Meet & Greet Discussion Plan for and discuss meet and greets with fellow forum members along with other BMW events. Share the results too!

Southern California Meet and Greet

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2004 | 12:09 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 545i SMG. Titanium Grey with Grey interior and Anthracite wood.
I have set up a event registration for the Southern California Meeting schedule in Malibu on Dec. 5th.

To be included on the registration I need an e-mail address to send an invitation. I didn't want to leave this event open to the public. I think anyone who is interested in the E60 or has one should go.

Once you have been invited and sent an invitation, you will be able to send additional invites out to other people.

The benifit of this evite is that the whole group can be e-mailed information at one time and future event can be planned.

If you are interested in attending, you don't need to register, it is only for fun and future meets.

Southern California Evite web page

This is a link to the web page for the evite. You might need to register to Evite to view the page.

I am new to this evite stuff, so please be patient. If anyone has any suggestions, please let me know.
Old 10-22-2004 | 02:44 PM
Senior Members

Evite's Privacy Document-not very private.

3. Your Personally Identifiable Information Collected by Evite's Business Partners:

Evite works with third-party advertising companies, sponsors and other companies with whom we do business ("Business Partners") to place advertising on our site and in email communications sent to our registered users and to recipients of invitations, Reminders, and other communications related to the Evite service. Information about your visit to this site, such as number of times you have viewed an ad, may be used to serve advertising to you on this site.

Evite may correlate or match registered Users' information, including Personally Identifiable Information, with information held by our Business Partners to target ads or otherwise improve the effectiveness of our service.

****Our Business Partners may read or set cookies on your hard drive, use pixel tags, track which ads you have viewed, or collect other information about you.

From time to time, Evite may also have special offers or promotions that are sponsored by a Business Partner. In order to participate in these offers, you may be required to follow a separate registration process. If you consent to receive information from a Business Partner, through an opt-in or opt-out process, Evite may pass your information to such Business Partner.
Old 10-22-2004 | 08:01 PM
Contributors

Thanks for the info Jimbo, good catch. Should I cancel the Evite?
Old 10-23-2004 | 01:07 AM
Contributors

My Ride: -SOLD- 530i Alpine White. Sport package, comfort seat package, premium sound package, power rear shade, premium package, rear red reflectors, and adaptive headlights with xenon’s

Originally Posted by bmwin14rsm' date='Oct 22 2004, 09:01 PM
Thanks for the info Jimbo, good catch.? Should I cancel the Evite?
[snapback]48173[/snapback]

I think so...............but that is my opinion.

Central Cali
Old 10-23-2004 | 12:07 PM
Senior Members

How about setting up a PM that goes to all interested? Or can we email you direct and then you can send a group email using the BCC.
Old 10-23-2004 | 12:41 PM
Senior Members

I checked out Yahoo Groups and they have a better privacy policy but it's similar.

I think just a basic email group would work since we don't have that many people involved.
Old 10-23-2004 | 12:43 PM
Contributors

Instead of using evite. I now have created a Yahoo Group for California E60 owners.

California E60 Group

This could be more secure than using Evite and sending notices to other can be done through this group.
Old 10-23-2004 | 12:57 PM
Contributors

A yahoo group is nice and all, but for the meet, I think a forum thread would suffice. We could post the meet on other forums and link it to the original thread.

I think the most important part is just getting the word out so we can guarantee a good showing. I'm guessing a third or so who say they will show up will end up being no shows.
Old 10-23-2004 | 01:40 PM
Senior Members

I joined the Yahoo group but since I already have an Yahoo ID, I used it.
It's easy to send group emails with the group.
Old 10-23-2004 | 05:07 PM
Members

I also joined the Yahoo e60 group, but because I already have a Yahoo ID my e60.net name is not visible there.