New Member Introductions Please introduce yourself. Everyone here was once new to the 5 Series Forums so don't be shy! Welcome!

Back to BMW (At Last!!)

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2008, 07:57 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 04 525i Black/Black Sport, Prem, Auto

Hi everybody! I'm new to the forums here, came from e46 fanatics (03 330xi) traded it in 9 months ago for an Audi A4 vert (I'll never buy another Audi), and just traded that in for a black Sport and Premium '04 525i. I know I've only had it for 6 hours but I love it! So now the next inevitible stap is getting into upgrades. I don't really care about going fast (I bought a 25) but am interested it suspension, wheels, tires, and styling. Any ideas? Thanks!
Old 12-28-2008, 08:01 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

First off to the forum and back to the BMW family

Browse the private and classified section as there are a lot of end of year sales going right now

M-tech Kit would be a good place to start for exterior looks. Wheels: do some research as there are so many choices (19" or 20", OEM vs Aftermarket, 1,2,or 3 piece wheels...etc). The upper right search bar is a useful tool when researching mods. Also, post your location when you get the chance as members local to you can recc vendors close to you

the parts, mods, and accessory section is another good place to get ideas...also the member galleries section

GL and happy motoring & mod'n

Gene
Old 12-28-2008, 08:35 PM
Former Vendor

My Ride: F13 M6

welcome and enjoy the forums. I can help with your mod bug
Old 12-28-2008, 08:42 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Silverstone II E60 M5 2012 E70 AW X5 50i Sport w/ LCI Aero Kit and Rocker Panels

Originally Posted by justinpba' post='754674' date='Dec 28 2008, 11:57 PM
Hi everybody! I'm new to the forums here, came from e46 fanatics (03 330xi) traded it in 9 months ago for an Audi A4 vert (I'll never buy another Audi), and just traded that in for a black Sport and Premium '04 525i. I know I've only had it for 6 hours but I love it! So now the next inevitible stap is getting into upgrades. I don't really care about going fast (I bought a 25) but am interested it suspension, wheels, tires, and styling. Any ideas? Thanks!
Talk to the guys at Trinity Autosport (member r1racer (Joe): President or member nerweezy (Nerwyll): Vice President). They are the #1 preferred E60 vendor on this site. They will take very good care of you and make your car look amazing!

Congrats and welcome to the E60 family.
Old 12-28-2008, 08:49 PM
Former Vendor

thanks C
Old 12-28-2008, 09:15 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2009 Alpine White e92 M3

to the forum, glad to hear you've found your way back home.
Old 12-28-2008, 09:23 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 08 535i, Platinum Gray, Sport Pkg

Nerweezy's the man!!
Old 12-28-2008, 10:03 PM
Contributors

I just bought the same car as you a few weeks ago. This site proved to be both amazingly informative and insanely inspiring.

Definitely check out Trinity - if you are in SoCal, even better because they are local and very helpful.

If styling is your game they have a sale going on right now for the M-Tech body kit, very reasonably priced for what you get. Do the angel eye upgrade right away, it changes the light from that pale yellow color to a nice subtle white/blue color that compliments the car and the HID headlights perfectly. I am still waiting for them to call me so I can get my LED license lights installed (HINT HINT , but from what i have read and seen, this is another 'must-do'.

Have fun with your car, maintain it rigorously and don't be shy to ask questions on this site. I have found this group to be friendly and informative, even if you ask a question that has been covered a million times. But do try the search button first, I am trying to learn this lesson myself. It seems like no matter how obscure the problem/question, someone has already been through it in the 5 years since this model has been on the road.

Just try not to let all the things your car may not have, but can technically be retrofitted get you carried away. You can spend a lot of money very quickly on this car. If you ever go to a parts retailer, always bring a few hundred more dollars than you initially anticipate spending, haha.
Old 12-28-2008, 10:10 PM
Members

My Ride: 04 525i Black/Black Sport, Prem, Auto

Thanks guys! I don't know how to add it to my sidebar here but I'm from Norcal (SF bay area). As far as wheels go I like hyper black but have no idea what size to run on a 5 series. What's the etiquette (sp?) on putting an M-tech kit on a 525i, as I don't want to anger the die-hards. Also, what are the most bang-for-buck upgrades for the e60. Thanks for the help!
Old 12-28-2008, 11:04 PM
Former Vendor

most members have gone with the mtech kit no worries. its the most popular body kit upgrade for the e60. for wheels, usually members have upgraded to 19s or 20s and most would recommend not to go beyond 20"

btw thanks guys for the kind words

Quick Reply: Back to BMW (At Last!!)