Meet & Greet Discussion Plan for and discuss meet and greets with fellow forum members along with other BMW events. Share the results too!

I'm off to London, Munich, and Berlin....

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2005 | 04:26 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Hobi' date='Aug 2 2005, 02:01 AM
[quote name='rodybmw' date='Aug 1 2005, 10:35 PM']Hey guys.........I'm in London and have had only 2 hours of sleep in the past 32 hours......so I have not contacted Hobi yet.? I will try tomorrow.?

I bought a used M5 steering wheel that came with the paddles on eBay (thanks to Kigerka) for around 270 Euro including shipping, but if I remember correctly the paddles alone cost in the mid 200 Euros or so.
[snapback]155173[/snapback]

Waiting for the "bring-bring, bring-bring" sound............
[snapback]155298[/snapback]
[/quote]

It was nice talking to you yesterday on the phone..............I will see you on Friday.
Old 08-06-2005 | 12:39 AM
Contributors

Have a safe trip. Just got back into town last night.
Old 08-21-2005 | 12:07 AM
Contributors

I'm back from my trip to London and Munich (did not make it to Berlin). Actually I have been back for a week now, but haven't had much time to update this thread. I spent the first week working in London and met with Hobi on my last day in London. What a genuinly nice and classy person he is. He drove to London on a Friday afternoon and was stuck in traffic for a couple of hours. He picked me up and we had lunch and talked for a couple of hours about our cars and work. He is a very interesting and multi-talented person and I enjoyed my conversation with him. He then gave me all the SMG wiring adapters that I need and exchanged my SMG paddles with a set of modified ones. Thanks again for everything Tim......and hopefully we can meet again when you come to LA.

The next day I flew to Munich and went to BMW Niederlassung to pick up some parts that I had pre-ordered as well as make a final decision on which Aluminum trim I wanted to get. I had ordered a pre-painted M5 trunk finisher a couple of weeks before going on my trip and it was ready when I got there. I had also asked my contact there to order the center console trim in both ALU Feinschliff and ALU Shadow so that I could look at them side by side and make a decision on which one to get. I will write more about the trims in the ALU trim thread that I started a while back and I will post the link here for those who are interested. I also bought the M5 SMG shifter knob and the surrounding trim plate with the four buttons. I intend to use the buttons as parallel buttons for certain functions in the car.........I will post more on this when I actually do the install (which may not be for a while).

I had a good shopping trip in Munich, both for my car and for my wife and kids. However, I don't think I will do it again without the family. Once my work in London was done the rest of the trip was pretty boring without my family there.
Old 08-21-2005 | 04:09 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by rodybmw' date='Aug 20 2005, 10:07 PM
However, I don't think I will do it again without the family.? Once my work in London was done the rest of the trip was pretty boring without my family there.
[snapback]161621[/snapback]
was your wife sitting next to you while you were typing this ? j/k . please post some pics after you finished putting all the toys in your car .