Meet & Greet Discussion Plan for and discuss meet and greets with fellow forum members along with other BMW events. Share the results too!

Moving to L.A. from Australia

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2013, 02:28 AM
wtf
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60 530i Daily Porsche 986S Convertible Weekend
Cool Moving to L.A. from Australia

Hey guys,

I am moving over to LA next week, from Australia... Well I am still going to be back and forth a lot, but I am working on projects in both countries, so I needed a home base there

I have an apartment sorted in West Hollywood area, but I dont know a single person in all of USA, so I am hoping to make contact with some people so as to not be completely in the dark when I get there

I am a car nut (I have a BMW M5 V10, Porsche Boxster S, turbocharged FR-S, and a few other cars over here in oz), so was hoping to get the low down on where to go for car meets, check out some work shops and so forth.

I am going to be looking into buying a car as soon as I land, currently have my eye on a nice M6 over in Orange county, but I have heard the dealers over there can be sharks (same as anywhere I guess), so I was hoping to get some inside info to make sure I don't get burned.. If anyone can suggest a place to buy a car, or where to specifically avoid, I am all ears

Would love to meet some peoples and get to know the scene there too, so if anyone wants to hit me up on here just PM me and can chat

Hope it's not as scary as the news makes it seem, with gun wielding maniacs everywhere (JK!)
Old 03-22-2013, 06:54 AM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

good luck and congats with the move...there's a god number of meets in west la and cruises along the beach (PCH) and local canyons..

a long running car meet with a good mix of classics and exotics is super car sunday in woodland hills..about 20 or 30 minutes from where you'll be staying....metts every sunday but every last sunday of the month is the biggest turnout, they tend to have a theme or marquee day for those meets...

here's their website so you can see the schedule and announcements for their meets

SuperCarSunday.com

(looks like april 7th is porsche day)

I'm not sure if Mfest still has their weekly west LA meets as well, but that might be another one to google...
Old 03-22-2013, 07:21 AM
wtf
Members

My Ride: BMW E60 530i Daily Porsche 986S Convertible Weekend

Originally Posted by Gene
good luck and congats with the move...there's a god number of meets in west la and cruises along the beach (PCH) and local canyons..

a long running car meet with a good mix of classics and exotics is super car sunday in woodland hills..about 20 or 30 minutes from where you'll be staying....metts every sunday but every last sunday of the month is the biggest turnout, they tend to have a theme or marquee day for those meets...

here's their website so you can see the schedule and announcements for their meets

SuperCarSunday.com

(looks like april 7th is porsche day)

I'm not sure if Mfest still has their weekly west LA meets as well, but that might be another one to google...

Thanks mate I really appreciate that! I will definitely be checking that out

Hope it's a good way to meet some new peoples
Old 03-22-2013, 07:23 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2009 Alpine White e92 M3

cars and coffee every Saturday morning down in Irvine, check out Meet and Greet section of Mfest forum, there's a bunch of car meets there through out the week.
Old 03-22-2013, 07:41 AM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

Originally Posted by radzM
cars and coffee every Saturday morning down in Irvine, check out Meet and Greet section of Mfest forum, there's a bunch of car meets there through out the week.
forgot to mention CC-irvine...

Cars and Coffee™ Irvine