Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

What your car says about you!

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2009, 02:30 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Below I have included the latest "What Your Car Says About You" article from FORBES. i took the time to make it all nice and it is all inclusive in this thread, because FORBES website sucks and you have to click through articles.

Now the challange... They left out BMW. Maybe because we have the worst reputation and everyone already thinks we are douches. BUT... can YOU write a short paragraph about "BMW 5 Series" Drivers and include a picture?

I think this could be funny, and it could get people involved. hopefully we all get a few good laughs... or you all realize that I have no life and this thread is going nowhere.

either way, though I would share the idea! I know that BMW drivers love talking about themselves, so lets do this.

Only rule is, dont quote my OP. too big to look at more then once

Lexus

Lexus owners are wealthy and well educated. A full 71% boast a college degree, by far the highest rate of Toyota's three brands (the flagship brand's rate is 60%; the youth-focused Scion's rate is 50%). With a median age of 56 and a marriage rate of 75%, most Lexus owners are settled down.

Mini Cooper

Mini owners are sophisticated and wealthy, boasting a median income around $125,000. Beyond that, they're a tough bunch to pin down, demographically speaking. "It's a certain mindset," says Nathalie Bauters, a spokesperson for Mini USA. "People who relate to the brand, there's no age to that." She says owners fall into four categories: brand enthusiasts, who relish the car's British racing roots; design aficionados, who like the car's simple elegance; social butterflies, who want to be part of the Mini community; and gas misers, who crave the Mini's fuel efficiency.

SCION

With a median age of 37, Toyota's youth-targeted brand has a very youthful owner base indeed. In terms of individual models, the Scion tC coupe has the youngest median buyer age in the industry: 25. The brand also brings a lot of first-time buyers to Toyota's fold--as was intended by the company. "One of Scion's main goals is to bring new buyers to our company," says Toyota's Greg Thome. "With 76% of buyers being new, it accomplishes that goal."

Toyota

A quintessential family brand, one in four Toyotas belongs to a household with children under age 18. The median age of owners is 55; 70% are married. Though 60% of Toyota owners have a college degree, that's slightly less than the 71% rate of the company's Lexus line.

Rolls-Royce

Unsurprisingly, extreme wealth is the only consistent demographic for Rolls-Royce owners. "The one common thread that all our customers share is a passion for life," says Rolls Royce's Karen Vonder Meulen. "Most truly love cars." Well-known owners range from royals to rappers. Recording artist T-Pain, who ranks No. 9 on Forbes' Hip-Hop Cash Kings list, owns North America's first Rolls-Royce Drophead. The fire-engine-red coupe boasts a 12-cylinder, 453-horsepower engine and a top speed of 150 miles per hour. Base price: $435,000.

Bentley

The Bentley trademark screams wealth, but in a softer voice than some of its competitors. "Our cars aren't as brash as some other performance car manufacturers," says Stuart McCullough, a Bentley board member. "We tend to be understated, quintessentially English. That reflects the mood and style of our customers." A Bentley also reflects its owner's bank account: typically flush with at least $5 million in investable assets.

Chevrolet

On top of all the challenges facing Detroit automakers, Chevy must find a way to deal with the fact that its owners have a reputation for being behind the times, to put it nicely. Strategic Vision's 2009 New Vehicle Experience Study found that 13% of Chevy owners have never used the Web. By contrast, only 3% of Honda owners remain in the technological Stone Age. While 70% of Honda owners boast a college degree or higher, only 35% of Chevy owners can say the same.