Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

WSJ: The Treatment of Bush Has Been a Disgrace

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2008, 11:47 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: '05 545 Titanium Silver, Black Leather - Nav, Logic 7, Cold weather. Mods: Carbon filter removed. M5 iDrive knob. Umnitza license plate LEDs. MP3 40% 3M tint ACS Anti-Roll(sway) bars RPI Scoop G-tech Pro RR CF Roundels CF Wheel caps

What's been more of a disgrace is his treatment of the constitution. It's embarasing that he went two terms. He has to take criticism when in the top spot you can't just expect everyone to stay silent when you abuse a position like that.
Old 11-05-2008, 11:55 AM
Contributors

My Ride: .
Model Year: .

Originally Posted by Brit_in_NJ' post='713185' date='Nov 5 2008, 02:47 PM
What's been more of a disgrace is his treatment of the constitution. It's embarasing that he went two terms. He has to take criticism when in the top spot you can't just expect everyone to stay silent when you abuse a position like that.
I concur Rich
Old 11-05-2008, 12:12 PM
Contributors

Guys...what the article addresses is not culpability, but treatment of the President and the shameless transparency of respect, which has gone beyond tasteless.

As the commander in chief, he has to take some responsibility, no question about it.

I'll be the first one in line when it comes to criticizing his decision to grow the Federal govt., enter into a war without an exit strategy, and so on. But keep in mind that unlike other countries, the limits on executive power begin and end, for the most part, on the steps of Congress, without which we never would be in Iraq and never would have the Dept. of Homeland Security.

Getting back on track, this article talks less about his responsibility, than what the author claims is to show "to the world how disloyal we can be when our president needed loyalty -- a shameful display of arrogance and weakness that will haunt this nation long after Mr. Bush has left the White House."

It's a sign of the times when we can disrespect the Clinton or Bush presidency as much as we have in the past 16 years.
Old 11-05-2008, 12:14 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 08 550 Carbon Sport Almost everything factory, but no sound upgrades.

Seems like it is over ? I would hope folks would realize that and live with it.

We spend so damn much time and effort trying to figure out WHO was wrong, that the WHAT was wrong, gets ignored and just keeps on being wrong.

It?s too bad that blame is always hind-site.
Old 11-05-2008, 01:08 PM
Contributors

My Ride: '05 545 Titanium Silver, Black Leather - Nav, Logic 7, Cold weather. Mods: Carbon filter removed. M5 iDrive knob. Umnitza license plate LEDs. MP3 40% 3M tint ACS Anti-Roll(sway) bars RPI Scoop G-tech Pro RR CF Roundels CF Wheel caps

If you act with such disrespect to people then those people are going to disrespect you in return...is that any surprise? I hope the world does know we are not all loyally behind him because that would cause us many more problems going into the future. He was priveliged to hold that office, the office of president is what we respect not the person in it.

If it's a sign of the times that people will not just follow someone blindly then I'm all for it.

We have a legacy of many issues to deal with, disregarding who is at fault, it's not over...
Old 11-05-2008, 02:25 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011, E90 M3 Sedan. Alpine White.Competition package, Keyhole cover, fender reflectors in Alpine white, RPI Exhaust, 19

Our country is broke! lol I think that kinda speaks for itself, no? Correct me if I'm wrong, cause I'm not too good at politics.
Old 11-05-2008, 03:11 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by melimel' post='713298
Correct me if I'm wrong, cause I'm not too good at politics.
Mel, like most things in life, the correct answer is more complicated than a quick soundbite or a smartass answer.

There's plenty of blame to be placed and an honest analysis will include a rogues gallery of greedy lenders, de-regulation of a greedy industry, consumers jumping at easy money, speculators, hedge funds buying what we now understand as unsecured paper, and general fiscally unsound practices on every level.

Just a mess.

Unfortunately, those that are on the edge of retirement are the ones most affected and our hearts have to go out to those people.

For those that are still drawing a decent salary, this is a buyers market.
Old 11-05-2008, 05:03 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 08 550 Carbon Sport Almost everything factory, but no sound upgrades.

+1 alex ? good sense comments.

In your list of suspects, I would have included politicians.
Old 11-05-2008, 05:05 PM
Contributors

My Ride: E90 M3
Model Year: 2011

Originally Posted by sixcard' post='713399' date='Nov 5 2008, 08:03 PM
+1 alex ? good sense comments.

In your list of suspects, I would have included politicians.
+1
Old 11-05-2008, 05:22 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by alexf9496' post='713337' date='Nov 5 2008, 04:11 PM
de-regulation of a greedy industry
Thanks guys.

The quip re. deregulation was a stab at the good for nothing politicians.

Quick Reply: WSJ: The Treatment of Bush Has Been a Disgrace