New Member Introductions Please introduce yourself. Everyone here was once new to the 5 Series Forums so don't be shy! Welcome!

Hi; I'm new!

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2018, 05:52 AM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2008 535xi Monaco blue metallic/beige sport options
Default Hi; I'm new!

Hello everyone; My name is Greg. Just purchased an 08 535xi 84,000 miles, Monaco blue metallic/beige. Very good/excellent condition. Carfax shows no accidents, & no damage reported. Mechanically, the car has a solid history of dealer service, (I'm the 3rd owner). Outside of basic servicing, the only "big" item replaced, was the water pump @ 43,000 miles. Nothing showing the hpfp, the turbos, or the injectors. I've replaced the leaking oil filter housing, & oil cooler gaskets. This lead to replacing the fitting on the thermostat to cylinder head coolant hose,(front of engine block), as the plastic one fell apart when removed. Fpceuro sells an aftermarket aluminum replacement, just cut the existing hose clamp band off w/ a dremel. Be careful as bits of the plastic fall down the coolant hose. New York state inspection by my mechanic, led him to discover a leaking valve cover gasket. Already ordered & received the new gasket, along w/ a tranny service kit, (the one from fpceuro including pan/filter,bolts,fill plug,zf fluid). YouTube videos on the vc gasket job are excellent, however, fairly involved, think I'll have my mechanic do it, along w/ the tranny service, as I don't have use of a lift. In addition, I replaced the plastic gear, (press fit in a vise w/ an oversized socket), in the motor for the seat thigh extension. I bought the single piece brass replacements off eBay that were a fit for my vehicle, however they binded the gears. Today, think I'll pull the vanos solenoids, clean & blow dry, just p.m. So, the car is awesome. Glad I found this most excellent forum, & thanks in advance for everything...
Old 12-23-2018, 08:01 AM
Administrator

Received 96 Likes on 92 Posts
My Ride: 530xi
Model Year: 2007
Engine: N52

Sounds like you have a handle on things! to the forum!