New Member Introductions Please introduce yourself. Everyone here was once new to the 5 Series Forums so don't be shy! Welcome!

Hello - new member from NW England

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2007, 11:26 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 525D SE 2006 - Standard except Eibach Sports springs

Hello all - been reading the forum for info for a couple of weeks now. I was looking for a 520D M Sport but couldn;t find a good one with plenty of toys for the right money.
Ended up with a 2006 525D SE with the Media, Luxury and Xenons instead and had lowered using Eibach Sports. Very happy with it but would still love the M kit and 18" rims with standard rubber - Can the change from run flats affect any warranty / insurance ??

Here are some pics after I gave it a real good clean last week.

Thanks for all your help already!

Joe
Old 08-30-2007, 11:56 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 535xi / Platinum Grey / Black leather / Step Auto / Sport / Premium / Cold weather / 18" wheels / Logic 7 / Comfort / ipod / Navigation / Fold Down Rear Seats / Rear Airbags / Sirius SAT / Spoiler / Extended Clear bra / Bluetooth. (Previously owned a 2002 sport 525I Loaded). On order: 535xi Platnium Grey with Black interior, Step Auto, Sports package, Premium package, Cold weather package, 18" wheels, Logic 7, Comfort access, ipod adapt, Navigation, Sat radio, Rear spoiler, Extended Clear coat bra.

Joe, welcome. I love the photo with the old boat in it. I believe you'll be ok with changing the rims and tires and putting the m-kit on the car. That will not affect your warranty. check out member Quad-m he sells all the items you are looking for and mostly all the members swear by him.
Old 08-30-2007, 01:06 PM
Senior Members

congrats man, silver is got to best colour.

Clean car!!!
Old 08-30-2007, 09:29 PM
Former Vendor

My Ride: F13 M6

welcome. nice e60 you got there man. the only way changing the run flats would affect warranty is if you bought a wheel and tire warranty with the dealer, which you probably havent, so change them out and get a more comfortable ride with non-rfts. enjoy the forums
Old 08-30-2007, 10:17 PM
Members

Originally Posted by slickrick' post='464274' date='Aug 30 2007, 08:56 PM
Joe, welcome. I love the photo with the old boat in it. I believe you'll be ok with changing the rims and tires and putting the m-kit on the car. That will not affect your warranty. check out member Quad-m he sells all the items you are looking for and mostly all the members swear by him.
Has anyone bought anything from Quad_m from the UK. His prices are ace, just want to know the complications of getting it sent over the pond.... Run flats are rubbish... bring on the 167'!
Old 08-31-2007, 12:45 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: Jan 2006 E63 650i Sport . Options: Sport version (includes: sport-seats, sport-suspension, M-Sport steering wheel, Anthracite headliner, Shaddow Line), Saphire Black, Black Dakota Leather, Anthracite Maple Wood trim, Steptronic Auto, Xenons, NAV-Professional with Voice Control, TV, CD-Changer, Bluetooth, Logic7, Head-up Display, Comfort Access, Seat Heating front, Auto Dimming & Folding Mirrors, Extended Auto Air Conditioning, PDC. . Mods: Spacers 5mm front & 15mm rear . Wheels: 20" Alpina Softline (Classic) with Dunlop Sport Maxx non-RFT (255/35/20 & 285/30/20)

Welcome on board Joe! Thanks for the great photos.

Nice to see you are getting straight into the mods. Warranty isn't going to be an issue if you are adding OEM parts. With others, its always worth double checking.

You may also want to contact ATS77 for a quote for a Hamann gear shifter -- I swapped mine out and love the feel & look of it. (-Which reminds me, I need to post some photos of mine ) Hamann do great simple mods for the interior, including pedals etc.

Enjoy...
Old 08-31-2007, 01:35 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 530i Alpine White with Navi and Premium PackageIn progress: OEM Mtech kit, H&R Sport Springs, and 19

Joe UK,

first off welcome. The ride is sharp, looks clean too. Man it will be unreal once you change out the kit and wheels. I am headed down the same road...
Old 08-31-2007, 07:37 AM
Members

My Ride: 525D SE 2006 - Standard except Eibach Sports springs

Thanks for all the replies. I'll look into the gear shifter - the normal stick seems tall and a fair way away. I take it the Hamann is more like the M Sport stick?

Saw a friend yesterday who's got a 535D M Sport and he looks to be changing his wheels so I should be getting his standard 18" M Sports for a good price when he finds some 19s. I think the 18s should look a lot better and if I decide to go bigger, I can always sell them on as they're OEM.
Old 09-04-2007, 05:20 PM
Contributors

Welcome ... I'm in NW England too, have my third E60 on order! I love runflats though, they saved my neck once - I can put up with the slightly harsher and noisier ride. Solution was to order comfort seats and a loud stereo... !

First two E60's have had 17" wheels, I am looking forward to the 18" and M-Sport styling on my new one in about 6 weeks time

Personally I don't understand people who buy a car like this and opt for a manual gearbox, but each to his own! I am also a big Titanium Silver fan!
Old 09-07-2007, 05:42 AM
Senior Members

yep, titan silver, is the most common around together with black sapphire