Meet & Greet Discussion Plan for and discuss meet and greets with fellow forum members along with other BMW events. Share the results too!

Another ToD Meet in April '07

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2006, 06:28 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: (USA) 645Ci, Silver Gray, Chateau, Cold Weather PKG, Premium Sound PKG, Sport PKG, Step, NAV [Std Equip in 645], HUD, Satellite (SIRIUS) Radio, Aux Input, Bluetooth enabled using iPhone 3GS w/ adapter cradle - Build date - 01/05, Baby delivered 2/24/05

Tail of the Dragon once again is offered up as meet and drive opportunity.

I and some of my fellow participants in the next Sharkfest will plan additional thrills around the ToD (since it is NOT on the drive list for Sharkfest). Plan for as many as two, week-day runs of ToD, Wednesday and Thursday prior to going to Asheville for the official happenings of Sharkfest. Asheville is just a couple of hours away from the ToD. This is just to get your calendars marked, your competitive juices flowing and be alert for more info. But DO sign up for Sharkfest( at the site I included above). We had 4 e63/64s out of nearly 70 6ers at Sharkfest 2006. I would like us to double or triple that at this next event. While the main theme of Sharkfest is the e24 and new e63 Sharks, all BMWs are welcome. BUT we want and welcome all comers to join in the ToD fun. I'll fill in some of the details in January on lodging and other logistics. Just as we did for the BMW Dragon Slayers attack on the ToD in October, folks are welcome to come and go as the please and participate in as much or as little as they want. At the moment we have 3 e63/64s and looking for more of all models.

Registration is OPEN for Sharkfest 2007. April 20-22, 2007

Excepts from the Sharkfest Site located here: http://www.bmwsharkfest.org/

"Come join us for another fantastic weekend celebrating of one of the most timeless automotive designs: the BMW 6-series. The event will be held in historic Asheville, North Carolina during the famous Biltmore "Flower Festival." Spring will be in full swing and promises to provide Southeast Sharkfest with the most beautiful scenic backdrops ever. With easy access to the Blueridge Parkway and just a short drive from the natural wonders of the Smoky Mountains, Southeast Sharkfest 2007 will be sure to please both driver AND passenger!

Sharkfest allows owners of these rare and beautiful vehicles to gather in an atmosphere of common interest and discuss all things BMW (and many things not). In previous years, we have incorporated into the event vintage motorcycles and some amazing examples of BMW's finest designs. Registration is open to all types of BMW's, and we will probably have a display area for non-6ers, however the only vehicles that will be judged in the primary show area during the Saturday car show are the original e24 chassis 6-series (1976-1989) and the new e63/e64 chassis 6-series (2004-current). The vehicles will be divided by era, however neither will be excluded."
Old 01-28-2007, 03:30 PM
Contributors

My Ride: (USA) 645Ci, Silver Gray, Chateau, Cold Weather PKG, Premium Sound PKG, Sport PKG, Step, NAV [Std Equip in 645], HUD, Satellite (SIRIUS) Radio, Aux Input, Bluetooth enabled using iPhone 3GS w/ adapter cradle - Build date - 01/05, Baby delivered 2/24/05

Time to get serious about SE Sharkfest on 20-22 April and the ToD drives on 18/19 April.

There are two hotel options. Both are right next to each other and under the same management.

Hilton DoubleTree I BELIEVE THERE ARE NO ROOMS LEFT NOW (26 JAN 2007)
Phone: 828-274-1800.
Tell them you are with Sharkfest to get a $117 per night rate (regular rate is $239). All the events and departures will be based out of the Double Tree.

Sleep Inn
Phone: 828-277-1800.
Tell them you are with Sharkfest. To get a $75 per night rate. The Sleep in is right next door (walking distance) from the DoubleTree and share a common parking lot.

The DoubleTree is full other than our 25 room block so act fast. There is additional room at the Sleep Inn once we fill our 25 room block but that will not last long. The event rate applies to Friday and Saturday nights only. Thursday night is already booked at the DoubleTree, rooms at the Sleep Inn are $79 per night.

There are lots of B&B in Asheville in addition to traditional motel/hotels, but it is a very popular time so recommend reservations early.

I would really like a good e63/64 showing.

Now as to the ToD. I have already booked room at Tapoco Lodge for the nights of 17 and 18 April. ToD drives are scheduled for 18/19 (Wed & Thur) mornings with at least one drive of the Cherohala Skyway scheduled for Thursday with lunch at the Bistro by the River. Cheapest room at Tapaco is $80 for the lowest rate but can go up if you want nicer digs. Can get all three meals there if you want. Breakfast is 8-10 so we plan to make early runs and then have breakfast. We can check out later times in the day, but usually not as good as first thing in the morning.
Link: http://www.tapocolodge.com/rates.html

Come one, come all. If you want to join up for Sharkfest you need to register at the site in post #1. You can come and go as far as the ToD drives are concerned.
Old 02-17-2007, 01:32 PM
Contributors

So far all wimps on this board. :thumbsdown: NO one brave enough to challenge the ToD this April
Old 04-15-2007, 06:21 PM
Contributors

Leave Tuesday for two days of Tail (of the Dragon) and 3 days of Sharkfest. Over 100 BMWs on the lawn at the Biltmore. Noticed not one e60 registered. Every other model represented from e10 on. WIMPS