Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

WOW! SOME Cop's are amazing!

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2008, 10:36 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

what a PRICK!! he mustve been teased in school...
Old 09-25-2008, 11:26 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 E60 530i Color: Jet Black/Black Anthracite STEP | Sport | Premium | NAV | Logic 7 EXTERIOR: M-Tech Kit | M5 Mirrors, Trunk Finisher | Jet Black Kidney Surrounds | Madico Charcool Tint 54%, 35% LIGHTING: Euro-Headlights | Euro-LCI Tail Lights | AiB V3.0 | Solaris Invisi-bulbs | OEM LED Plate Lights PERFORMANCE: Porterfield R4-S Brake Pads | K&N Air Filter WHEELS & SUSPENSION: Work VS-XX 20x9, 20x10 | Toyo T1R 245/30/20, Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 295/25/20 | KW V2 Coilovers | Rogue Engineering 15mm Spacers

Wow. That's some bullshit. Do you have that officer's ID number on the ticket? You should file a complaint. I don't believe he has the right to make empty threats of impounding your car just because you have some fix-it violations, let alone make you remove your tints on the spot. Maybe some of our members affiliated with agencies can chime in?
Old 09-25-2008, 12:50 PM
Members

i got tinted window tickets b 4.. i just paid it off... like forget taking them off and repaying for them! its only 80 dollars
Old 09-25-2008, 01:48 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 BMW 528i

That's all I wanted was a ticket, so I can leave. That wasn't an option tho, it was take the $700 dollar fine and get it towed to my house. I still a shocker to me, it feel odd driving with clear windows.
Old 09-25-2008, 02:59 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: Silver/Grey E60

Uzzle.. You did the right thing by being a better person. Im in law enforcement (federal) and encounter street cops all the time. While I respect the danger they put them selves in on a daily basis... there is no need for them to have an attitude. The best thing to do is keep your mouth shut and let the cops rant and rave. The more resistance you show... the more they believe they have probable cause to search your car. Just think if you would have said "Sir.. actually you're right I was thinking a lighter tint would look better on my car". WTF could he say then.

Just some food for thought....

EDIT:

I just noticed that someone suggested taking down a badge number and making a complaint. Street cops actually hear this about 15 times a day. Often agencies don't even use the badge number for a report since each officer can be assigned a different number for reporting purposes. A better way to approach this is to simply ask for and write down the officers name. Then ask for the name of his first line supervisor or watch commander. Directly calling a supervisor is the best way approach this. Filling an offical complaint just goes into a cops file and nothing may happen at all.
Old 09-25-2008, 04:49 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Mach5 05' 530i Black Sapphire Metallic w/Auburn Leather Seats, Heated Front/Rear Seats, Cold Weather Pkg, Premium Pkg, Sports Pkg, Xenon Headlights, NAV, Mud Flaps, 20" 166 Style Rims
Model Year: 2005
Engine: N54

Originally Posted by e60insd' post='678367' date='Sep 25 2008, 06:59 PM
Uzzle.. You did the right thing by being a better person. Im in law enforcement (federal) and encounter street cops all the time. While I respect the danger they put them selves in on a daily basis... there is no need for them to have an attitude. The best thing to do is keep your mouth shut and let the cops rant and rave. The more resistance you show... the more they believe they have probable cause to search your car. Just think if you would have said "Sir.. actually you're right I was thinking a lighter tint would look better on my car". WTF could he say then.

EDIT:

I just noticed that someone suggested taking down a badge number and making a complaint. Street cops actually hear this about 15 times a day. Often agencies don't even use the badge number for a report since each officer can be assigned a different number for reporting purposes. A better way to approach this is to simply ask for and write down the officers name. Then ask for the name of his first line supervisor or watch commander. Directly calling a supervisor is the best way approach this. Filling an offical complaint just goes into a cops file and nothing may happen at all.

Have you ever heard of towing a vehicle due to tint? I'm with a state agency and its nothing more that a vehicle repair order! I guess every state has its own traffic articles, however, sounds like a bad day or harrassment. :thumbsdown: Either way it leaves a bad taste in the mouth of the public for law enforcement everywhere.

Follow e60insd's advice:
Just think if you would have said "Sir.. actually you're right I was thinking a lighter tint would look better on my car". WTF could he say then. A better way to approach this is to simply ask for and write down the officers name. Then ask for the name of his first line supervisor or watch commander. Directly calling a supervisor is the best way approach this. Filling an offical complaint just goes into a cops file and nothing may happen at all.

Old 09-25-2008, 04:50 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Mach5 05' 530i Black Sapphire Metallic w/Auburn Leather Seats, Heated Front/Rear Seats, Cold Weather Pkg, Premium Pkg, Sports Pkg, Xenon Headlights, NAV, Mud Flaps, 20" 166 Style Rims

Originally Posted by e60insd' post='678367' date='Sep 25 2008, 06:59 PM

EDIT:

Has anyone every bothered you for your tint? I've got 30% and never stopped for it.
Old 09-25-2008, 04:59 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: Silver/Grey E60

Renaldo.. were you referring to me as far as being harassed about tint...

I have never been bothered but I only have 50% all the way around.

IMHO... tint is just an excuse for "probable cause". If a cop wants to pull you over they can find a reason. The ultimate accomplishment for an officer is a Serach Incident to Arrest. This is when they pull someone over for something like tint... search the person or car.. and find something juciy to arrest them on. Again.. I have nothing but respect for patrol officers, a bunch of kindness goes a long way to getting out of things.
Old 09-25-2008, 05:03 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by e60insd' post='678459' date='Sep 25 2008, 08:59 PM
Renaldo.. were you referring to me as far as being harassed about tint...

I have never been bothered but I only have 50% all the way around.

IMHO... tint is just an excuse for "probable cause". If a cop wants to pull you over they can find a reason. The ultimate accomplishment for an officer is a Serach Incident to Arrest. This is when they pull someone over for something like tint... search the person or car.. and find something juciy to arrest them on. Again.. I have nothing but respect for patrol officers, a bunch of kindness goes a long way to getting out of things.
Preaching to the Choir!
Old 09-27-2008, 06:24 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: BMW 535xi
Model Year: 2008

We get sun 330 days every year and at 6000 ft elevation it is intense. I have 50% Pinnacle tint and have never been stopped. I love it. For me, tint is for sun protection.