radio, sport pkg, navigation, CCM

Greetings to the members of this excellent website. I'm new to the world of BMW.

Wow, love my new (sort of) 545i and I can see from reading on this site, that I'm not the only one that's really excited about an older model BMW. Still, with all the advances that I've read about here that have been made since 2004 and the future of the vehicle, it's all very impressive. And did I forget to mention that I'm very satisfied with my new ride.
My previous vehicles were Q45, nice soft luxo ride, and A6 2.7t sport. The Q was really out of touch with the road and I'm not a fan of turbos (at least in small cc) or all wheel drive. V8's with rear drive...what can I say, I've had a Chevelle SS396 and a Z28 so I'm feeling at home with this type of rear wheel power..

My 545i is Olivin with Beige interior, premium sound, winter package, heated rear seats, retractable shades, split rear seats, had 18,600 miles and is cpo'd until May 2010. I've owned it 1 month. I wasn't sure about the color and know that it's not too photgenic , but in person, it is quite unique and beautiful. I will post pics after the winter when I've had a chance to detail it..
After owning the car for 1 month, I'm really excited about driving again...this is perfect for me.
Old 01-05-2008, 01:29 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 545i Sport
Model Year: 2004
Engine: N62

It's the forum. Post pictures of your ride soon.
This place makes owning your E60 a much more enjoyable experience.
Originally Posted by Rudy' post='359078' date='Nov 21 2006, 06:24 PM
...the place to be for all things E60!!
Old 01-05-2008, 02:02 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 545i | Black Sapphire Metallic | Black Dakota Leather | Anthracite Maple | 6 Speed Manual | Sport Package | Logic 7 | Sirius Satellite Radio
Model Year: 2005

Welcome to the wonderful world of BMWs. Your car is a 2004 and has only 18,600 miles? Wow! It sounds like you found yourself a nice car!
Enjoy, and welcome to THE forum!
Old 01-06-2008, 07:22 PM
Members

My Ride: 2007 550i Titanium Silver, Black interior, winter pkg, premium sound, retractable shades, auto, split seats, sirius radio, sport pkg, navigation, CCM

Rizbel, thanks..I will post pics but right now the winter is keeping everything ugly...

Brian Tx5, I used to regularly make the trip from Houston to Austin when I lived in Houston some years ago. It's a fun drive and I would love to try it in the 545i....maybe you've had the pleasure.
Old 01-06-2008, 07:24 PM
Former Vendor

My Ride: F13 M6

congrats. welcome and enjoy the forums.
Old 01-06-2008, 07:25 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Silverstone II E60 M5 2012 E70 AW X5 50i Sport w/ LCI Aero Kit and Rocker Panels

You and member DRANGED should do a mini-meet. He's dying for an E60 friend from MN.

Welcome to the E60 family.
Old 01-06-2008, 07:48 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 10 Honda Fit Sport, 10 Honda Pilot Touring

Congratulations and welcome to the forum! As C mentioned I am from the MPLS area as well

Originally Posted by C's Bimmer' post='514594' date='Jan 7 2008, 12:25 AM
You and member DRANGED should do a mini-meet. He's dying for an E60 friend from MN.
C, Thanks for mentioning my name and mini-meet in the same sentence. There was shrinkage!!!
Old 01-08-2008, 07:34 PM
Members

Thanks DRANGED...so I may be the second member from the Minneapolis areas...there has to be more, anyway, I'm honored. This is such a great website.

So I was in Chicago today talking to a guy who works for me and in conversation I had mentioned that my son had designs on an M3. So he tells me that when he was overseas in 2002 that he was going to pic up an M6 for $65K (cash) but would have to leverage some credit to do it and he opted out of it. But of course he had to tell me all about the car and driving on the autobahn...blah blah blah. But wait, he tells me that a friend did by an M3 for $54K (cash) and still has it with only 15K miles on it because he only drives it in the summer.

I'm just realizing that there some people around me who have been into BMW's for some time so it's pretty cool stuff.
Old 01-08-2008, 07:44 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 545i | Black Sapphire Metallic | Black Dakota Leather | Anthracite Maple | 6 Speed Manual | Sport Package | Logic 7 | Sirius Satellite Radio
Model Year: 2005

Originally Posted by fogger' post='514588' date='Jan 6 2008, 10:22 PM
Brian Tx5, I used to regularly make the trip from Houston to Austin when I lived in Houston some years ago. It's a fun drive and I would love to try it in the 545i....maybe you've had the pleasure.
I have driven my 545i from Austin to Houston. I bought it in Austin and drove it home to Houston.
On the subject of Minneapolis, I was born in Minnesota, Iron Range, and went to the U in Minneapolis. I think I prefer the Houston winters now. It was 79 degrees on Sunday.
Old 01-08-2008, 08:26 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 10 Honda Fit Sport, 10 Honda Pilot Touring

Originally Posted by fogger' post='515354' date='Jan 9 2008, 12:34 AM
Thanks DRANGED...so I may be the second member from the Minneapolis areas...there has to be more, anyway, I'm honored. This is such a great website.

So I was in Chicago today talking to a guy who works for me and in conversation I had mentioned that my son had designs on an M3. So he tells me that when he was overseas in 2002 that he was going to pic up an M6 for $65K (cash) but would have to leverage some credit to do it and he opted out of it. But of course he had to tell me all about the car and driving on the autobahn...blah blah blah. But wait, he tells me that a friend did by an M3 for $54K (cash) and still has it with only 15K miles on it because he only drives it in the summer.

I'm just realizing that there some people around me who have been into BMW's for some time so it's pretty cool stuff.
Honestly there is only a small Mpls contingent here on the board, only 4 or 5 of us, that's it. Keep an eye out, not too many 535's, 545's or 550's in the Mpls area. I can count on one hand how many I've seen. I think people in our area have misconceptions of winter handling characteristics and steer clear of these models which is unfortunate.

You are correct, this is indeed an awesome site and the members here great.

Quick Reply: New to BMW - Minneapolis