New Member Introductions Please introduce yourself. Everyone here was once new to the 5 Series Forums so don't be shy! Welcome!

Beating a dead horse

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2009, 01:44 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2007 BMW 550I

Hello fellow BMW lovers, I have been reading the banter over the past week and felt I should inform you guys on a few things.
as I stated in a heated topic earlier this week I am new here (look at the post count whoooo!!!) I have been observing this forum for a few months because I was trying to decide on buying a 750 or 550I to mod after my e39 was stolen, and to be honest I never liked the e60 until I started reading posts from you guys and the way you all embraced each other (with a little ribbing) on how you mod your cars. Comming from every other major BMW forum where some members can be disrespectful to another members choice, e60.net is a breath of fresh air.

I own and operate a non-profit org, where we peer mentor at risk youth thru their love of cars, along with my sponsors in NASCAR, we go to every major city on the NASCAR schd., put on car shows at schools and take the students who improved the most to the racing events during the weekend.
aside from the E39 that was stolen, I own a CLS 55 amg, cadillac escalade EXT, Hybusa and CBR 900......and now because of you guys I am the proud owner of a 2007 550I, that car will not see the light of day until its finished at my guys body shop and a dinan trip at the little garage in Queens.

The reason I mention my cars is because of the E39, that was my baby, I won awards from the Nopi ATL super shows to being #1 in 07 with the NCCA. Using that car had its down falls also, when i would take it on the road and do shows particularly in the south I would be riddiculed for having
AC Schnitzer Parts, (because it was German) mind you my car was parked next to a replica of the general lee, or at other show where "donks" were present. "hey how come you dont have a picture of lucky charms on your car?" "Zimmerman brakes?....next time go to Napa or autozone","your hood is really carbon fiber with candy paint?, they have blue carbon fiber stickers at pep boys!!"

The point i`m trying to make is that I see it all daily, when ppl say they dont like something on my car I really dont care because everything I
own is paid for, I myself smile or say something slick from time to time like when I see fake vents on a Hyundai Sonata but he/she paid for them so
go for it....I just wont park next to them at wal-mart (yes I shop there while in the south, how do you think I afford my cars....lol).
I look at BMW`s as a frat, just like you have Chevy and Ford Guys we are Barvarian guys....when we see another bimmer and its driver we acknowlege him or her and I feel we should do they same here. These days ppl are over sensitive, we have problems all over so its refreshing to go online and and share something with someone miles away or in your own back yard. most of the things said in the past would not have been repeated
face to face, in today world ppl turn on their computer and all of a sudden hair grow from their chest and its time to rumble, just look at any you tube post...so much chest thumping over the internet when he or she really know that they are not built for what they are writing. I grew up In Brownsville
Brooklyn (google it), I have seen it all twice which allows me to have thick skin and to respect others at the same time.

With that being said I really enjoy this forum and lets work together and not against one another, we belong to the best frat (aside from Aston Martin owners....lol) lets all just get along and continue to inspire all BMW owners, I really do believe at least 90% of owners here bought their cars because
they WANTED a bmw, not because thats all they could afford.

Brooklyn.
Old 10-02-2009, 01:50 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

Well said, I'd like to hear more about your non-profit. Welcome again BTW
Old 10-02-2009, 03:55 PM
Members

My Ride: 2007 BMW 550I

Originally Posted by pjinca' post='1023353' date='Oct 2 2009, 05:50 PM
Well said, I'd like to hear more about your non-profit. Welcome again BTW
Thanks for the welcome, - started my non-profit A few yrs ago after traveling across the country and noticing the dire situation affecting our youth, I am a member of Ruff Ryders (DMX, Swizz Beats) and after doing countless videos, and tours along with the bikes I decided I would give back. Feeding on the materialistic attitude of teens today we do a bait and switch, raise your grades, improve your attendance and you get rewarded, my staff works with guidance counselors at the schools we attend and monitors improvement, when we come to the particular schools in the city that NASCAR is holding a race we put on car shows at the schools and bring the most improved students to the Sprint cup race. We mainly work with D and C students to give them the encouragement not to blend in and settle for mediocrity. Because of the current economic climate and losing funding from GM we only have another season left with NASCAR. In Cali there is a similar program with Ferrari that focuses on urban youth that would never get the chance to ride in one.
Old 10-02-2009, 04:20 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 550i Jet Black on Black Leather, SAT with Paddles, Logic 7, Comfort Seats, NAV, Sport Package, PDC, Xenons, Sirius, Trinity 12W LED Angel Eyes, RPi GT Exhaust, M rear spoiler, ACS Roof Spoiler, Tinted Tail Lights, Bimmian Carbon Fiber Pillar Trim, Bimmian Shadow 550i emblem, RPi Scoop, E60 Forum Cling, Mtec bulbs in fog lights, Mtec 2W LED for License Plate Light Bulbs, K&N Filter, Bimmian LED Smoked Side Markers, Blackout roundels, Carbon Fiber Kidney Grills. Retired Rides - 1989 325i convertible, 1995 M3, 2002 X5, 2005 545i, 2008 X5 (Lemon)

Originally Posted by XBrooklynX' post='1023345' date='Oct 2 2009, 02:44 PM
Hello fellow BMW lovers, I have been reading the banter over the past week and felt I should inform you guys on a few things.
as I stated in a heated topic earlier this week I am new here (look at the post count whoooo!!!) I have been observing this forum for a few months because I was trying to decide on buying a 750 or 550I to mod after my e39 was stolen, and to be honest I never liked the e60 until I started reading posts from you guys and the way you all embraced each other (with a little ribbing) on how you mod your cars. Comming from every other major BMW forum where some members can be disrespectful to another members choice, e60.net is a breath of fresh air.

I own and operate a non-profit org, where we peer mentor at risk youth thru their love of cars, along with my sponsors in NASCAR, we go to every major city on the NASCAR schd., put on car shows at schools and take the students who improved the most to the racing events during the weekend.
aside from the E39 that was stolen, I own a CLS 55 amg, cadillac escalade EXT, Hybusa and CBR 900......and now because of you guys I am the proud owner of a 2007 550I, that car will not see the light of day until its finished at my guys body shop and a dinan trip at the little garage in Queens.

The reason I mention my cars is because of the E39, that was my baby, I won awards from the Nopi ATL super shows to being #1 in 07 with the NCCA. Using that car had its down falls also, when i would take it on the road and do shows particularly in the south I would be riddiculed for having
AC Schnitzer Parts, (because it was German) mind you my car was parked next to a replica of the general lee, or at other show where "donks" were present. "hey how come you dont have a picture of lucky charms on your car?" "Zimmerman brakes?....next time go to Napa or autozone","your hood is really carbon fiber with candy paint?, they have blue carbon fiber stickers at pep boys!!"

The point i`m trying to make is that I see it all daily, when ppl say they dont like something on my car I really dont care because everything I
own is paid for, I myself smile or say something slick from time to time like when I see fake vents on a Hyundai Sonata but he/she paid for them so
go for it....I just wont park next to them at wal-mart (yes I shop there while in the south, how do you think I afford my cars....lol).
I look at BMW`s as a frat, just like you have Chevy and Ford Guys we are Barvarian guys....when we see another bimmer and its driver we acknowlege him or her and I feel we should do they same here. These days ppl are over sensitive, we have problems all over so its refreshing to go online and and share something with someone miles away or in your own back yard. most of the things said in the past would not have been repeated
face to face, in today world ppl turn on their computer and all of a sudden hair grow from their chest and its time to rumble, just look at any you tube post...so much chest thumping over the internet when he or she really know that they are not built for what they are writing. I grew up In Brownsville
Brooklyn (google it), I have seen it all twice which allows me to have thick skin and to respect others at the same time.

With that being said I really enjoy this forum and lets work together and not against one another, we belong to the best frat (aside from Aston Martin owners....lol) lets all just get along and continue to inspire all BMW owners, I really do believe at least 90% of owners here bought their cars because
they WANTED a bmw, not because thats all they could afford.

Brooklyn.
BAN!! J/K welcome aboard!!
Old 10-02-2009, 04:26 PM
Contributors

My Ride: F90 M5 Singapore Grey Executive package blacked out grill, body matched paint
Model Year: 2019

I too am in the music biz just on the complete opposite side of the spectrum haha, right on w your work w the kids.. I got 2 of em myself!

Skele
Old 10-02-2009, 08:12 PM
Contributors

My Ride: '05 545 Titanium Silver, Black Leather - Nav, Logic 7, Cold weather. Mods: Carbon filter removed. M5 iDrive knob. Umnitza license plate LEDs. MP3 40% 3M tint ACS Anti-Roll(sway) bars RPI Scoop G-tech Pro RR CF Roundels CF Wheel caps

Welcome! I didn't buy an E60 because of the people here but they certainly have made it a big plus to owning one!
Old 10-02-2009, 08:47 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 545i Sport
Model Year: 2004
Engine: N62

It's nice to have you aboard .
Old 10-03-2009, 10:51 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2007 530i. Purchased 6/28/07. Titanium Silver Metallic, Black Dakota Leather, Dark Poplar Trim, Steptronic, Premium Package, Cold Weather Package, Bluetooth, Adaptive Control Xenons. 10/30/07 Added OEM 124s with 245/40/18 & 275/35/18 Michelin Pilot Sport A/S tires. Installed red Cal Covers� from BavAuto. 11/21/07 Added OEM all-weather floor mats (for winter, carpet in summer) and coat rack. 6/26/08 installed M5-style rear spoiler. 6/30/08 put on red reflectors. 8/22/08 Euro turn signal stickers applied. 3/20/09 Installed Shadowline Trim. 3/27/09 Added Matte Black Kidney Grilles from Trinity. 4/03/09 Installed Bimmian Shadow Matte Black 530i Badges. 4/04/09 Installed LED license plate lights from Trinity. 5/01/09 Installed Brabus Interior LED Kit and White Angel Eyes. 5/02/09 Put in Brabus 6K Fogs. 5/14/09 Removed charcoal filter. 5/15/09 Installed light smoke LED side marker lamps from Trinity. 5/21/09 Sprint Booster. 6/12/09 Painted exhaust tips flat black. 6/13/09 Pulled red Cal Covers and painted calipers low gloss black. 6/27/09 RPI Ram Air Scoop from Trinity. 8/15/09 Installed Brabus's silver invisibulbs front and rear. 9/24/09 Installed R-Dash license plate LEDs from Brabaus (John).

Welcome aboard.
Old 10-04-2009, 05:36 AM
Contributors

My Ride: See my signature

to 5series,net.

Your nonprofit sounds terrific.

And of course, Go Brooklyn!

Which Dinan mods are you getting for the 550? Going whole hog and getting the intake, high flow throttle body and Stage 3 ECU reflash? RPI ram air kit in the works?

RPI exhaust in the future? Member Melimel from Staten Island is putting one of those on her 550 and I can't wait to hear.
Old 11-05-2009, 08:03 PM
Members

My Ride: My Bimmer's info is in my sig, so I'll tell you about my garage toy. It's a 1997 Porsche Boxster. The car is black on black and I have replaced every single thing on the car (interior, exterior, drivetrain, suspension) except for the sheet metal and the convertible top (both of which will be next I guess). I love my Pcar more than any other car I have ever owned and will probably keep it for the rest of my life. Porsche. There is no substitute.

Great to have you aboard. I too run a non-profit and have an 07 550i. What a coincidence.

What a great car. I'm really enjoying mine, although I will not do one mod on it and keep it bone stock. I have a highly modded Porsche Boxster that gets all my mod dollars and time.

Attached Thumbnails Beating a dead horse-pca_de.jpg  

Quick Reply: Beating a dead horse