Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

wire transfer payments

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2010, 06:57 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2012 535i M package

Hello guys

Yesterday my mother went to the bank to wire a transfer for me, but she was going to pay off a bank loan.. she got confused since both loans are almost the same and she paid the wrong loan via wire transfer to citi bank, big mistake we all got confused because of the mortgage company, today the bank closed my loan since its "paid".. but the wrong loan, I called the bank and they told me to mail a letter with a check and explanation in order to reactivate my loan and get a refund..
has anyone had any experience on something similar? can I get my money back it was almost 100k
Old 12-16-2010, 07:20 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by solrac6262
Hello guys

Yesterday my mother went to the bank to wire a transfer for me, but she was going to pay off a bank loan.. she got confused since both loans are almost the same and she paid the wrong loan via wire transfer to citi bank, big mistake we all got confused because of the mortgage company, today the bank closed my loan since its "paid".. but the wrong loan, I called the bank and they told me to mail a letter with a check and explanation in order to reactivate my loan and get a refund..
has anyone had any experience on something similar? can I get my money back it was almost 100k
If at all possible you should both go the a branch of bank that received the wire transfer (Citi) and meet with a bank officer to start resolving the error. Be sure to bring complete and current photo identification. This isn't going to be handled by phone calls - so if not practical to go face to face use email or snail mail and KEEP COPIES OF EVERYTHING YOU WRITE & SEND!
Old 12-16-2010, 08:19 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2012 535i M package

Originally Posted by luigi524td
If at all possible you should both go the a branch of bank that received the wire transfer (Citi) and meet with a bank officer to start resolving the error. Be sure to bring complete and current photo identification. This isn't going to be handled by phone calls - so if not practical to go face to face use email or snail mail and KEEP COPIES OF EVERYTHING YOU WRITE & SEND!
thanks for info, I did call Citi couple of times, talk to some supervisors both told me to send the letter to some offices in Iowa, they told me that they don't have a telephone number, I ask for the information on email and he told me he was no able to send emails.. but tomorrow I'll do that, and stop at a branch.. thanks again
Old 12-22-2010, 07:01 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 04 545i - Titanium Silver/Black, Sport pkg, Comfort Seats w/ Lumbar, Premium Sound, power rear sunshade, Adaptive Xenon Headlights, Steptronic, Park Distance Control, Fold down rear seats w/ski bag, Aux jack, 6-disk changer, puddle lamps... Engine: Custom Remus cat-back exhaust w/chrome square tips, K&N Air Filter, Charcoal Filter Removed, Sprint Booster :-), 50/50 mix of 91+100 Octane, EuroRev ECU Remap (coming soon lol), Dinan High-Flow Throttle Body (coming soon...maybe lol) Interior: Portable Sirius Stilletto 100 w/car kit, Garmin Nuvi 680 mounted below rear-view mirror, LCI-style I-drive knob, Dark Poplar Center Dashboard Trim. Exterior: E60 forum clings, 5% rear tint, ACS roof spoiler (painted black for distinct look against limo tint), ACS trunk spoiler, ACS add-on front spoiler and rear apron (awaiting installation), "18 Black Staggered BeBeS Style OER (emergency replacement for cracked sport 124 rims), black kidney grill, white accessory lighting (including license and trunk lamps), Angel-eye upgrade, AIB xenon-matched fog lamps, AIB V3's on order, red rear reflectors

With that amount of cash involved, if no resolution is swiftly given by the bank, you may have to involve an attorney and start using regulatory agencies.