Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

What is the best mobile phone with Wi-Fi?

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2009, 01:13 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: E61 CarbonBlack 535d, Ventilated and Heated Comfort Seats with Massage in Black Nasca Leather, Dark Poplar Wood, Professional Navi, Folding Rear Seats, Load Through, Advanced Remote, PDC, Bluetooth, Dimming and folding Mirrors, Bi-Xenons, Hi-Fi, Tinted

Hi guys, I wanted to let you know that I got iPhone 3GS by accident. I also got Nokia E52 some time ago. Both phones are great and very capable. I've been using E52 for 2 months and now switched to iPhone. Do you know why? Seamless data 3G/Wi-Fi use, quick text using, copy-paste feature, stunning browser and the whole world of applications. Nokia has a better battery (5x better really) and phone features are one-word *perfect*, it has much better sound quality too! iPhone lacks this but somehow it's more fun using and seems to be better in the long run. One of the few things against iPhone is the email client which doesn't allow "mark all as read".

So I would conclude that both phones are really great, Nokia has made an outstanding phone that costs 1/3 of iPhone, has a better camera (with flash) and lasts much longer charged. On the other hand, E52 build quality is medium to low. iPhone has some problems too but better wi-fi reception and easy networks switching make him a winner this time!

Important thing - both work in E60 Bluetoothed
Old 12-16-2009, 02:30 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by hondik' post='1034149' date='Oct 16 2009, 03:06 PM
What would you choose for emails, browsing and voip calling.

1] Iphone 3GS seems still like a nice toy more than serious tool. I like its browser user-friendliness though.
>Decent for the money, all around a good phone, but iTunes is a hassle if you're a windows user. And you're forced to submit Steve Job's will. Nonetheless, I do enjoy my 3G, until I trade it in.

2] Nokia E52 looks nice! Symbian S60 3rd edition can have bugs though (just returning E55 after 1 minute of using - displayed "Phone start-up failed. Please contact your retailer.) But E52 has a long-lasting memory and it's light!
>Haven't had a chance to read up on it.

3] Nokia N900 looks nice too but couldn't try it as it is still very new.
>Resistive Touchscreen which is a big downer for me. But its' fast, and VERY customizable. You can only use the phone in LANDSCAPE mode (except for dialing, that tilts to portrait).

4] Blackberry - never tried any of them but they are popular in US, which one is good - Blackberry Bold?
>Tried the storm, hated it, all blackberries i hate. I can't get used to the keyboard or the overall GUI.

5] Nokia N97 (mini) - reviewers say it's a slow phone and 3GS is better.
Ever since the N95 the phones have become slower, but they're pretty well built for just media.

6] Palm Pre - what do you think?
>Disgusting.
What else? What do you use?
iPhone 3G, but i'm trading it in for a HTC HD2. Amazing............AMAZING phone.
my $0.02. Hope its helpful, if not, sorry. lol
Old 12-16-2009, 01:49 PM
Contributors

My Ride: E61 CarbonBlack 535d, Ventilated and Heated Comfort Seats with Massage in Black Nasca Leather, Dark Poplar Wood, Professional Navi, Folding Rear Seats, Load Through, Advanced Remote, PDC, Bluetooth, Dimming and folding Mirrors, Bi-Xenons, Hi-Fi, Tinted

Originally Posted by ShadeZeRO' post='1074534' date='Dec 16 2009, 12:30 PM
HTC HD2 my $0.02. Hope its helpful, if not, sorry. lol
Sounds good I heard a lot about it, I'll check it out for sure!
Old 12-17-2009, 11:01 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 530i Sport Silver Gray - Black Leather - Anthracite Maple Manual Transmission Premium Audio Cold Weather Package Rear sunshade Sirius Radio Autobahnd Roadblock (3M) film kit

I have the Palm Pre. I use it quite often on airplanes with WiFi, and it's a great device and an even greater OS.

I know that it's GSM in EU.

I notice that you haven't mentioned any Android phones. You should strongly consider the Google phone, coming out in Q1 2010. It will be GSM, and carrier agnostic.

http://www.engadget.com/2009/12/13/the-goo...d-what-we-dont/
Old 01-15-2010, 05:14 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by UUronL' post='1075761' date='Dec 18 2009, 09:01 AM
I have the Palm Pre. I use it quite often on airplanes with WiFi, and it's a great device and an even greater OS.

I know that it's GSM in EU.

I notice that you haven't mentioned any Android phones. You should strongly consider the Google phone, coming out in Q1 2010. It will be GSM, and carrier agnostic.

http://www.engadget.com/2009/12/13/the-goo...d-what-we-dont/
I will check the Palm Pre out too. It seems like a very good device, in some ways better then the 3GS. I tried the Google phone but I didn't like it that much.
Old 01-15-2010, 05:43 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 550i sport

Originally Posted by zen68' post='1034333' date='Oct 16 2009, 06:39 PM
Absolutely agree.

I travel about once a month for business and the iPhone helps me:

1. Make cheap VoIP calls internationally (Skype)
2. Track the flight status (Flight Update)
3. Find good restaurants (Zagat)
4. Listen to internet radio (Wunder Radio)
5. Check my work mail and personal mail.
6. Watch the PGA live (PGA Tour)

Do I need to go on?
I may never own something other then an iphone as long as I am on plaent earth. That's what is so great about it. It flawlessly serves as a both a business tool, and has more apps to take your mind off work then you could ever imagine. This is what kids coming out of college are demanding not only to manufactures, but the companies they work for. The ways in which we communicate with each other are evolving. Any device, any time, anywhere communications. Get on board!
Old 01-17-2010, 12:07 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by -Mike-' post='1091662' date='Jan 16 2010, 03:43 AM
I may never own something other then an iphone as long as I am on plaent earth. That's what is so great about it. It flawlessly serves as a both a business tool, and has more apps to take your mind off work then you could ever imagine. This is what kids coming out of college are demanding not only to manufactures, but the companies they work for. The ways in which we communicate with each other are evolving. Any device, any time, anywhere communications. Get on board!
I like your comment! What about iPhone 4th gen.. is it coming out anytime soon? Otherwise I'll jump into 3GS.
Old 01-17-2010, 05:26 PM
Contributors

My Ride: See my signature

For pure email use and integration into business email, calendar and contacts functions, nothing beats Blackberry.

But......Blackberry's web browsing capabilities stink. It is years behind virtually all of its competitors.
Old 01-18-2010, 05:12 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by sdg1871' post='1092612' date='Jan 18 2010, 03:26 AM
For pure email use and integration into business email, calendar and contacts functions, nothing beats Blackberry.

But......Blackberry's web browsing capabilities stink. It is years behind virtually all of its competitors.
That's the thing - you need both Regarding web browsing nothing beats iPhone but its email client is somehow very basic, no "mark all as read" or "delete all" ..
Old 01-18-2010, 08:24 AM
Senior Members

For me its gotta be an Iphone 3GS, no other phone has the library of apps and simplicity of use. You can even get a BMW MPower app to tell you your 0-60 and G forces when driving .

I have downloaded the M Power app to my wifes, cant wait to try it.....

Quick Reply: What is the best mobile phone with Wi-Fi?