Meet & Greet Discussion Plan for and discuss meet and greets with fellow forum members along with other BMW events. Share the results too!

Timmayfest : a nation wide BMW meet in Columbus OH, May 21,22,23 2010

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2010, 03:41 PM
New Members

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: E39 M5
Model Year: 2003

I, along with help from other members on the M5board, plan on putting together a North American meet May 21, 22, and 23, 2010 in Columbus Ohio. So far we have cars coming from states as far as California, Florida, NY, and even a few guys from Vancouver, Canada....

Original thread...

http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/usa...1-22-23-a.html

Almost against my will, we have dubbed it "Timmayfest".

My goal is to have a record setting gathering of M5's. (aside form Mfest) But of course, all makes and models of BMW's are invited to attend. The point of this meet is not only to drool over all of the fine automobiles there, but to finally meet the people behind the screen names. I have put together many local events, I just thought it would be fun to have a meet where EVERYONE could attend: USA, Mexico, Canada, even Europe if those guys feel like flying over the pond.

Aside from collecting donations to help fund this event, which is COMPLETELY non profit, I am trying to raise money to donate to The Make-A-Wish Foundation(tm). Any funds left over from this event will be donated, along with anything we can raise. I will post all financial information in the original thread on the M5board.com during/after the meet so it is clear where all of the money was used. The vendor who is bringing the dyno (more info below) has graciously offered to raffle off a custom dyno tune and donate all of the proceeds to Make-A-Wish.

Donations for the meet and to The Make-A-Wish Foundation(tm) can be made to the following paypal address:

Timmayfest@yahoo.com

This is the plan so far for the weekend:

Dates:
May 21, 22, and 23, 2010

Friday 5/21 -
"Meet and Greet" dinner at Dave and Buster's, 7pm.

Dave and Buster's
3665 Park Mill Run Drive
Hilliard, OH 43026
(614) 771-1515

Saturday 5/22 -

Quaker Streak and Lube
8500 Lyra Drive
Columbus, OH 43240
614-430-9464

Meet will start around 12pm. I have scheduled a DJ for some tunes. We can oogle over cars, chat, and talk shop all day. There will also be a vendor there who is bringing a mobile dyno and will be doing custom dyno tuning on cars starting at 11am. Please contact me privately for more information. I have also lined up a mobile detailer for car washes and what not. This saves the out of town guys from searching for a car wash.

A few of us plan on gathering at a "gentleman's club" if anyone is interested in joining us. Please contact me privately for more information. I can also offer suggestions for places to go for those looking for a more relaxing evening.

Sunday 5/23 -
The dyno tunes will continue in the morning at 11am, and throughout the day. For those that are still around, we will be back at the venue to hang out and visit some more, before bidding our traveling friends farewell.

- btmlinedan, a member on the board, is an AMAZING photographer. He has offered to take some quick photo shots for people given we can find a nice backdrop close to the venue. I will be getting with Dan to schedule people, or come up with an order to get this done. THANKS DAN!!

- I have some small banner type stickers made "Timmayfest 2010" for anyone who wants them. They cost $3 each to make, so I will be charging $7 (mailed to your door), all profits will be donated to the charity.

- havasusteve03beast is working on getting some T-shirts made, awaiting some prototypes. THANKS STEVE! He is currently quoting a price of $13-15 per shirt.

- I will personally arrange transport if needed for those who wish to fly into Columbus, CMH, to be sure no one is left out. I am sure getting a ride to/from the event won't be an issue as long as they stay at one of the hotels listed below.

- Caravans are highly recommended. I did this last year when heading to Atlanta for 4ngiefest. The caravan was almost as much fun as the meet.

- Marcus, (m5moving) has invited a few MB AMG's to come to help with the costs of getting the moblie dyno guy there. He wouldn't come unless he had some PAID dyno tunes. Marcus arranged more than enough to have them show up, so it is a plus for us. Again, please contact me if you are interested in getting a dyno tune. I can give you more info offline.

HOTEL INFORMATION:

Candlewood
8515 Lyra Dr.
Columbus, OH 43240
1-800-950-0424
1 bed suite - $99
Candlewood Suites COLUMBUS Hotels | POLARIS | Welcome

Comfort Inn North/Polaris
8400 Lyra Dr.
Columbus, OH 43240
614-791-9700
1 King - $110
Comfort Inn North Polaris (Columbus, OH) - Hotel Reviews - TripAdvisor

Extended Stay Deluxe
8555 Lyra De.
Columbus, OH 43240
614-431-5522
2 Full - $70
Extended Stay Hotels - Columbus, OH Hotel

Hilton Garden Inn
8535 Lyra Dr.
Columbus, OH 43240
1 King - $109
1 King w/whirlpool - $159
Columbus Hotels - Hilton Garden Inn Columbus / Polaris Hotel, OH - Ohio

Hilton
8700 Lyra Dr.
Columbus, OH 43240
614-885-1600
1 King - $159
1 King w/Parlor - $199
Columbus Ohio Hotels - Hilton Columbus Polaris Hotel, OH

For those of you bringing your lady friends, check out these 2 websites. They are EXCELLENT shopping centers within a few minutes of the hotels listed above. That is if they are in to that sort of thing.....

Welcome to Easton Town Center in Columbus, Ohio

Welcome to Polaris Fashion Place

We will be raffling off items donated by our sponsors at 4pm.

PLEASE drop me a note at TIMMAYFEST@YAHOO.COM if you have some info/help/ideas.
Old 02-14-2010, 11:53 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: Alpine White 2006 530Xi (SLD)

Anyone in from "our" forum? I'd take the drive there, but alone - iono maybe...
Old 02-14-2010, 11:55 PM
New Members

Originally Posted by v_therussian
Anyone in from "our" forum? I'd take the drive there, but alone - iono maybe...
Where are you coming from? NY? We have a LOT of people coming from other states.....
Old 02-14-2010, 11:58 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by timmay77
Where are you coming from? NY? We have a LOT of people coming from other states.....
Yep, N to the Y gotta see - just might make it

Would help if you posted a roll call.

How's the situation with LE over there? Any unnecessary sh!t going down or is it a pretty much meet-friendly community?
Old 02-15-2010, 12:17 AM
New Members

A few of the guys coming are local badges, so they have asked the brass to lay off for the weekend. Not saying you can break the law, but they will look the other way for dark tint, no front plates, blah, blah, blah....

Roll call? I can list names of people on other forums, but that won't help you much.

So far we have:

30+ E39 M5's
Only a few E60 M5's
Only a few E60's
20+ E46's
Some E30's, E36's and I think some E63's.
10+ E55/E63 AMG's
Other assorted Exotics

There is a caravan coming from NYC for the M5board. If you are interested in hooking up with them, let me know.
Old 02-15-2010, 12:22 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by timmay77
A few of the guys coming are local badges, so they have asked the brass to lay off for the weekend. Not saying you can break the law, but they will look the other way for dark tint, no front plates, blah, blah, blah....

Roll call? I can list names of people on other forums, but that won't help you much.

So far we have:

30+ E39 M5's
Only a few E60 M5's
Only a few E60's
20+ E46's
Some E30's, E36's and I think some E63's.
10+ E55/E63 AMG's
Other assorted Exotics

There is a caravan coming from NYC for the M5board. If you are interested in hooking up with them, let me know.
I'm not the type to do anything outside of the law, but I just don't wanna go all the way there to get harassed by some rookie with a hard on for out of state plates on a bimmer, ya know... anyway, sounds like you've got it covered

As for the roll call, we have a few people on here who are also on M5board, so might help a bit. But the numbers you posted are pretty impressive too.
Old 02-15-2010, 12:25 AM
New Members

Thanks....

Not a lot of E60 guys have committed, I would like to see more. The only one from the board I can think of off the top of my head is "ideliver". I'll check and post up what I can. I'm hoping to recruit some from here, obviously. I LOVE the E60.....
Old 02-15-2010, 04:24 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011 550i AW - every option

I might do this, if i remember. I'm only a few hours away.
Old 02-15-2010, 10:54 AM
New Members

Originally Posted by za3879
I might do this, if i remember. I'm only a few hours away.

Cool! There are several cars coming down from Detroit also. If you want to caravan with them, I can put you in touch with those people.....
Old 02-15-2010, 02:33 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 BMW 550i 2006 BMW X3

I could be a maybe. Either in a 550i or a Z4 35i. I have family in Wheeling, WV so I may make a week out of it.

Quick Reply: Timmayfest : a nation wide BMW meet in Columbus OH, May 21,22,23 2010