Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

YANKEES!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2010, 06:38 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

Originally Posted by Rudy
It's interesting that Sunday Night Football (Steelers vs. Saints) on NBC had a higher rating than the World Series game airing on Fox. C's right, that probably wouldn't have happened if the Yankees were still in it...

There's a reason for that Rudy, in Texas football is KING, even when the Cowboys suck (like now) they get more attention. Also, since the Rangers never won before and the Giants hadn't won in 56 years we all now both teams are a flash in the pan never to be seen in the playoffs again. The Yankees are consistently good and they play in the #1 TV market, which means they guarantee ratings when they play.
Old 11-02-2010, 07:23 AM
Super Moderator

My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

Originally Posted by pjinca
There's a reason for that Rudy, in Texas football is KING, even when the Cowboys suck (like now) they get more attention. Also, since the Rangers never won before and the Giants hadn't won in 56 years we all now both teams are a flash in the pan never to be seen in the playoffs again. The Yankees are consistently good and they play in the #1 TV market, which means they guarantee ratings when they play.
You can't forget to factor in the massive following of the Steelers...it's similar to the massive Yankees following...
Old 11-02-2010, 07:28 AM
Contributors

You can't forget to factor in the massive following of the Steelers...it's similar to the massive Yankees following...

You have a point there, but it's not just the Steelers. Even when they had BOTH league championship series going a few Mondays ago (Yanks Vs Texas and Phillies Vs Giants) they still managed to fall below the ratings of the Titans Vs the Jaguars - and that was a terrible game, over in the first quarter. Baseball has a real problem here, they are just not exciting enough to garner much attention anymore. I love baseball, but I am a Yankee fan and cannot sit through a game involving other teams I have no interest in. Conversely, with football I have NFL Sunday Ticket and not to just watch our Steelers play, I can watch ANY good game that comes on TV. Therein lies the difference between football and baseball, IMHO
Old 11-02-2010, 08:18 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: E60 M5, F85 X5M

Talk about trying to rationalizing a loss. Ask any Giants fan if they care about TV ratings. Actually, ask yourself if you care either if the Yankees won.

And as for the bolded comment, come on John, you have better class then that to take away a great accomplishment of another team whether they'll be one-hit-wonders or not. :thumbsdown:

See you next weekend in SLO.
Old 11-02-2010, 08:48 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by EuroCarFan
Talk about trying to rationalizing a loss. Ask any Giants fan if they care about TV ratings. Actually, ask yourself if you care either if the Yankees won.

And as for the bolded comment, come on John, you have better class then that to take away a great accomplishment of another team whether they'll be one-hit-wonders or not. :thumbsdown:

See you next weekend in SLO.
Actually Tony, of the 2 teams that made it to the WS this year, the Giants have the best chance to be good for quite some time - IF they can keep that excellent young pitching staff together and healthy. It is a great accomplishment for any team to win a championship, my main point is that baseball is not the type of spectator sport that will get good ratings, you have GOT to have an interest in the teams involved. I can't sit through a game the Yankees are not playing in, but in football? I watched last night's game and several others on Sunday, because a good football game kicks a great baseball games butt any day of the week.
Old 11-02-2010, 09:41 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 530i. Purchased 6/28/07. Titanium Silver Metallic, Black Dakota Leather, Dark Poplar Trim, Steptronic, Premium Package, Cold Weather Package, Bluetooth, Adaptive Control Xenons. 10/30/07 Added OEM 124s with 245/40/18 & 275/35/18 Michelin Pilot Sport A/S tires. Installed red Cal Covers� from BavAuto. 11/21/07 Added OEM all-weather floor mats (for winter, carpet in summer) and coat rack. 6/26/08 installed M5-style rear spoiler. 6/30/08 put on red reflectors. 8/22/08 Euro turn signal stickers applied. 3/20/09 Installed Shadowline Trim. 3/27/09 Added Matte Black Kidney Grilles from Trinity. 4/03/09 Installed Bimmian Shadow Matte Black 530i Badges. 4/04/09 Installed LED license plate lights from Trinity. 5/01/09 Installed Brabus Interior LED Kit and White Angel Eyes. 5/02/09 Put in Brabus 6K Fogs. 5/14/09 Removed charcoal filter. 5/15/09 Installed light smoke LED side marker lamps from Trinity. 5/21/09 Sprint Booster. 6/12/09 Painted exhaust tips flat black. 6/13/09 Pulled red Cal Covers and painted calipers low gloss black. 6/27/09 RPI Ram Air Scoop from Trinity. 8/15/09 Installed Brabus's silver invisibulbs front and rear. 9/24/09 Installed R-Dash license plate LEDs from Brabaus (John).

Whether or not football is king in Texas would not affect the viewing preferences of those in the other 49 states and beyond. Sure there are Cowboys fans everywhere. but not enough to be statistically significant in a nation of over 300 million. Unless one's teams are playing in the Series, many move on to football. I know I did.

It's too bad your team lost, John, but to say that the other teams are one-hit wonders who will never even make the playoffs again is audacious to say the least. There is a time to admit defeat and let the victors enjoy their accomplishment.
Old 11-02-2010, 09:46 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 530i. Purchased 6/28/07. Titanium Silver Metallic, Black Dakota Leather, Dark Poplar Trim, Steptronic, Premium Package, Cold Weather Package, Bluetooth, Adaptive Control Xenons. 10/30/07 Added OEM 124s with 245/40/18 & 275/35/18 Michelin Pilot Sport A/S tires. Installed red Cal Covers� from BavAuto. 11/21/07 Added OEM all-weather floor mats (for winter, carpet in summer) and coat rack. 6/26/08 installed M5-style rear spoiler. 6/30/08 put on red reflectors. 8/22/08 Euro turn signal stickers applied. 3/20/09 Installed Shadowline Trim. 3/27/09 Added Matte Black Kidney Grilles from Trinity. 4/03/09 Installed Bimmian Shadow Matte Black 530i Badges. 4/04/09 Installed LED license plate lights from Trinity. 5/01/09 Installed Brabus Interior LED Kit and White Angel Eyes. 5/02/09 Put in Brabus 6K Fogs. 5/14/09 Removed charcoal filter. 5/15/09 Installed light smoke LED side marker lamps from Trinity. 5/21/09 Sprint Booster. 6/12/09 Painted exhaust tips flat black. 6/13/09 Pulled red Cal Covers and painted calipers low gloss black. 6/27/09 RPI Ram Air Scoop from Trinity. 8/15/09 Installed Brabus's silver invisibulbs front and rear. 9/24/09 Installed R-Dash license plate LEDs from Brabaus (John).

It's interesting that Sunday Night Football (Steelers vs. Saints) on NBC had a higher rating than the World Series game airing on Fox. C's right, that probably wouldn't have happened if the Yankees were still in it...
Rudy, the only reason anyone tuned in at all was to see whether or not Ben would rape a cheerleader.
Old 11-02-2010, 09:49 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by CWS530
Rudy, the only reason anyone tuned in at all was to see whether or not Ben would rape a cheerleader.
LMAO true Calvin, knowing the Steelers and knowing how they value their reputation as a class organization. I'd be surprised if Ben get another contract, his best hope is to rip off a string of Super Bowl wins if he wants to remain in Pittsburgh.
Old 11-02-2010, 10:18 AM
Super Moderator

My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

Only one cheerleader?
Old 11-02-2010, 10:04 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: f10 535d M sport e46 330cic vert
Model Year: 2015

LMFAO! That's some funny shiet!