5Series.net - Forums

5Series.net - Forums (https://5series.net/forums/)
-   Lounge (https://5series.net/forums/lounge-5/)
-   -   What's your choice? (https://5series.net/forums/lounge-5/whats-your-choice-48321/)

BetterMakeWay 12-13-2007 12:32 AM

Hey i don't know if this has been already covered but here goes.

Please also state your reasons.

Also wanted to ask you PS3 users, how many of oyu have a Sony Blu-Ray player besides the PS3, and if you have why did you choose so considering PS3 has blu-ray support.

Let's see what's what now.Thanx.

pinguhk 12-13-2007 02:02 AM

Now I have xbox 360 and a wii but will never buy a ps3 cos itis Sony and there is not a good set of games
By the way you put the old xbox
I think you mean xbox360
I like 360 the most cos the games are good more to do than just play games, play vid and mp3 from my computer, video confrnce free to any were in the world.
I have over 50 games now.

BetterMakeWay 12-13-2007 02:31 AM

Yes, sorry i ment 360.

I just got a Wii, but was literally one step away from getting also a ps3.

alex123 12-13-2007 06:03 AM

I'm not hardcore gamer and voted for PS3, but I own both PS3 and Wii and like them both, Wii has more fun factor. PS3 I use in my home theater's 100" screen as BLUE RAy player, picture viewer, video streamer, Internet Browser etc.

nigxdoof 12-13-2007 07:11 AM

I have the PS3 and the WII, but I voted for the xbox 360.

Currently, the games on 360 are far more fun and exciting than the PS3 lineup.

That is why I would get it. but I'm sure Ps3 games are going to catch up and surpass 360 eventually... I dont know when that is.

If you are patient, get the ps3, but if you want quality games (gears of war, halo, project gotham, ETC) then get the 360.

As for ps3, I can't wait for Grand theft auto 4. And Gran Turismo PS3. I believe they have c all of duty 4 for both platforms, but a game like that is best played on a PC.

Enjoy.

Heloha 12-13-2007 07:18 AM

Don't know if this is world wide but in Southern California there is a major wii phenominon going on eventhough they have been out over a year! They are very hard to find at suggested retail price as they sell out as fast as they come in... ebay retailers have them at 50-100% mark up (as much as $550!!!). Luckily 2 Sunday's ago, my wife found out Best Buy had them advertised in the Sunday paper and their policy is if its advertised they have to have a least a few in stock when the store opens. I got there at 5:30am and was 6th in line. At 10:00am when the store opened, I was one of 25 that got one. Yes kids, there will be joy in our household this holiday season! :P

ImolaRedM 12-13-2007 07:24 AM

I have a Wii for the "kids" and games are more entertaining on the Wii than they are on other consoles. However, I can see a PS3 in my future as well.

alpinewhite 12-13-2007 07:34 AM

ps3 for gran turismo 5. played the demo at a gamestop and fell in love with it ^_^

flyingpuck 12-13-2007 08:26 AM

We opted for the Wii (no pun intended), it offered great simple games we all know and it is fun enough to get EVERYONE immediately involved, not just the kids. Grandparents are playing with grandchildren etc. It is also the only game system that gives you a workout of sorts.....the next morning most of us woke up sore from the activity, and not the typical hand/wrist type of stuff, it was arms, legs, back and shoulders. :wacko: We just have a great time with it. Though if you are a hardcore gamer, or like the best graphics etc. you should look elsewhere. :thumbsup:

UUronL 12-13-2007 04:07 PM

Wii.

Why did I buy one? Because the first time I played one, a feeling returned that I hadn't felt in a long time. It felt like I was playing video games for the first time again.