Meet & Greet Discussion Plan for and discuss meet and greets with fellow forum members along with other BMW events. Share the results too!

5th Central Cali Meet - San Luis Obispo - Sat Mar 20th

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2010, 07:34 PM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 14 550i

When we were leaving the park, my clutch was really stiff (felt like leg pressing a 45 lb weight) and when I turned my steering wheel it was stiff or grinding. On the floor there was a ginormous puddle of fluid.

Anyways, AAA got it towed for me to the hotel and then this morning I got it towed from SLO to my Porsche mechanic. Keeping fingers crossed that it's not too crazy. Oh well, like I said it was a great time and I'm sure it'll all get resolved.

Michael
Old 03-21-2010, 07:37 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60
Model Year: 2016

Originally Posted by EuroCarFan
Hey Michael, so were you able to get the insurance stuff sorted out to get your car towed back home?
Between Ross and I, we have enough miles to send Michael home, lol. Kind of sucks, and hope you get that sorted out soon Mike.
Old 03-21-2010, 07:38 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

He had some car troubles and had to get the Porsche towed to the hotel and they were towing it back to LA this morning. Sucks man...

Michael was a trooper though. Didn't stop him from continuing to party with the rest of us.

BTW, glad to finally meet you "TINY"!! When I first saw you walk up I was wondering who brought the bouncer to the BBQ?? HAHAHHAHA!!!!

It was great meeting you too, Tony, and all the NorCal guys that could make it. Good to see us SoCal guys aren't the only friendly and fun bunch out here. BTW, I hung up the bouncer hat a long time ago, but I am still usually much bigger than the bouncers at the clubs I go to
Old 03-21-2010, 07:38 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by acuteperformance
When we were leaving the park, my clutch was really stiff (felt like leg pressing a 45 lb weight) and when I turned my steering wheel it was stiff or grinding. On the floor there was a ginormous puddle of fluid.

Anyways, AAA got it towed for me to the hotel and then this morning I got it towed from SLO to my Porsche mechanic. Keeping fingers crossed that it's not too crazy. Oh well, like I said it was a great time and I'm sure it'll all get resolved.

Michael

That is terrible Michael, I hope it all gets sorted for you easily and as cheaply as possible.
Old 03-21-2010, 07:46 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

"TINY"

Sorry to hear michael..hope things get resolved easily...
Old 03-21-2010, 07:48 PM
Contributors

My Ride: E60 M5, F85 X5M

Originally Posted by GENEaTALS
"Tiny"
You got it wrong Gene. You gotta put the word in big caps to show the irony: TINY
Old 03-21-2010, 07:48 PM
Former Vendor

My Ride: 14 550i

Thanks Simon! Big help in reducing my stress level. I send you back the card tomorrow.

Michael

Originally Posted by nomis_nehc
Between Ross and I, we have enough miles to send Michael home, lol. Kind of sucks, and hope you get that sorted out soon Mike.
Old 03-21-2010, 07:55 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

You got it wrong Gene. You gotta put the word in big caps to show the irony: TINY
true...edited/fixed
Old 03-21-2010, 08:03 PM
Contributors

Laugh it up guys, I'll be much bigger when I grow up!!!
Old 03-21-2010, 08:22 PM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW E60
Model Year: 2016

Originally Posted by acuteperformance
Thanks Simon! Big help in reducing my stress level. I send you back the card tomorrow.

Michael
Yup, no problem man. I was concerned that I'll have to go find you on the way down. I was worried because I had Melvin following me (and I didn't have his number at the time), and thought "oh crap", the guy might follow me all the way, where the hell I go, lol.

Anyway, it worked out well. A few of us went to the Camarillo Outlet, and the girls brought home a few shoes and dress, hah.

Kathy said that she's the big winner -- she enjoyed the meet, and got to shop afterwards!

Quick Reply: 5th Central Cali Meet - San Luis Obispo - Sat Mar 20th