Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

WSJ: The Treatment of Bush Has Been a Disgrace

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2008, 02:27 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

President Bush maybe all those things, but you can't pin the financial collapse of the world on him... Thank you Mr. William Jefferson Clinton for your Community Reinvestment Act. At least he got a head job, the American people and the world just got f***ed!
Old 11-10-2008, 02:49 AM
Members

I think history will determine the popularity of our current president. I'll certainly agree mistakes were made and previous administrations had an impact as well. I think in the future as we all look back things may look a bit different.
Old 11-10-2008, 04:21 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011, E90 M3 Sedan. Alpine White.Competition package, Keyhole cover, fender reflectors in Alpine white, RPI Exhaust, 19

Originally Posted by alexf9496' post='713337' date='Nov 5 2008, 07:11 PM
No.

Mel, like most things in life, the correct answer is more complicated than a quick soundbite or a smartass answer.

There's plenty of blame to be placed and an honest analysis will include a rogues gallery of greedy lenders, de-regulation of a greedy industry, consumers jumping at easy money, speculators, hedge funds buying what we now understand as unsecured paper, and general fiscally unsound practices on every level.

Just a mess.

Unfortunately, those that are on the edge of retirement are the ones most affected and our hearts have to go out to those people.

For those that are still drawing a decent salary, this is a buyers market.
alex.. im joking.. and not looking for the "correct answer" i was being a smart ass..
Old 11-10-2008, 07:13 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Ruf930' post='716984' date='Nov 10 2008, 06:27 AM
President Bush maybe all those things, but you can't pin the financial collapse of the world on him... Thank you Mr. William Jefferson Clinton for your Community Reinvestment Act. At least he got a head job, the American people and the world just got f***ed!
+1

Names of people involved in this scandal... Franklin Raines, former CEO of Fannie Mae currently on the Obama economic team, had to leave Fannie Mae in embarrassment over fraud charges. Jim Johnson, former chairman of Fannie Mae currently on the Obama campaign as an economic advisor. They were backed by lobbyists for Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae, who worked the Chris Dodds-Democrat CT; and the Barney Franks-Democrat MA, who oversaw them. It was Barney Frank and Chris Dodd who oversaw the banking committee guys. Where's the special prosecutors?? O Forgot, Harry Reid- Democrat NV, Senate Majority Leader; Nancy Pelosi- Democrat CA, Speaker of the House!
Old 11-10-2008, 07:46 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 10 Honda Fit Sport, 10 Honda Pilot Touring

Originally Posted by unknown' post='717095' date='Nov 10 2008, 10:13 AM
+1

Names of people involved in this scandal... Franklin Raines, former CEO of Fannie Mae currently on the Obama economic team, had to leave Fannie Mae in embarrassment over fraud charges. Jim Johnson, former chairman of Fannie Mae currently on the Obama campaign as an economic advisor. They were backed by lobbyists for Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae, who worked the Chris Dodds-Democrat CT; and the Barney Franks-Democrat MA, who oversaw them. It was Barney Frank and Chris Dodd who oversaw the banking committee guys. Where's the special prosecutors?? O Forgot, Harry Reid- Democrat NV, Senate Majority Leader; Nancy Pelosi- Democrat CA, Speaker of the House!
+ one million.

The crash of the housing market/sub-prime debacle and subsequent stock market crash lies on the shoulders of the Democrat party and the individuals you named. The Executives of Enron are doing time in the pen for exactly the same antics the aforementioned individuals named yet we don't even have a congressional investigation into who/why Freddy/Fannie failed. Then we bail out a failed Fannie and Freddy without addressing the very policies that caused the problem in the first place. This is pure lunacy.

When a corporation is bankrupt, basically it is either restructured or dissolved. In the case of Freddy/Fanny, they have done neither and unless the root cause is corrected, history will repeat itself. Freddy and Fanny should be dissolved. All of it's executives and those who appointed them should be investigated and adjudicated.

Oh yeah...Alex, I agree that there should be respect for the President no matter which party is in charge. The behavior toward our Presidents as of late is unacceptable.
Old 11-10-2008, 07:51 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 550i Jet Black on Black Leather, SAT with Paddles, Logic 7, Comfort Seats, NAV, Sport Package, PDC, Xenons, Sirius, Trinity 12W LED Angel Eyes, RPi GT Exhaust, M rear spoiler, ACS Roof Spoiler, Tinted Tail Lights, Bimmian Carbon Fiber Pillar Trim, Bimmian Shadow 550i emblem, RPi Scoop, E60 Forum Cling, Mtec bulbs in fog lights, Mtec 2W LED for License Plate Light Bulbs, K&N Filter, Bimmian LED Smoked Side Markers, Blackout roundels, Carbon Fiber Kidney Grills. Retired Rides - 1989 325i convertible, 1995 M3, 2002 X5, 2005 545i, 2008 X5 (Lemon)

In this day and age, it seems most people are pointing their fingers when they don't have them firmly planted in their ears!! (or elsewhere!)
Old 11-10-2008, 09:12 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 08 550 Carbon Sport Almost everything factory, but no sound upgrades.

Someone above used the word greedy. I have a problem with that.

I have a BMW 550. Lot of folks would say I am greedy because I have ?more than I need?.

Some guy in CA has an M5. By that logic, I might think he is greedy, because I think he doesn?t need an M5 ? that is more than he needs.

Who needs a lambo? Do we take that away because it?s too much and he doesn?t need it?

Point is ? who will decide how much stuff is too much stuff for someone else to have.

Maybe we spend too much time digging around in the other guy?s pocket.