Meet & Greet Discussion Plan for and discuss meet and greets with fellow forum members along with other BMW events. Share the results too!

European Meet -- Munich / BMW Welt -- now Sat. 13th June 2009

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2009, 12:56 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: Jan 2006 E63 650i Sport . Options: Sport version (includes: sport-seats, sport-suspension, M-Sport steering wheel, Anthracite headliner, Shaddow Line), Saphire Black, Black Dakota Leather, Anthracite Maple Wood trim, Steptronic Auto, Xenons, NAV-Professional with Voice Control, TV, CD-Changer, Bluetooth, Logic7, Head-up Display, Comfort Access, Seat Heating front, Auto Dimming & Folding Mirrors, Extended Auto Air Conditioning, PDC. . Mods: Spacers 5mm front & 15mm rear . Wheels: 20" Alpina Softline (Classic) with Dunlop Sport Maxx non-RFT (255/35/20 & 285/30/20)

European Meet -- Munich / BMW Welt -- now Sat. 13th June 2009-e60net_meet_vi.jpg

Time to get the next European Meet set-up

In the E60.NET European Meet Lounge many of the usual suspects have already put their names down, as well as some new names. We've decided the venue and dates, so its now just a matter of getting everyone signed up, hotels, and details on the routes / day's events...

Dates:
Friday 24th April 2009 -- Travel to hotel and a night out in Munich
Saturday 25th April 2009 -- The main event!!... Cruise... BMW Welt... night out in Munich
Sunday 26th April 2009 -- Depart or cruise+lunch then travel home

Meeting point:
Hotel in Munich (details to follow)
There are also cruises to/from Munich being arranged from home countries, such as Netherlands and Belgium (details to follow)

Proposed venues:
Day: BMW Welt and/or BMW Museum. Possible cruise to nearby location for lunch... obviously with some derestricted Autobahn Details of cruises to follow
Evening: At least 1 visit to a traditional Bavarian beer hall, e.g. Hofbr?u. Details / reservations to be sorted.
Hotel: Somewhere in the city centre... with parking! Details / reservations to be sorted.

Timing of Meet:
We will have meeting points at the Hotel on Friday and Saturday, as well as other locations depending on people's travel arrangements. Exact times will follow as we get into the detail.
There will also be meetings points for those cruising (or should I say "Gumballing" ) from their home countries.

This is certainly the biggest and most adventurous European Meet so far!
I'm already looking forward to another great Meet & Greet and a top weekend with friends...

Old 02-26-2009, 01:05 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Jan 2006 E63 650i Sport . Options: Sport version (includes: sport-seats, sport-suspension, M-Sport steering wheel, Anthracite headliner, Shaddow Line), Saphire Black, Black Dakota Leather, Anthracite Maple Wood trim, Steptronic Auto, Xenons, NAV-Professional with Voice Control, TV, CD-Changer, Bluetooth, Logic7, Head-up Display, Comfort Access, Seat Heating front, Auto Dimming & Folding Mirrors, Extended Auto Air Conditioning, PDC. . Mods: Spacers 5mm front & 15mm rear . Wheels: 20" Alpina Softline (Classic) with Dunlop Sport Maxx non-RFT (255/35/20 & 285/30/20)

I will kick things off...

ATTENDEE LIST:

1) xBMWx (E61)
2)
Old 02-28-2009, 04:50 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: UK BMW 530d, registered 19Sep2003. Bluetooth, Business SatNav, Rear & side blinds, Business Radio, LOGIC7.

Originally Posted by xBMWx' post='801978' date='Feb 26 2009, 10:05 AM
ATTENDEE LIST:

1) xBMWx (E61)
2)
Count me in.
2) smoppett (E60)
3)
Old 02-28-2009, 04:57 AM
Members

My Ride: UK BMW 530d, registered 19Sep2003. Bluetooth, Business SatNav, Rear & side blinds, Business Radio, LOGIC7.

German Cruise to Munich

I am intending to stay in Belgium on Thursday evening, and then driving through Germany to Munich for Friday evening. When I mentioned this before, several people said they would be joining me for the drive.

For previous visits I have stayed here
http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/pc/.../gntep/welcome

It is very close to the motorway, and there is space for us all to meet up. However, it is about 7 hours from Munich and maybe we should meet a little nearer Germany (or even meet at the BMW dealership as before).

Any comments?

Simon
Old 02-28-2009, 11:19 AM
Contributors

Well the English contingent is signed up After all the "count me" posts in the Lounge, I was expecting a few more to have signed up by now... but they probably haven't found the post yet

I will be heading over from Copenhagen to Germany on Thursday evening, probably stopping off near Hamburg. Maybe we can meet up on route somewhere around Frankfurt, i.e. you coming from the West and me from the North... something to consider in the planning
Old 02-28-2009, 12:28 PM
Senior Members

Quote me i will come
Old 02-28-2009, 12:45 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by 530dA' post='804064' date='Feb 28 2009, 10:28 PM
Quote me i will come

Good stuff!! (Maybe you can sell some more M5 mirrors to the attendees like last time )

Attendee List:

1. xBMWx (E61)
2. smoppett (E60)
3. 530dA (E39)
Old 02-28-2009, 08:25 PM
Members

My Ride: '06 Porsche Cayman S. Black on Black with Black tint. Sport (thicker) steering wheel, Heated Sport Seats, OEM Short Shifter, Clear Engine Cover. [b][u]SOLD! '08 550i 6SPD, Alpine White w/ OEM Carbon Fiber, Perforated Black leather, Anthracite Bamboo Trim[/u] full Sports Package with OEM Carbon Fiber Splitters and Diffuser, Cold Weather Package, Logic7, BMW Professional Nav, Heated/Ventilated 20 way Front Seats, Heated Rear Seats, Split Rear Seats, Comfort Access, iPod, PIAA Fog Lights, Xenon Match Interior Lighting, 12mm Rear Spacers, Gloss Black Model Designation, Carbon Fiber Door Pillar Covers, AngeliBrights (temporary set in place), ACS Style CF Diffuser, RDSport Quad conversion. RPI scoop (black) [u]2000 Z3 Coupe 2.8, Topaz Blue, Black Leather, Walnut Trim[/u] Koni Adjustable's w/ Racing Dynamics springs (1.75" drop), UUC LTW FW, E39 M5 Clutch, Wilwood Big Brakes, UUC Motorworks SSK, Rogue Engineering Big Boy Clutch Stop, Rogue Engineering Pulleys, EuroSport CF CAI, Sharked, Hawk HP+ Pads, Hamman Side Outlet Vents, ACS Type 3 18"s(replica) and 1000w pumping through a JL10W6[/b]

hey, i should be able to make those dates and I can probably help with the hotel finding...

here's my first suggestion:

The Sheraton Arabella Park Hotel. ArabellaStrasse 5, Munich 81925 Germany

119 euro per night, cancel-able up until the day of the reservation. I could book a promotional 89 euro per night rate, but it's fully pre-paid and non-refundable. I'm not sure how much cheaper rooms get, but this price is decent compared to some of the other options... and I'm assuming that we're looking for a nice place.

it's a pretty well appointed hotel, i've stayed there before. their website says there IS parking available but i can't remember if it's in a parking garage or not. the hotel is located about 7 km from BMW Welt and downtown is a short taxi ride away.

let me know what you think

chris

1. xBMWx (E61)
2. smoppett (E60)
3. 530dA (E39)
4. cpiskai
Old 02-28-2009, 11:11 PM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW 545iA Black Sapphire
Model Year: 2005
Engine: 545i

Hey guys,

won't be able to make this one - we'll be on vacation on the Greek islands during that period.
Shame really as the wife and I were looking forward to the trip to Munich hoping the initial tentative date at the beginning of April would stick - however chances of getting a good break in the weather seem better at the later date. Have a good one.
Old 02-28-2009, 11:50 PM
Members

Goes without saying that I am in, right?????

Quick Reply: European Meet -- Munich / BMW Welt -- now Sat. 13th June 2009