New Member Introductions Please introduce yourself. Everyone here was once new to the 5 Series Forums so don't be shy! Welcome!

Introduction

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2009, 07:47 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: SOLD...Jet Black 2008 550i M Sport with SAT, black interior. RPI exhaust and air scoop, 35% huper optik tint all around, CF roundels, flat black kidneys, Springfield Armory XD-40 jet black in glove box, charcoal filter removed.
Hey all, just wanted to take a minute to introduce myself so you know where I am coming from with my posts as I've become more active lately now that I have my "new" car.

I know there is an introductions or some such thread on here somewhere, but really, do most of you read them (well, maybe you do, I don't though maybe I should)

Anyway, I'm a skeptic on a lot of things, especially on claims that this or that mod, or new wax, or exhaust or car or whatever performs miracles and is the end all be all without actually seeing and touching and experiencing it myself - like the RPI exhaust (which I love). A lot of you are like that too as I have discovered reading and posting here, which is a good thing. I don't try to be pushy or ignorant about it though, nor do most of you, which is also good.

I'm 38 and live in Halifax, Pennsylvania but am from Gettysburg (I'm sure you've all heard of it ) I have a degree in Accounting although I figured out soon after graduating from PENN STATE that I hate accounting. I am a Captain and Battery Commander in the PA Army National Guard, and a Bureau Director at the Pennsylvania Department of Transportation. Married for going on 12 years, two kids (one each), a real East European Black German Sheppard (it does make a difference), and a calico cat.

I drive a 2008 550i M sport, loaded with all except night vision, rear heat, rear sunshades. It has sport auto transmission, CPO till July 2014. I also have a 2003 330XI, steptronic (which is for sale) and a 2002 Jeep Liberty (my winter mobile). My wife drives a 2005 X5. Just sold a 1995 Saturn SL1 (for a whopping $1200) - loved that car though, could beat and beat on it and not worry about anything since it was long ago paid for - I bought it when my celica finally died on me, we had two babies at home and not a lot of money for a car. I tend to keep cars that I'm happy with for awhile.

Prior cars owned include a 1990 Toyota Celica, 1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee, 1995 Ford Explorer, 1987 Jeep Wrangler, 1984 Ford "something", 1974 Firebird, 1988 Subaru "something".

MODS to current 550i so far:

30% Huper Optik tint all around,
RPI Axle back GT exhaust,
RPI RED air scoop,
White and black roundels all around,
Flat black grills,
Charcoal filter removed,
BMC air filter (once OEM on needs replaced)

Future MODS in consideration:

ECU reflash of somekind (DINAN stage I or II or PES),
Tinting of eyebrows front and back,
Powdercoating of OEM 172 wheels to darker color (gun metal, flat black, not sure yet),
Rear deck spoiler,
Clear plastic film protection entire front of car, hood, mirrors, door jams,
Replace orange LEDs in eyebrow to white LEDs,
Entire interior LED replacement,
I'd love to have the entire car wrapped in flat black vinyl but way to expensive for me.

Anyway, that's me. Love the forum, so glad I found it. Hope to meet some of you sometime and talk BMW.
Old 10-16-2009, 07:53 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 550i | Silver-Grey- A08 | Premium - Sport Package | Adaptive Headlights | Logic 7 w/ CD Changer | Bluetooth | Park Distance Control | Xenon Headlights | Comfort Access [s]Sprint Booster V1[/s] | K&N filter - Stock Box w/ Charcoal Filter Removed | Clear Side LED Markers | Matte Black Grilles | RPI Air Scoop | RPI 550i GT Exhaust | 12" Kicker w/ AMP | Headlight Euro Overlays | ACS Rep Roof\Trunk Spoilers |MTEC V2 Angel Eyes | 6000k HID Fog Lights | 19" VMR v710 Stag Wheels | Hankook Ventus V12 Evo K110 Tires | Debadged | LED Courtesy Door Lamps | Sprint Booster V2 | Painted Calipers | M pedals\shift knob | HID License Plate Bulbs | R1 Drilled\Slotted Rotors | Hawk HPS Brakes| ACS replica front lip |

Welcome, I was born and raised in Pittsburgh, PA. Will die a Black and Gold fan - GO STEELERS!!!! Now living in Fort Lauderdale, Flordia. I'm also 38.
Old 10-16-2009, 07:56 AM
Contributors

My Ride: SOLD...Jet Black 2008 550i M Sport with SAT, black interior. RPI exhaust and air scoop, 35% huper optik tint all around, CF roundels, flat black kidneys, Springfield Armory XD-40 jet black in glove box, charcoal filter removed.

Originally Posted by KREED_550i' post='1033943' date='Oct 16 2009, 11:53 AM
Welcome, I was born and raised in Pittsburgh, PA. Will die a Black and Gold fan - GO STEELERS!!!! Now living in Fort Lauderdale, Flordia. I'm also 38.
Cool! Go Steelers! Although I don't follow them as much as I follow Penn State.
Old 10-16-2009, 09:07 AM
Former Vendor

My Ride: F13 M6

welcome man
Old 10-16-2009, 09:57 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2006 525XI, Jet black on Dakota beige. Premium and winter packages. I consider myself a purist and intend to keep my car absolutely stock and shiny. 2008 328I Convertible, Sapphire black on beige interior. Premium package, NAV, iPod adapter. Retired: 2002 325I, Titanium silver on black leather. Premium package. Absolutely stock and proud of it.

and post pictures otherwise this crowd will lynch you.
Old 10-16-2009, 10:02 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: E60 M5, F85 X5M

Welcome! Outstanding introduction!

BTW, what color is your car?
Old 10-16-2009, 11:08 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by EuroCarFan' post='1034058' date='Oct 16 2009, 02:02 PM

Oh, its Jet Black with black interior.

I have posted pics by the way, under RPI install and my NEW car threads.
Old 10-18-2009, 11:47 PM
Members

Originally Posted by bha7176' post='1033939' date='Oct 16 2009, 11:47 AM
Hey all, just wanted to take a minute to introduce myself so you know where I am coming from with my posts as I've become more active lately now that I have my "new" car.

I know there is an introductions or some such thread on here somewhere, but really, do most of you read them (well, maybe you do, I don't though maybe I should)

Anyway, I'm a skeptic on a lot of things, especially on claims that this or that mod, or new wax, or exhaust or car or whatever performs miracles and is the end all be all without actually seeing and touching and experiencing it myself - like the RPI exhaust (which I love). A lot of you are like that too as I have discovered reading and posting here, which is a good thing. I don't try to be pushy or ignorant about it though, nor do most of you, which is also good.

I'm 38 and live in Halifax, Pennsylvania but am from Gettysburg (I'm sure you've all heard of it ) I have a degree in Accounting although I figured out soon after graduating from PENN STATE that I hate accounting. I am a Captain and Battery Commander in the PA Army National Guard, and a Bureau Director at the Pennsylvania Department of Transportation. Married for going on 12 years, two kids (one each), a real East European Black German Sheppard (it does make a difference), and a calico cat.

I drive a 2008 550i M sport, loaded with all except night vision, rear heat, rear sunshades. It has sport auto transmission, CPO till July 2014. I also have a 2003 330XI, steptronic (which is for sale) and a 2002 Jeep Liberty (my winter mobile). My wife drives a 2005 X5. Just sold a 1995 Saturn SL1 (for a whopping $1200) - loved that car though, could beat and beat on it and not worry about anything since it was long ago paid for - I bought it when my celica finally died on me, we had two babies at home and not a lot of money for a car. I tend to keep cars that I'm happy with for awhile.

Prior cars owned include a 1990 Toyota Celica, 1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee, 1995 Ford Explorer, 1987 Jeep Wrangler, 1984 Ford "something", 1974 Firebird, 1988 Subaru "something".

MODS to current 550i so far:

30% Huper Optik tint all around,
RPI Axle back GT exhaust,
RPI RED air scoop,
White and black roundels all around,
Flat black grills,
Charcoal filter removed,
BMC air filter (once OEM on needs replaced)

Future MODS in consideration:

ECU reflash of somekind (DINAN stage I or II or PES),
Tinting of eyebrows front and back,
Powdercoating of OEM 172 wheels to darker color (gun metal, flat black, not sure yet),
Rear deck spoiler,
Clear plastic film protection entire front of car, hood, mirrors, door jams,
Replace orange LEDs in eyebrow to white LEDs,
Entire interior LED replacement,
I'd love to have the entire car wrapped in flat black vinyl but way to expensive for me.

Anyway, that's me. Love the forum, so glad I found it. Hope to meet some of you sometime and talk BMW.
hi, welcome to the forum.. From Riverside, CA...
Thanks for the post
Old 10-19-2009, 04:15 AM
Contributors

My Ride: See my signature

Originally Posted by EuroCarFan' post='1034058' date='Oct 16 2009, 02:02 PM

+1. The OP has some nice mods on his ride.
Old 10-19-2009, 05:57 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

Welcome to the forum, glad you found us

Quick Reply: Introduction