New Member Introductions Please introduce yourself. Everyone here was once new to the 5 Series Forums so don't be shy! Welcome!

Introducing myself

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2009, 07:49 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I?ve been on here for a little while now, but I haven?t introduced myself. This is the story of how we came to BMW
For the past year and a half, I knew that we (Dad & I) were getting a BMW since our current car?s (E-Class) lease which is a company car, would expire by December 2009 and the only luxury choices were BMW, Volkswagen or Audi. I must admit that I am an avid Mercedes-Benz Enthusiast since I have been driving one since I?m had my license(different to my dad?s) I?ve been very much into BMW ever since I was given the opportunity to explore with my friends E90 320i nearly three years ago. I then joined the same forum my friend was part of (www.e90post.com) and I became a very active member, which I still am. Based on my dad?s budget and allowance, I figured that we would be able to afford a BMW E92 325i. I was very much set on that car and so was my dad. However after seeing a handful on 6 series roaming around and being up-close to it in the showroom, my dad had a change of heart. It was a beautiful car but it might have just been too expensive, even with a corporate discount and having to put out too much out of his pocket. This past February, I turned 18 and wanted a car, even though I was driving a C-class, recently acquired from my mom. I wanted a BMW E46 and was hunting for one since they were going very cheap. I was almost certain that I was going to get one and even joined www.e46fanatics.com
One day, my dad approached me and said that he could buy one for me, but he might not be able to afford the 6 series for himself at the end of the year. This was a tough decision. As much as I wanted an E46, which I could have done so much to; I wanted my dad to have something HE wanted, since he works so hard to provide for my mom and I. Besides, I was going to university the next year. Well over a year before we were to purchase a car, we knew that no matter what we were going to get, it would be white.
July came and it was time to start looking. On the day we went into the dealer. There were 2 520i?s, one of them, gray with the standard package and the other, a White with the M-Sport Kit, side by side. The Alpine white was so beautiful, but I was trying to take my mind off of it since it was going out of production next year and would be old soon. On that same day, we test drove a Blue 520i. we came back a week later to test drive a 630i which was in the showroom, in the south part of Trinidad. We test-drove the 630 and enjoyed it very much, but I had a hard time sitting in the back. We were told that there were only 2 6 series BMW had in stock, a Silver and a Plum colored one(the one we drove)They both had been in the country for nearly a year and both had just under 1000kms on them and were going for TTD 750,000. A brand new one with no additional options would cost 900,000. A brand new one was just out of our budget. While at the showroom, we did have a look at the E92 which we sat in the rear and at the front. Its certainly is a great car but it seemed kind of small and wasn?t exactly a step up from the E-class, unless we opted for getting a bigger engine. The White 520i M-sport had us mesmerized.
We asked for quotes for the 525i, going up in 0.5 Liters and for the 335i M-sport. We returned two weeks later to find out that nothing above a 530i is offered in Trinidad except the M5 (don?t know why) The 335i M-sport was 685,000TTD or 106,000USD & 530i M-sport were going for $795,000TTD or 126,000 USD. We had a decision to make, either an E92 335i M-sport which was small and getting common or a 530i M-sport which was going out of production the following year. (Because this car was going under a company plan and cost more than the company?s allowance, we had to put up some money for it)
The 6 series interior wasn?t all that attractive and I found it looked a little too feminine. My dad had originally wanted the 7 series (E65) but by the time we went to the showroom, the last one was sold and the F01 was already down here, with several upper class people beginning to have them, including government ministers. The F01 (740Li) was going for 1.2 Million TTD (190,000USD) I guess the main reason why we ended up picking the 5 series was because there was one, in white, with the M-sport package for us to see in the showroom while there was a 320i in blue without the M-sport. I had seen a couple E92 M-sport?s and still wondered if we should have gone that direction. I feel a bit better that the F10 doesn?t look better than the E60, but I?m hoping it doesn?t grow on me!
By placing this order, we would be 1/4 people with a 530i and 1 out of 2 with the M-sport on a 530i. In Trinidad, it?s actually more uncommon seeing a standard 5 series that an M-sport. All of them have the Style 135 rims with few opting for the 19 inch which looks similar. I insisted that we be unique and order new rims with it. We worked out a deal with BMW were the 135 rims would be traded in for 166 M5 Rims and we paid the difference.
November 20th 2009 - Shipped from Germany
Arrival Date- December 5TH

I'll post some pics when it is cleared from the port and sitting in the showroom
Old 12-06-2009, 08:30 PM
Contributors

My Ride: F90 M5 Singapore Grey Executive package blacked out grill, body matched paint
Model Year: 2019

Awesome man congrats!! good choice!
Old 12-06-2009, 08:33 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

Congrats and welcome to the family
Old 12-06-2009, 08:34 PM
Senior Members

Welcome!
Old 12-06-2009, 11:14 PM
Former Vendor

My Ride: F13 M6

welcome and enjoy the forums.
Old 12-07-2009, 12:39 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 530ix / E60
Model Year: 2007

& Have a great time with this great forum!
Old 12-07-2009, 07:23 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2006 525XI, Jet black on Dakota beige. Premium and winter packages. I consider myself a purist and intend to keep my car absolutely stock and shiny. 2008 328I Convertible, Sapphire black on beige interior. Premium package, NAV, iPod adapter. Retired: 2002 325I, Titanium silver on black leather. Premium package. Absolutely stock and proud of it.

aboard. Enjoy the forum.
Old 12-07-2009, 05:44 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Mini Cooper

Welcome to the best 5 Series forum in the world and have fun too
Old 12-07-2009, 06:30 PM
Members

Thanks guys
Do you know if there are any other Trinidadians on this forum?
Old 12-07-2009, 07:59 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

Originally Posted by Davin' post='1069814' date='Dec 7 2009, 10:30 PM
Thanks guys
Do you know if there are any other Trinidadians on this forum?
Did someone say Trinity? Sure, we have some of that...oh, wait, he said Trinidad, not Trinity...

Quick Reply: Introducing myself