Meet & Greet Discussion Plan for and discuss meet and greets with fellow forum members along with other BMW events. Share the results too!

5th Central Cali Meet - San Luis Obispo - Sat Mar 20th

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2010, 06:06 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

Originally Posted by sdg1871
Yeah I definitely don't have enough time to drive my 550 out to LA for this so it is rental car all the way.

Scott, I have driven cross country, and after doing it the LAST thing you want to do is have a "sit down" even with friends
Old 03-21-2010, 06:07 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

What an awesome meet! Thanks to Tony for setting it up and thanks to all the sponsors...

Buncha Party Animals!
Old 03-21-2010, 06:09 PM
Contributors

My Ride: See my signature

Originally Posted by pjinca
Scott, I have driven cross country, and after doing it the LAST thing you want to do is have a "sit down" even with friends
Old 03-21-2010, 06:16 PM
Members

Hello all: Wonderful people, fast cars, Americian/Asian Fusion BBQ whats not to love. It was a real pleasure to meet and help cook your meal. Looking forward to future events to get to meet and share our common bond with all things four wheeled. Kit and I had a great time, special Thanks to Tony for organizing this great event and to Evan for all his help at the grill. Really wonderful to get to meet so many great gearheads, in my back year no less, Cheers to all who made it happen all your hard work and your homecrafted fusion foods really make things POP. Good stuff, Had a blast. Kit and John
Old 03-21-2010, 06:29 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: E60 M5, F85 X5M

What can I say...I had an awesome time despite being sick and STILL sick.

It was great seeing old friends again and meeting new ones that I have doubt will be long time friends to come.

I said this at the meet already but let me say thanks again to the following people:

John Noll for volunteering and getting up early to start the wood fire and grilling for the entire group of about 50 hungry car enthusiasts. John demonstrated why grilling is an art form and not the cheating way that I use at home by cranking on the propane. haha John also grilled up 30 lbs of his specialty ball tip. Yum!

Evan Larson for being right there with John and working the grill from start to end and also delivering a care package to the local homeless shelter.

Both John and Evan are members of M5Board.

Tom for supplying all different kinds of meat that catered to all our different tastes.

All the vendors for their prize donations for the raffle: Eloy/Race Precision, Michael/AcutePerformance, EuroRev, Umnitza, John Photography, Trinity Autosport

mikracer (Jin) for helping out last minute by picking up the keys to the BBQ pit on Fri or we would have all been eating McDs and watch over 100lbs of meat get spoiled. LOL Jin also hooked us up at Native Lounge so we got 1 comped bottle for every two we bought. And yes Jin, we went through SIX! Actually, we snuck the last bottle out of the club when we left.

And of course, thanks for everyone that made the trek to SLO to share your passion with each other. Hopefully everyone made it home safely.

Looking forward to the next ///ECFest!!!!
Old 03-21-2010, 06:45 PM
Contributors

I don't think we finished that 6th bottle.

If I had known people were going to hang out in the lobby afterwards I would've drank some more there too.

It was nice to meet the norcal group, though I don't know if I met everyone. Rex, good thing I was wearing my beater J's or you'd be looking for my next sneaker pick up! haha jk bro. Most of the spillage was on the ground anyways.

P'Tom - thanks for providing the meat. No lie, "no one beats your meat"

John - thanks for grilling. It's not an easy job and is definitely a labor of love.

Tony - thanks for organizing the event. hope you get over your sickness soon.

Dbae - thanks for boning out and leaving the rest of us non M's to play catch up. haha

Michael - thanks for the brake pads! Hope the beast gets sorted out soon.

Regards,

Melvin
Old 03-21-2010, 07:02 PM
Former Vendor

My Ride: 14 550i

Tony/David - Thanks for setting up the meet. Even with the crap I had to deal with I still had a great time.

Tom - Some fine meat you have there. If I know anyone who needs A LOT of meat, you'll be the first to hear.

John - Thanks for grilling. I can't even grill meat for myself let alone 50!

For all those that won raffle prizes from me, if you have any questions let me know.

Michael
Acute Performance
Old 03-21-2010, 07:13 PM
Contributors

Hey Michael, so were you able to get the insurance stuff sorted out to get your car towed back home?
Old 03-21-2010, 07:18 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

Originally Posted by EuroCarFan
Hey Michael, so were you able to get the insurance stuff sorted out to get your car towed back home?
WHAT?!?!?! Wait, what happened Michael?
Old 03-21-2010, 07:33 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by pjinca
WHAT?!?!?! Wait, what happened Michael?
He had some car troubles and had to get the Porsche towed to the hotel and they were towing it back to LA this morning. Sucks man...

Michael was a trooper though. Didn't stop him from continuing to party with the rest of us.

BTW, glad to finally meet you "TINY"!! When I first saw you walk up I was wondering who brought the bouncer to the BBQ?? HAHAHHAHA!!!!

Quick Reply: 5th Central Cali Meet - San Luis Obispo - Sat Mar 20th