Meet & Greet Discussion Plan for and discuss meet and greets with fellow forum members along with other BMW events. Share the results too!

Meeting in So Cal confirmation

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2004, 08:49 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My 545i, which arrived in Port Hueneme on Nov 15 has been sitting at the VPC ever since. While it originally appeared the car was going to be in my possession in plenty of time for the meet, it will now not arrive at the dealer until Saturday 12/4. (Something about reprogramming the TME....) So I won't take possession until probably M or T, after the meet! I guess I'll have to wait for the next one. Have fun....
Old 12-01-2004, 01:44 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by bmwin14rsm' date='Dec 1 2004, 05:54 AM
I can PM the route to anyone who needs it.? Let me know by e-mail or PM and I will send it to you.

mc
[snapback]62901[/snapback]
Are we taking the route that was sent through the PM or are we taking the route that blackonblack took a dry run with?

I prefer blackonblack's route myself. It's a bit shorter and doesn't involve stunt, but it's plenty long with some real great twisties.
Old 12-01-2004, 02:42 PM
Contributors

My Ride: -SOLD- 530i Alpine White. Sport package, comfort seat package, premium sound package, power rear shade, premium package, rear red reflectors, and adaptive headlights with xenon’s

:'( I see that there could be rain on Sunday. :'(

That would suck

http://www.srh.noaa.gov/data/forecasts/CAZ...037&city=Malibu

Central Cali
Old 12-01-2004, 03:02 PM
Contributors

That would suck. Sunny the whole week, then rain on sunday.

Is this still on if it rains?
Old 12-01-2004, 03:23 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 545i SMG. Titanium Grey with Grey interior and Anthracite wood.

Originally Posted by heezy545i' date='Dec 1 2004, 04:44 PM
[quote name='bmwin14rsm' date='Dec 1 2004, 05:54 AM']I can PM the route to anyone who needs it.? Let me know by e-mail or PM and I will send it to you.

mc
[snapback]62901[/snapback]
Are we taking the route that was sent through the PM or are we taking the route that blackonblack took a dry run with?

I prefer blackonblack's route myself. It's a bit shorter and doesn't involve stunt, but it's plenty long with some real great twisties.
[snapback]63116[/snapback]
[/quote]

Good catch. I would also prefer blackonblack's route. I forgot.

If their is a possability of rain, is it too late to move it to Saturday. I would still be able to go.
mc
Old 12-01-2004, 04:46 PM
Senior Members

It seems like it's too late to change it to Saturday. Just my .02. I don't know yet if I can make it on Saturday.

Anyone know why the M3 event was cancelled?

We can reschedule for January. No guarantee of no rain though.
Old 12-01-2004, 04:57 PM
Senior Members

Rain is predicted to hit Sunday morning and continuing/decreasing through Monday morning.
Old 12-01-2004, 05:21 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

What Luck Rain... BLAH!
Old 12-01-2004, 05:55 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 545i SMG. Titanium Grey with Grey interior and Anthracite wood.

I say we still go. We might have to go slower, but it would still be fun to get the cars out and meet new people.
Old 12-02-2004, 12:00 AM
Contributors

Hi All,

I say we go for it! We've cancelled once before. The weather won't get any better until spring. I suggest that if it is raining hard, and we have a group still willing to go, we can at least drive north on the coast which still has some nice winding roads. I've been through the canyons during the rains...there tends to be more rock slides. Even if little ones, I don't want to risk anyone having an accident from rocks on the road or rocks falling. (On my last run there was a downed electrical pole due to the last rains and just one area with rock debris on the road. I had also previously suggested that on the way back from our drive, we could stop at the Starbucks on PCH...for restrooms and/or coffee. If people are hungry, they also have sandwiches...and we can continue the E60 conversation. If it is raining real hard we can find an empty, covered parking lot in which to meet. Personally, I only know of available lots in Santa Monica. However, I can scout out some lots closer to the original meeting place. Why don't we just all keep watching this board and thread and maybe make a final head count by doing an on-line confirmation check-in on Saturday? (I also need to know how many are coming because I was going to pick up doughnuts or pastries &/or bagels for everyone.)

Quick Reply: Meeting in So Cal confirmation