Meet & Greet Discussion Plan for and discuss meet and greets with fellow forum members along with other BMW events. Share the results too!

Proposed LA-Orange county Car show / runway racing

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2010, 07:34 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2004 jet black 530I, M-tech body kit, ac shnitzer roof and trunk spoiler. kelleners sport exhaust and pully kit on its way from germany.
Red face

Hey everyone, I am the Toys for Tots Coordinator for southern Los Angeles/northern Orange County. I have also been a member of this site for three years now. I would like to know if anyone is interested in a car show/race event on a runway, where we can test our cars at high speeds without any legal ramifications. Everyone who would like to attend or run their cars on the two runways may give a donation to the Toys for Tots program. The event will be held in Los Alamitos, on a military base. I already have it approved, I just need to know if there are enough people who are willing to come out and participate. I would also like to know if there are any shops in the LA or Orange county area that would want to have a booth there. Once again, I am just curious to know if anyone would be interested. The base has already held an event like this before with Super Cars Exposed so they are willing to work with any request I can come up with. All proceeds will go straight to the Toys for Tots program. Please send any feedback or suggestions.
Old 05-04-2010, 07:45 PM
Contributors

My Ride: '10 Switzer "Ultimate Street Edition" GT-R

I'm sure you will get a lot of people willing to test their car on a runway at high speeds! I'm interested depending on when it would be!
Old 05-04-2010, 08:26 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 jet black 530I, M-tech body kit, ac shnitzer roof and trunk spoiler. kelleners sport exhaust and pully kit on its way from germany.

Originally Posted by skeeter
I'm sure you will get a lot of people willing to test their car on a runway at high speeds! I'm interested depending on when it would be!

Thanks... I am able to do it any time just not in the month of October the City of Los Alamitos has there own car show on the base that month.... If it works out i see it happening more.
Old 05-04-2010, 08:33 PM
Contributors

I am definitely interested. July, august or September would be cool
let's get a date set and the ball rolling! I know a few shops that might be interested.
You might want to go to mfestforum.com and get more socal mbers involved.
Old 05-04-2010, 08:37 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by dbae1978
I am definitely interested. July, august or September would be cool
let's get a date set and the ball rolling! I know a few shops that might be interested.
You might want to go to mfestforum.com and get more socal mbers involved.
I was thinking a weekend in September when the heat starts to go down. I will for sure look into MFEST, you will be seeing a post over there tomorrow........
Old 05-04-2010, 08:44 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

have you contacted the local so cal performance shops and vendors..

I know you'll get a huge turnout if you invite e90post and 1addicts members as well.....might want to post there also

GL with this event
Old 05-04-2010, 08:57 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by GENEaTALS
have you contacted the local so cal performance shops and vendors..

I know you'll get a huge turnout if you invite e90post and 1addicts members as well.....might want to post there also

GL with this event
anyone is invited, it is for a good cause....and we get to push our cars to the limit.....
Old 05-05-2010, 08:31 AM
Contributors

Just posted the same info on MFESTforums.com
Old 05-05-2010, 08:37 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

I think it's a great idea for a very worthy cause - I'd be down
Old 05-05-2010, 08:44 AM
Senior Members

I am in.

Quick Reply: Proposed LA-Orange county Car show / runway racing