New Member Introductions Please introduce yourself. Everyone here was once new to the 5 Series Forums so don't be shy! Welcome!

Introducing my new 545i

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2004, 09:11 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks everyone for the kind words,

After an exciting evening of watching my Trojans I decided to purchase the ACS kit for the 545, I will pickup the front/rear pieces on Monday and drop them off at my friends shop for painting/fitment.

There is no exhaust ( catback) from ACS for the E60, I will be getting the figure8 tip ( like those on my M3 ) and have that replace the factory tips.

I have really anquished on rims, I like the BBS made factory 18's and really have nothing that reaches out and grabs me or my wallet so I will wait on the sideskirts till I find something down the line.

The next mod will be the ACS mirrors, I just installed the folding mirrors on my M3 and really want that option but I need to research more...I thought about the M5 mirrors...but I may buy an M5 so will see.

Lastly, I hated this car when I first saw it, period. Drove the 525 and was not overly impressed enough to part with 50K ( sorry to offend any 525 owners) Had nothing to do with badge/HP more the whole shape and interior. Well my dealer called and told me a 4.8is had come in and I have ( wife) a 4.6is and thought of upgrading...nice but she liked hers better color wise etc. But there was this TiSilver 545i sitting there and I decided to drive it...I was very impressed. I was more impressed when I got 11K off the sticker of 64K and Sirrus thrown in. I have bought 7 cars from this dealer in 4 years so I felt I have earned the merit of a discount of that proportion, but it made the choice easier.

I always mod my cars as it reflects my individual taste better than BMW can capture. I will help anybody who wishes to duplicate my efforts as I will post them on the boards.
I appreciate all information I gather from you all as well.
Happy motoring and Fight On!
Old 09-25-2004, 09:46 PM
Members

How much are you getting the ACS front lip for? Part, paint and install? Please PM me. thanks!

There is an ACS exhaust available for the E60. I'm thinking of installing that.
Old 09-25-2004, 10:31 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by ForceReconTrojan' date='Sep 25 2004, 10:11 PM
[
There is no exhaust ( catback) from ACS for the E60, I will be getting the figure8
[snapback]38182[/snapback]
If you search the forum, there are some posts on exhaust systems or some kinda minor mod that changes the sound by opening a valve in the system.
Old 09-25-2004, 10:59 PM
Senior Members

I was more impressed when I got 11K off the sticker of 64K and Sirrus thrown in.
it's over 17% off ! i think i'm getting a car from your dealer next time !
Old 09-26-2004, 01:20 AM
Contributors

My Ride: [i][b][u]Since 19 august 2004[/u][/b][/i]: [color=red][b]530i[/b] High Executive[/color], Silvergray with beige interior, Popular wood, Servotronic, Sportssuspension, electric foldable and dimmed mirrors, dimmed interior mirror, pappelmaser braun wood, cupholders, styling 123 18" wheels, Logic 7, Steptronic, alarm class 3, electric sunscreen in the rear and suncreens for sidewindows, Comfort seats, heated seats, Xenon with headlightwashers, Adaptive corner lights ALC, Advanced airconditioning, lightpackage, Nav Pro, 6 cd changer, side airbags rearseats, bluetooth siemens S55, chrome kidneys, gearlever with wood, voice recognition retrofit, front windshield with green band. Waiting for trunkopener button from Hobi :)

Wow, that is amazing that amount of discount is almost impossible, your dealer had to throw in money to sell you a car.

btw, your M3 looks very nice (you even added the angel eyes).