New Member Introductions Please introduce yourself. Everyone here was once new to the 5 Series Forums so don't be shy! Welcome!

Delivery Dream/Nightmare

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2008, 01:25 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: I have a 2008 535i fully loaded built 23 July!

First and foremost I want to tell you all that this is by far the best E60 forum there is! I've been coming for a couple of months now and I try and track all the new posts that come through. Now that the introduction is complete and props have been given to E60.net, I'll go into my wife's delivery of our new 535i last week in Kaiserslautern Germany.

So Fran arrives in Ansbach where I currently live and my good friend gives her a ride to pick up our car last Wednesday afternoon and everything went seemingly fine. About 2 hours later right before Fran was about to drive back to Ansbach she gets a warning in the iDrive that says "Engine Malfunction"......"Reduced Power". At this point she's only driven the car for 5 miles and there is a problem! She takes it back to the dealer at 1715 (they close at 1730) so she has to leave it there overnight for them to try and fix it the next day. Now she has to spend the night because it is a 2 hour drive back to Ansbach.

Thursday morning comes and she contacts the dealer and the car is hooked up to the machine and no word on what is wrong. At 1400 they call and tell her that the car is ready and that the problem was a loose cable. No harm no foul, most important thing was that it turned out to be something simple.

All in all things turned out fine and the car made the journey from Germany back to Venice, Italy where we live. The pics are quick ones that Fran took (to satify me because I couldn't be there) right after she had the wheels replaced. They are temp wheels until I can convince her to let me spend 4k on OZ wheels. Please share your thoughts.

Delivery Dream/Nightmare-bmw3.jpgDelivery Dream/Nightmare-bmw4.jpgDelivery Dream/Nightmare-bmw5.jpgDelivery Dream/Nightmare-bmw6.jpg

2008 535i Sapphire Black w Cream Beige, Sport, Premium, Nav, HUD, Prem Sound, Power Sun Shades, iPod adapter, Cold Weather Package w heated rear seats, Steptronic tranny with sport paddles, and PDC and 19x8/19x9 Bremmer Kraft Wheels.

MODS to come: M5 side skirts and front and rear apron ACS trunk spoiler
Old 08-12-2008, 02:41 AM
ipp
Senior Members

My Ride: 07' 530d - M-Sport - Titanium Silver / Black Dakota leather 08' 120i - M-Sport - Alpine White III / Black Sensatec

Looks very nice! Congrats! The wheels isn't up to BMW standard though, IMO...
Old 08-12-2008, 03:15 AM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: E60

"B" emblems.. Brabus, isn't it?
Old 08-12-2008, 03:24 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 528i, Space Grey, Nav, PDC, Premium, Sports, Grey Leather, Xenon, Cornering...

Hey man, I am in Kaiserslautern Germany... It's good to know there are more people out here.. If you need anything let me know. Check my profile out.
Welcome to the forums and make it back safe.

Tonymac
Old 08-12-2008, 03:25 AM
Members

<div align='left'></div>Bremmer Kraft actually. They are temp wheels until next summer. Hopefully they'll look a lot better once the car is cleaned up.
Old 08-12-2008, 03:27 AM
Members

Thanks Tony! Less than 30 to go, so of course I can't wait to get out of the box. I'm down in Katterbach, near Nurnberg but my wife picked up the car from K-Town. Peter helped her out.

T
Old 08-12-2008, 04:57 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 BMW 550i Sport Carbon Black Metallic/Cream Beige Manny tranny and other stuff Recently gone, but never forgotten: 2005 Ford Mustang GT (hence the name) Torch Red/Crimson Manny tranny and every option available for that year 2002 Chrysler 300M Special Brilliant Black/Light Taupe/Dark Slate Autostick and goo-gobs of neat features that I will sorely miss

A loose cable, eh? I ended up having a wiring harness replaced because of that "EM! RP."
Old 08-12-2008, 05:38 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011, E90 M3 Sedan. Alpine White.Competition package, Keyhole cover, fender reflectors in Alpine white, RPI Exhaust, 19

god bless.. get home safe! p.s nice car.. and i went to venice once.. was beautiful and stinky at the same time..lol
Old 08-12-2008, 05:47 AM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

Congrats on the new car and to the forums. Glad it was an easy fix. Happy motoring
Old 08-12-2008, 06:32 AM
Members

Thanks all! I'll post more pictures when the misses gets her washed up. Venice is great, but there is always that smell. You get used to it after a couple of times though.

Quick Reply: Delivery Dream/Nightmare