Meet & Greet Discussion Plan for and discuss meet and greets with fellow forum members along with other BMW events. Share the results too!

BeNeLux Meet -- nr. Maastricht -- edit: Sat 27th OCT 07

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2007, 07:54 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by xBMWx' post='459701' date='Aug 17 2007, 05:49 PM
Its all dependant on the weekend and venue we opt for, but in general we will meet at a certain time to get everyone together, then an hour or so later do a cruise to another location, where we will then stay for a while to eat, relax, check out an event, etc.
Sound good to me. Keep me posted.
Old 08-18-2007, 03:36 AM
Members

My Ride: 2008 520d M Sport, Deep Sea Blue, Beige Leather, Sunroof, Xenons.

Could I come?

I've just got a UK 520d, and I live in Germany not BeNeLux, but I'm not far from Maastricht or Zolder.

Any date would be good for me.

Old 08-19-2007, 08:57 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: Jan 2006 E63 650i Sport . Options: Sport version (includes: sport-seats, sport-suspension, M-Sport steering wheel, Anthracite headliner, Shaddow Line), Saphire Black, Black Dakota Leather, Anthracite Maple Wood trim, Steptronic Auto, Xenons, NAV-Professional with Voice Control, TV, CD-Changer, Bluetooth, Logic7, Head-up Display, Comfort Access, Seat Heating front, Auto Dimming & Folding Mirrors, Extended Auto Air Conditioning, PDC. . Mods: Spacers 5mm front & 15mm rear . Wheels: 20" Alpina Softline (Classic) with Dunlop Sport Maxx non-RFT (255/35/20 & 285/30/20)

Originally Posted by Swindorski' post='459956' date='Aug 18 2007, 01:36 PM
Could I come?

I've just got a UK 520d, and I live in Germany not BeNeLux, but I'm not far from Maastricht or Zolder.

Any date would be good for me.

All here are welcome! Pleased to hear you will be joining us. I'm from the UK and based in Germany, so we'll be keeping the international flavour of the forum going strong...
Old 08-19-2007, 01:51 PM
Members

My Ride: BMW E60 530d - BMW E92 335i

Hello everybody...

It would be great to have a meeting in september. 1st of september is also OK for me.

I see you suggest also to visit 24 hrs of Zolder. It's possible, but it's allways very crowdy during that event. It's better to visit Zolder another time. For me it's possible to arrange a private parking inside the circuit of Zolder. I allready organised a BMW-meeting at 5 augustus during the BMW 130i-cup of holland. http://www.vtm.be/auto/forum/showthread.php?t=24551

Maybe it's better to meet in Maastricht. Maybe we can meet at dealer Keram A2 Mobilport...???

Another suggestion i have is to meet at the Nurburgring on sunday 16 september.

What do you guys think?
Old 08-20-2007, 06:06 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Jan 2006 E63 650i Sport . Options: Sport version (includes: sport-seats, sport-suspension, M-Sport steering wheel, Anthracite headliner, Shaddow Line), Saphire Black, Black Dakota Leather, Anthracite Maple Wood trim, Steptronic Auto, Xenons, NAV-Professional with Voice Control, TV, CD-Changer, Bluetooth, Logic7, Head-up Display, Comfort Access, Seat Heating front, Auto Dimming & Folding Mirrors, Extended Auto Air Conditioning, PDC. . Mods: Spacers 5mm front & 15mm rear . Wheels: 20" Alpina Softline (Classic) with Dunlop Sport Maxx non-RFT (255/35/20 & 285/30/20)

Originally Posted by BMWMB' post='460271' date='Aug 19 2007, 11:51 PM
Hello everybody...

It would be great to have a meeting in september. 1st of september is also OK for me.

I see you suggest also to visit 24 hrs of Zolder. It's possible, but it's allways very crowdy during that event. It's better to visit Zolder another time. For me it's possible to arrange a private parking inside the circuit of Zolder. I allready organised a BMW-meeting at 5 augustus during the BMW 130i-cup of holland. http://www.vtm.be/auto/forum/showthread.php?t=24551

Maybe it's better to meet in Maastricht. Maybe we can meet at dealer Keram A2 Mobilport...???

Another suggestion i have is to meet at the Nurburgring on sunday 16 september.

What do you guys think?

Glad to hear you can make it BMWMB and thanks for the suggestions. Seeing as you've done something like this before in the region, I hope you don't mind if I pick your brain a little more for ideas...

I checked the Zolder Racing Circuit site and there does not appear to be any events happening there on Saturday 1st September or do you know of anything else going on there?

As for Nurburgring, its a great idea but I suggest we save that one for another Meet. Maastricht seems to work well and the Nurburgring will probably be a little too far for most.

If we are going to do a cruise, there is nothing stopping us meeting in Maastricht and then heading to Zolder, or the other way around. I think it comes down to what event or location we want to finally end up at. Any ideas about locations / events (most likely on Sat. 1st Sept.) from those who know the area well?? I am limited to google searches etc.!
Old 08-21-2007, 01:16 PM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW 545iA Black Sapphire
Model Year: 2005
Engine: 545i

I am on a morning duty on Sat 1 Sep but should be able to get away by 1130. BMW A2 Keram is an easy going location for me (this is where I bought my car).

Suggestion:

- We could meet/greet at A2.
- Take a drive to Aachen (bit of autobahn )
- Have lunch in Aachen, I know some good restaurants!
- Return for a drink at Maastricht.
Old 08-21-2007, 01:29 PM
Super Moderator

My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

Glad to see this event has some interest -- once you guys nail down a date (if you haven't already) be sure to add a calendar entry to help spread the word...
Old 08-22-2007, 12:32 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by andy545' post='461058' date='Aug 21 2007, 11:16 PM
I am on a morning duty on Sat 1 Sep but should be able to get away by 1130. BMW A2 Keram is an easy going location for me (this is where I bought my car).

Suggestion:

- We could meet/greet at A2.
- Take a drive to Aachen (bit of autobahn )
- Have lunch in Aachen, I know some good restaurants!
- Return for a drink at Maastricht.

You really are determined to blast down the A4 aren't you?! ...and I couldn't agree more!!

That suggestion looks good to me and pleased to hear we have someone who knows the area well -- thank you!

The vote currently shows Sat. 1st or Sun. 23rd Sept. being the favourites. We'll nail down the date at the end of this week.

I guess we are looking at around 10-15 of us. Do we need to be contacting BMW A2 Keram about meeting there? Or is there plenty of space there?
Old 08-22-2007, 12:34 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Rudy' post='461063' date='Aug 21 2007, 11:29 PM
Glad to see this event has some interest -- once you guys nail down a date (if you haven't already) be sure to add a calendar entry to help spread the word...
Will do -- thanks again for another tip regarding the Forum's various functions
Old 08-22-2007, 07:37 AM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW 545iA Black Sapphire
Model Year: 2005
Engine: 545i

Originally Posted by xBMWx' post='461274' date='Aug 22 2007, 10:32 AM
You really are determined to blast down the A4 aren't you?! ...and I couldn't agree more!!

That suggestion looks good to me and pleased to hear we have someone who knows the area well -- thank you!

The vote currently shows Sat. 1st or Sun. 23rd Sept. being the favourites. We'll nail down the date at the end of this week.

I guess we are looking at around 10-15 of us. Do we need to be contacting BMW A2 Keram about meeting there? Or is there plenty of space there?
normally there should be enough space...there is the BMW repair dealer (Kera) next door - they have a parking as well...

Can interested people put their name down so we know how many to expect ?

Quick Reply: BeNeLux Meet -- nr. Maastricht -- edit: Sat 27th OCT 07