Meet & Greet Discussion Plan for and discuss meet and greets with fellow forum members along with other BMW events. Share the results too!

Santa Pod 11th June

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2005, 03:00 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 535d Sport in Carbon Black / high gloss shadow line and beige leather / dark poplar with professional nav, bluetooth phone prep, CD changer, bi-xenon adaptive headlamps, servotronic steering, folding mirrors, heated comfort seats, TV, extended voice control and Logic 7 hifi.

Great Andrew - see you there - maybe we can arrange to meet en-route nearer the date.

Just need a 545i now - they seem sooooo reluctant!
Old 05-25-2005, 05:55 AM
GPS
Contributors

they must be scared, the sissies!
Old 06-05-2005, 11:20 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 535d Sport in Carbon Black / high gloss shadow line and beige leather / dark poplar with professional nav, bluetooth phone prep, CD changer, bi-xenon adaptive headlamps, servotronic steering, folding mirrors, heated comfort seats, TV, extended voice control and Logic 7 hifi.

So, less than a week to go and still no 545i drivers?
Old 06-09-2005, 11:28 AM
Senior Members

So, to confirm then SG and Bangle, are you still up for this? If so, perhaps you could PM me a way of contacting you directly to finalise arangement?
Old 06-09-2005, 11:47 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by clived' date='Jun 9 2005, 08:28 PM
So, to confirm then SG and Bangle, are you still up for this? If so, perhaps you could PM me a way of contacting you directly to finalise arangement?
[snapback]137976[/snapback]
Unfortunately not Long story, but I managed to rip my front bumper half off

Parked in a multistorey car park, drove into the space, went shopping. Came back out, put the car in reverse, hit the accelerator, and all I heard was this plastic scraping sound and then bang! Jumped out of the car to see what had happened.

At the end of the space was a concrete wall - fine, the front sensors made sure I didn't hit it when I first pulled into the space. However what I hadn't seen was a raised kerbstone, about 1/2 metre from the wall into the parking space. Now I could understand it if this kerbstone was placed so the wheels would hit it to stop you hitting the wall. However, it was only about a metre long, and it was directly in the centre of the space!!! The two front wheels went either side of the kerb! So I'd driven over the kerb, and when I reversed the bottom of the bumper caught and ripped the drivers side off

It doesn't look badly damaged bar a few clips broken and so on, but I need to get the car to the garage to be fitted properly back on. So I'm going to have to give Sat a miss, sorry! :'(
Old 06-09-2005, 11:11 PM
Senior Members

Ouch! I've done something similar in the past (not in the 5 luckily!) so I know how annyoing it is!

Bangle?
Old 06-10-2005, 09:43 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: E60 530d Sport - Carbon Black, Black Dakota Leather, Media Pack (satnav, bluetooth, CD changer), heated font seats, through load

Sorry, haven't forgotten. Will have to work tomorrow. Need to check on times, and the weather. Thinking about getting there early, get a few runs in, and then off to work.

If it looks like being damp/wet, then it's probably not work it.

What time are you thinking of going? What time do the start?
Old 06-10-2005, 01:24 PM
Senior Members

I'll be there for 9 and away whenever they break for lunch - 12:30 or 1pm, can't remember - so our timings should match up :-)

I have a friend coming in his 745iL too as we didn't get any 545i takers...

I'll PM you my mobile number
Old 06-11-2005, 02:25 PM
Senior Members

Old 06-11-2005, 03:13 PM
Senior Members

very nice ! but we all want more pics .

Quick Reply: Santa Pod 11th June