New Member Introductions Please introduce yourself. Everyone here was once new to the 5 Series Forums so don't be shy! Welcome!

Hello from Munich, Germany (530d)

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2007, 08:00 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: BMW 530d titansilver, manual transmission BMW 535d titansilver, automatic + AMG shift Paddles
Exclamation

Hello Guys, here is (finally) my first post on this forums !! I've been watching some of the topics for quite some time and decided that I should join up ;-)

Anyways....About me, I'm 19 (will turn 20 in April), and I think I'm quite privilleged to drive an E60. But more on that later.
I come from Romania and I live in the Home Town of BMW (Munich) since the age of 14 (2002). Ever since I was a little boy I like BMW's (who hasn't ?) and I've always been a HUGE fan of them.

As you can see, my English is unfortunately not perfect, but I hope I'll somehow make myself understood here

About the car.....Allthough I drive it 95% of the time, it's not technically mine, so just to clear that up. I'm lucky my dad understands my car-madness (and I luckily converted him to BMW, because he wanted an Automatic Mercedes E-class.....) so yeah.......
It's an 03 titanium silver 530d with a manual tranny ( ), bought used with 70.000km for like 23.500 euros.

Question : in which part of the forum can I create a thread with some photos and a description ? In the E60 general section ?

Anyway.....I'd like to wish you a HAPPY NEW YEAR and all the best of luck for 2008 !!

Vlad Mares
Munich

EDIT: Can I configure my account so that all therads will be shown in Lo-fi ?
Old 12-31-2007, 08:30 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: Jan 2006 E63 650i Sport . Options: Sport version (includes: sport-seats, sport-suspension, M-Sport steering wheel, Anthracite headliner, Shaddow Line), Saphire Black, Black Dakota Leather, Anthracite Maple Wood trim, Steptronic Auto, Xenons, NAV-Professional with Voice Control, TV, CD-Changer, Bluetooth, Logic7, Head-up Display, Comfort Access, Seat Heating front, Auto Dimming & Folding Mirrors, Extended Auto Air Conditioning, PDC. . Mods: Spacers 5mm front & 15mm rear . Wheels: 20" Alpina Softline (Classic) with Dunlop Sport Maxx non-RFT (255/35/20 & 285/30/20)

Willkommen an bord!

Well done for convincing your dad to purchase the car you wanted to drive

Click on the My Controls link at the top of the page to set up your profile, including signature and galleries.

You can also use this Post to show more pics and details of your ride...
Old 12-31-2007, 08:33 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: F11 -14

Ach..., you beat me to it xBMWx

Willkommen an Bord, and enjoy the knowledge of all your new forum-friends! You'll be amaxzed how much these guys know about the E60/E61 series.
Old 12-31-2007, 08:40 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

Welcome! You can post some pictures in this thread but you might also want to create a gallery that you can use for many of your photos...

As far as using the lofi version of the site by default, I don't think there's a way to set that in your profile but you could just use the following link to access the boards:
http://forums.e60.net/lofiversion/index.php/

Keep in mind that using lofi, you won't have the ability to see the pictures, etc. and you'll lose other functionality that the "normal" mode provides.
Old 12-31-2007, 09:28 AM
Members

My Ride: BMW 530d titansilver, manual transmission BMW 535d titansilver, automatic + AMG shift Paddles
Wink

Hi guys and thanks for the answers to my questions ;-)
Ok I'll list some of the details.

It's a MY2003 (september) and I bought it in October this year. It costed 23.500 euros, and it had about 70.000 km, full service history, but a few stone chips on the hood and on the left mirror (oddly enough....). It has :

-Bi-xenon : excellent option, I love the added safety of xenon lights (didn't have them before).......And the angel eyes are a bonus

-Active steering : it makes the car very nimble (IMHO) and makes parking very confortable and fast. I like it a lot, allthough it doesn't have very much steering feel in it.

-Heated Dakota Black Leather Electric confort seats : because I'm friggin huge (almost 2 metres in height) I appreciate these seats at its best. The side supports adjust electrically also (like on the M5) and the confort is just perfect. Never used the "cusions" on the headrest, but it's certainly eye-candy

-18" alloys with Dunlop Sport 9000 for summer......OK, the design is not perfect (would prefer M5 / M6 Styling or Styling 135 / 172) But they do the job. I like the tires quite a lot, they offer good grip and for now, I can't compare them to anything else because they were on the car when I bought it. Driving confort is ok ( NO runflats ) and even with the standard suspension, for normal roads, the handling is tasty

-16" alloys with Hankook Ice-breaker 300 for winter. Basically I bought the rims for 210 euros (because I HATE the trapez - styling ) and I think they look OK. 2 of the tires are not very good (the front) and that makes the car understeer when cold. The tall sidewalls (I think 225/55 R16) also make it more wobbly and it's no real fun exploring the handling limits.

-Hi-Fi Sound system.....OK, it's no Logic 7 or Individual, but it makes the interior mirror shake so it's bassy enough, not to mention the clarity (which is FAR better than the one in the Renault Espace I had before). I think it was well worth the 600 euro it costed when new

-NO sunroof (it's no option, but it gives more headroom, very important to us)

-Buisness Navigation (OK.....Professional would have been better) but since we don't need it THAT often, it's no big deal.

-Some dark wood (I think it's Papel Dunkel), well, it's better that those plastic grey antracite things but...would have preferred the aluminium ones or the dark grey wood....anyways.....it can be changed in time ;-)

As you can see, it's FAR from full-options but....to be honest....I LOVE it the way it is. I planned some things but since we intend to keep the car for a longer time, they may be spread in the medium-far future : M-pack (maybe in combination with an M5 front bumper), Shadowline, other summer wheels&tires, a sports steering wheel, maybe chrome grills and other small stuff, including interiour trim. and......of course...... Sometime soon an E60Forums sticker ;-)

Anyway....enough with the bla bla, here are some (not perfect) pictures of it.
Attached Thumbnails Hello from Munich, Germany (530d)-dscf6503_0.jpg   Hello from Munich, Germany (530d)-dscf6518.jpg   Hello from Munich, Germany (530d)-dscf6525_0.jpg   Hello from Munich, Germany (530d)-dscf6548.jpg   Hello from Munich, Germany (530d)-dscf6561.jpg  

Hello from Munich, Germany (530d)-dscf6695.jpg   Hello from Munich, Germany (530d)-dscf6705.jpg  
Old 12-31-2007, 01:10 PM
Former Vendor

My Ride: F13 M6

congrats man. welcome and enjoy the forums.
Old 01-06-2008, 07:45 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Mini Cooper

Welcome to the best e60 forum in the world and have fun too
Old 01-31-2008, 04:39 AM
Members

haha oare de ce la toti romani le plac bmw-rile
Old 02-01-2008, 02:55 AM
Senior Members

Welcome to you and your dad..
Old 02-02-2008, 03:13 AM
Members

My Ride: BMW E60

Hello from Austria (Salzburg)....

Nice car an have a lot fun with the bimmer...

Cheers

Quick Reply: Hello from Munich, Germany (530d)