New Member Introductions Please introduce yourself. Everyone here was once new to the 5 Series Forums so don't be shy! Welcome!

Greetins from Tampa, FL!

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2011, 11:27 AM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2005 BMW 530i

Greetings, all!

I'm Carlos and I'm definitely new to the 5 Series world! I'm currently driving an E60 530i that was a "hand me down" of sorts. My previous car was a 1999 Lexus GS400 that had crossed 247,000 miles not to long ago. A few short weeks after that, irreversible leaks began to occur. I was graciously given the option to trade cars with my father and he would go buy a new car. Since I am a fan of not having a car payment, I took a mint 530 off his hands for my GS400. Sadly, I had invested a lot of time and money into that GS, but, on to bigger and better things I suppose! Anyhow, a little about myself... I am technogeek from Tampa. I work in law enforcement but am not a LEO by any stretch of the imagination. I'm about as chill as them come and have been in the auto modding/tuning world since I had a license. I love all things car related and even spent time as a mechanic at a local BMW franchise (although I worked for the VW portion of the dealer). I'm not afraid to tinker with my car, and already have a list of things I'd like to do to it. I have quickly realized that almost NOTHING is easy to do on the E60 as it was on the GS. Whatever the case, I look forward to joining the community and contributing in one way, shape, or form.

~Carlos