New Member Introductions Please introduce yourself. Everyone here was once new to the 5 Series Forums so don't be shy! Welcome!

Bay Area Dude - e60 545i Sport and Luxo Package

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2010, 10:27 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello All,

New to the e60 scene, but owned bimmer's in the past. Wife and I just picked up a '04 545 (e60) with sport and luxo package. We had to buy a bigger car since we're expecting a baby . My daily driver is a '99 323i (e46) which I drive to the BART (train station). In all honesty, I think I've been hit by the mod-bug. We've had the e60 for less than a month and I want to change a couple things already. Since we're expecting a baby, I'm on a seriously tight-tight budget. Some stuff that I want to get down the road, hopefully in the near future.

1. Wheels: Miro's 167 (A couple months ago Tirerack sold 19" Breyton for $59!!!) Shoot, I missed that deal.

2. M Tech front (perfer the kit)
3. SuperSprint Exhaust
4. HR Spring or Eibach/Koni Shocks

HEY TRINITY AUTOSPORT and UMNITZA...READ A LOT OF GOOD STUFF ABOUT YOU GUYS. HOPE TO DO BUSINESS WITH YOU.

Best Regards,

Chris

Bay Area, CALi - 925
Old 05-29-2010, 05:14 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: E60 M5, F85 X5M

Welcome to the forum Chris. Glad to have another Bay Area member on board. If you need a local shop to do installation work or source parts, check out SonicMS in Mountain View. They've done pretty much all the work on my current M5 as well as my previous 545. Their number is in my signature below. Just ask for Darwin and tell him Tony with the black M5 referred you.
Old 05-29-2010, 11:27 AM
Senior Members

Bay Area guy myself, used to live in San Jose but moved up to Mountain House, near Tracy for more than 2 years already. I've been bitten by a mod bug myself...just picked up an '06 550 couple months ago. It's about time for me to come back to the ultimate driving machine after driving an MDX for more than 5 years. My wife complains that I spend too much time reading this forum and other forums for ideas to waste more money. Still missed my '01 3 328i though but back then had to trade it in for the SUV since we were about to have our first baby. A bit tight on budget right now but definitely looking forward to upgrading the wheels and some exterior work. Not a big fan of the rear bumper on some of the kits I see here so may be I'll just stick with front and side.

Hope to see more E60's people from the Bay Area in here.
Old 05-29-2010, 12:27 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by EuroCarFan
Welcome to the forum Chris. Glad to have another Bay Area member on board. If you need a local shop to do installation work or source parts, check out SonicMS in Mountain View. They've done pretty much all the work on my current M5 as well as my previous 545. Their number is in my signature below. Just ask for Darwin and tell him Tony with the black M5 referred you.

Hi Tony, thanks for the warm welcome. When I do come up with extra funds, I'll get in touch with Darwin. Thanks again for the recommendation. See you around the board.

Enjoy the warm and dry weather...finally some sun!!!

Best, Chris.
Old 05-29-2010, 12:41 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by rctmthouse
Bay Area guy myself, used to live in San Jose but moved up to Mountain House, near Tracy for more than 2 years already. I've been bitten by a mod bug myself...just picked up an '06 550 couple months ago. It's about time for me to come back to the ultimate driving machine after driving an MDX for more than 5 years. My wife complains that I spend too much time reading this forum and other forums for ideas to waste more money. Still missed my '01 3 328i though but back then had to trade it in for the SUV since we were about to have our first baby. A bit tight on budget right now but definitely looking forward to upgrading the wheels and some exterior work. Not a big fan of the rear bumper on some of the kits I see here so may be I'll just stick with front and side.

Hope to see more E60's people from the Bay Area in here.

We're in the same boat my friend...baby on the way. I just realized that I have to buy a car-seat in the upcoming months, ( I wonder if any car-seats come in carbon fiber), haha. Hopefully when I do come up with some extra cash, I'm planning on purchasing new rims/tires. As mentioned, budget is really tight. I would love-love to put on some BBS, HAMANN, or AC's, but that's only a dream. I'm really liking the M6 reps though.

All the best to you and your growing family.

Chris
Old 05-29-2010, 12:45 PM
Contributors

There are lots of Bay Area members on here but not as active as the SoCal group. Add yourself to the list on this link: https://5series.net/forums/topic/581...&#entry1181445

I've organized a few meets in the Bay Area and hope to do another one soon. Last one was actually Memorial Day last year so we're long overdue.

Welcome to the forum!
Old 05-29-2010, 12:50 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by EuroCarFan
There are lots of Bay Area members on here but not as active as the SoCal group. Add yourself to the list on this link: https://5series.net/forums/topic/581...&#entry1181445

I've organized a few meets in the Bay Area and hope to do another one soon. Last one was actually Memorial Day last year so we're long overdue.

Welcome to the forum!

Excellent. I see my name on this list. Glad to be part of the forum.

See you around the Bay.
Old 05-29-2010, 03:21 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by bimmerfamily2010
We're in the same boat my friend...baby on the way. I just realized that I have to buy a car-seat in the upcoming months, ( I wonder if any car-seats come in carbon fiber), haha. Hopefully when I do come up with some extra cash, I'm planning on purchasing new rims/tires. As mentioned, budget is really tight. I would love-love to put on some BBS, HAMANN, or AC's, but that's only a dream. I'm really liking the M6 reps though.

All the best to you and your growing family.

Chris
The best to yours also...

Just found out my wife is pregnant several weeks ago, our 2nd one, so my question to other members here is will I be able to fit 2 car seats and my wife in the back or do I need to start contemplating with the minivan idea which I definitely do not want but even if we do get a van, she'll be driving it.

As for the rims, I'm gonna wait out till my RFTs are worn out, then I'll switch. I was looking at either the M6 reps or the 128 (not sure about the model number but it's the 5 spokes on the 7 series). I like anything that is simple yet elegant.

Richard
Old 05-29-2010, 04:12 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: Late 2005 M5 in Silverstone Metallic II with Full Black Leather Interior. SMG, LOGIC7, Heated Front Seats, Rear Electric Sun Blind, Comms Package, Professional Nav, TV Function, Extended Voice Control, Adaptive Headlights

Welcome to the site bro!
Old 05-29-2010, 05:56 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by rctmthouse
The best to yours also...

Just found out my wife is pregnant several weeks ago, our 2nd one, so my question to other members here is will I be able to fit 2 car seats and my wife in the back or do I need to start contemplating with the minivan idea which I definitely do not want but even if we do get a van, she'll be driving it.

As for the rims, I'm gonna wait out till my RFTs are worn out, then I'll switch. I was looking at either the M6 reps or the 128 (not sure about the model number but it's the 5 spokes on the 7 series). I like anything that is simple yet elegant.

Richard
The rear seats actually have latch points for three car seats but it'll be a bit cramped. I think you can put one on each side but not one on the side and one in the middle. Not 100% sure.

Coincidentally, I have one son (he's now 5) and we also have an MDX. I put his car seat in the middle to minimize injuries from broadside collissions.

On the wheels, I like them both and those two as well as the 166s (M5 wheels) are popular OEM alternatives for the E60. Just make sure if you get reps, that you can validate they have good hubcentric fitment as some others have had bad experiences with lower quality imitations in the past. One obvious way to also save money is to wait for a used set for sale; here or on M5board.com.

Quick Reply: Bay Area Dude - e60 545i Sport and Luxo Package