New Member Introductions Please introduce yourself. Everyone here was once new to the 5 Series Forums so don't be shy! Welcome!

E39 M5 from FL

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2013, 02:46 PM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2000 BMW M5
Default E39 M5 from FL

I've been bumping around M5boards for a little while so I figured it was time to branch out.

Currently active duty Air Force here in FL. Just another beast owner trying to bring some quality back to my 11/99 car. I'm the third owner of the vehicle and apparently the only one that's much cared for it. It needs some love but I got too good of a deal on it so despite the issues, I'm the proud owner.

I bought the car with a cracked front bumper, no plastics underneath, directional tires facing the wrong way, no center-caps, air filters slid on the OEM tubes (sucking up that lovely hot engine air), and a filthy interior with no carpet, I could go on but no need. I'm happy to own the vehicle and put in the work.

As it sits, the car has a Dinan stage 1 software upgrade, UUC EVO3 short shifter, BC BR coilovers, square 19x10 Style 95 wheels (not reps), HR 20mm spacers, and the muffler delete with, what appear to be, Timmay tips. The brights and fogs are also yellow. What the pictures below won't show is the horrible rock chips on the hood, cracked front bumper, and dent on the passenger front fender. My new bumper should actually arrive today, I already have a new OEM fender, and I'm debating on which hood I want currently. After that, the car is going in for paint. All panels/glass removed, bumpers/fenders off, and blemishes repaired. The wheels are also going to be chemical dipped and powder coated. Not sure what color yet.

And here are some pictures of me diving into a valve cover gasket change with absolutely no BMW experience, haha. It turned out well.

The car now has stock airboxes and I'm currently trouble shooting a misfire issue. I'm almost positive it's my bank 2 VANOS board as only that bank sporadically misfires. Sorry for the long intro but I hate when people join forums with a simple "Hello, I'm Dave."

Thanks for having me.