New Member Introductions Please introduce yourself. Everyone here was once new to the 5 Series Forums so don't be shy! Welcome!

From a Hyundai to BMW....Wow.

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2011, 04:04 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 02/2006 525i Titanium Silver Metallic Manual 6-Speed

Hey guys,

I recently purchased a 06 525i Titanium Silver, Black Dakota, Premium Seating, Sirius, Manual stick shit, etc.. This is my first BMW! I have been looking for a 5 series all winter, and am extremely happy with my purchase. Especially, since I previously drove a 09 Hyundai Sonata 4-cyl auto. :thumbsdown:

I have been browsing these forums for weeks as a visitor, but have joined now that I am a 5-series owner. I want to tell you guys how much I appreciate this community, the members, and the vast experience/knowledge available here.

Here is a look at my 5:

Future Mods in mind: iDrive/CIC upgrade and upgrade lighting to LCI Headlights/Taillights..
Old 04-01-2011, 04:34 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 530i Alpine White with Navi and Premium PackageIn progress: OEM Mtech kit, H&R Sport Springs, and 19

Welcome Pradden,

I saw your post about the wax...

Since your car is an 06 and you just got her I would recommend you clay the car so you can start fresh. There is lots of info on claying if you have never done it before (very easy). First wash with Dawn to strip the old wax, follow instructions on the clay bar box, wash again with Dawn, dry, wax, and be happy!

If you dont know the clay removes all the particles stuck to your paint. It REALLY makes a difference if your car hasnt been clayed. Good luck and let the modding begin!
Old 04-01-2011, 04:45 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 02/2006 525i Titanium Silver Metallic Manual 6-Speed

lightfytr, thank you for the advise. I have never "clay-ed" a car before, so I didn't even consider it. I will read up on it today and get what I need, then get it done tomorrow.

I do have 2 questions though:

Since my car has a pinstripe on it, do I need to be careful around it with the clay bar? and, What do you recommend for the chrome strips around the windows? The chrome strips have what look like water marks on them that won't just rub off.
Old 04-01-2011, 06:16 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 530i Alpine White with Navi and Premium PackageIn progress: OEM Mtech kit, H&R Sport Springs, and 19

Originally Posted by pradden
lightfytr, thank you for the advise. I have never "clay-ed" a car before, so I didn't even consider it. I will read up on it today and get what I need, then get it done tomorrow.

I do have 2 questions though:

Since my car has a pinstripe on it, do I need to be careful around it with the clay bar? and, What do you recommend for the chrome strips around the windows? The chrome strips have what look like water marks on them that won't just rub off.
I just had my car clayed 2 weeks ago (I usually do it myself but the detailer gave me a deal I couldnt refuse) but anyway after he clayed my car the chrome was clean, i had never tried to clay the chrome and he must've because they looked new. Now I dont have to worry about it because I covered the chrome with shadowline tape but it looked almost new before i covered it. I didnt have any issues claying over the pinstripes although now I want to remove my pinstripes...
Old 04-01-2011, 06:30 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Original E60 Spec: 530i - Silver Grey Out, Black Dakota Leather In, Navigation Pro, Voice Command, HiFi Audio, Sports Package, Premium Package, Cold Weather Package w/ Heated Seats, Style# 123 Alloy Track Wheels, Auto AC, Power Front Seats, Active Turn Xennon Headlights, Mods: OEM M-Tech Front Bumper, OEM M Side Skirts, OEM M5 Rear Bumper, M5 Trunk Lid Finisher, M5 Style Mirrors, Custom Hamann Style Splitter, Custom Hartge Style Diffuser, RD Sport Boot Spoiler, LCI Taillights, Bruce Miranda's V4 LCI Retro Cables, 6000K Xenon light Bulbs, Xenon White LED License Plate Lights, 8000K HID 9006 Fog Lights, Akalius� Front Headlight Euro Overlays, Matte Black Kidney Grilles, E60.Net Clings, Debadged, Llumar Tinting "Micro Edged, 15% Rear 35% Sides, Engine Mods: Custom Magnaflow Quad Exhaust w/ Eisenmann Stamped 3� Tips, RPI Scoop (Red) Added Electronics: V1 Equipped (Hardwired), OEM Alpine CD Changer Retrofit, Shoes: SOLD-20" Staggered Vertini Hennesey Rims, Falcon 452's Tires-SOLD New Shoes: 19" VMR 710 Hyper Silver, General Exclaim UHP 245/35/19 Front-275/30/19 Rear, Gloss Silver Caliper Paint Job DIY ^_____________ Retired ______________ Took Delivery 10/26/2009: LOADED! E60 M5 Silverstone II/Black, Active Seats, Comfort Ventilated/Heated Seats, HUD, Brushed Aluminum Trim,

Welcome to the forum!
Old 04-01-2011, 08:01 AM
Contributors

Location: Originally from Koeln, Deutschland. Enjoying it in Bonita Springs, Florida Now :)

Good call
Old 04-01-2011, 08:42 PM
Contributors

Congrats on your new bimmer dude! Have fun with it.
Old 04-02-2011, 07:01 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: Alpine White 2006 530Xi (SLD)

Congrats!
Old 04-05-2011, 08:09 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: A Car

congrats! U'll love the E60 much more than the Hyundai!
Old 04-12-2011, 01:22 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Mini Cooper

Welcome to the best 5 Series forum in the world and have fun too

Quick Reply: From a Hyundai to BMW....Wow.