Meet & Greet Discussion Plan for and discuss meet and greets with fellow forum members along with other BMW events. Share the results too!

Ride and drive

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2005, 12:34 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: Numero Uno in Richmond Va 04 530 6 speed, jet black, black dakota leather, xenons, red rear reflectors, 545 front grill, cold weather package, premium package, staggered 19 inch BBS rxII/michelins, H&R coilovers and intergrated, R1 concept drilled an
Model Year: 2004
Engine: 530i

I just got home from the ride and drive and it was a great event. It was the first time that i have done this and it was thourouly enjoyed, the course was 17 miles long and i drove a total of 5 cars all of which were 04's

I drove a 545i which out of all was the most amazing drive that i have ever had you 545 owners are a lucky breed.

I also drove the a 645i fully loaded this thing was sweet also

I also drove a x5 4.4is this SAV was most rememberable because of the size and outright power really fast quite and roomy.

I also drove the 330ci with the sport m package, this thing was a slot car on wheels
i loved the sueade steering wheel and firm seats and it handled like it was on a slot car track in my kids room.

But all in all the 545i was a beast i had it up to 125 in a split second it seamed like, it handled really good and the active steering was not even a quible in the learning curve with this much power damn the 550 has gota be a monster and the m5 well that is another story all in itself. However i do whish that they had manuals all were steps and none of them seemed to have the latest software update there was some noticeable idle roughness, kindof on or off throttle reponse and the Hud was also great at how it was placed just in the right place.

As for my car going from 13.2 to 16.2 its still there they have it on the computer as i type the mechanic stated that he had to order another module ( i started smiling , but it was for not it was not the tcu) he replaced the lighting module i still i hopes if this install does not go through all the way if not well then it'll have to wait till i get my m5 lol. Again it was for a great cause thanks BMW NA for the experience and i cant wait till next year.