New Member Introductions Please introduce yourself. Everyone here was once new to the 5 Series Forums so don't be shy! Welcome!

535xit in SE PA

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2016, 06:42 AM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 09 535xit
Default 535xit in SE PA

Hi all,

Just got a new to me 09 535xit. I always find the forums for my cars and of course found you all. I don't have many plans for now. Just getting PA inspected, need some front struts so I am putting in the Bilstein B6 in the front. I installed my amp and sub this past weekend, and I just got a sirius module. Once installed I'm hoping it does not need coded or else I need to find someone to help with that. The only other thing is my AUX input does not work.

So. Hope to chat with some of you soon.

Michael
Old 11-17-2016, 07:27 AM
New Members

My Ride: BMW 700 and More!

Welcome to 5 Series, Michael. Congratulations on the purchase. The B6 struts/shocks are a great choice for replacement. Check out what we may offer pricing wise on them HERE. I'd also recommend replacing your strut/shock mounts as well so that you don't have to replace them after you've already removed all the components to get to them. Lemforder is a great brand to go with. Let me know if you have any questions.
Old 11-17-2016, 09:17 AM
New Members

Default Shocked

Excellent targeted advertising, especially putting the link in there for me. I did find the same part number at a competitor for $50 less each, or $100 savings overall.
Old 11-17-2016, 09:22 AM
New Members

My Ride: BMW 700 and More!

We are actually a sponsor of this forum. Nothing targeted about it as we love helping all 5 series forum members whenever we can. We don't offer just parts, but we also offer DIY tech help. So if you're planning to tackle this suspension job yourself I'd recommend taking a look at our tech article below. It might be useful to you. Again, we are here to help if you ever need anything.

BMW 5-Series E60 (2004-2010) Technical Articles - Pelican Parts
Old 11-17-2016, 09:41 AM
New Members

Thank you. I spoke about targeted advertising as a compliment. Sorry if it sounded like a dig. Struts are done. Easy job. I've shopped with pelican for several of my cars. Thank you.