Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

Vail Ski Runs

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2009, 04:42 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: See my signature

Originally Posted by Rudy' post='1024565' date='Oct 4 2009, 08:40 PM
Admitting to channeling Brokeback Mountain may not be in your best interests...
Ha ha ha. If people think I was being serious then the joke's on them.
Old 10-04-2009, 06:06 PM
Contributors

My Ride: F90 M5 Singapore Grey Executive package blacked out grill, body matched paint
Model Year: 2019

Shoot!!! 2 seasons ago I rode 72 days 69 at heavenly 2 at kirkwood and once at sierra summit, last season cuz of work I only got to ride 12 :thumbsdown: now that I'm moving back full time I hope to get my days back up to at least 50-60(being self emloyed def helps) it's supposed to be a sweet season too!!! It's snowing in tahoe right now
Old 10-04-2009, 06:07 PM
Contributors

My Ride: F90 M5 Singapore Grey Executive package blacked out grill, body matched paint

Originally Posted by Rudy' post='1024565' date='Oct 4 2009, 05:40 PM
Admitting to channeling Brokeback Mountain may not be in your best interests...
haha
Old 10-04-2009, 06:14 PM
Contributors

My Ride: .
Model Year: .

Originally Posted by C's Bimmer' post='1024533' date='Oct 4 2009, 07:11 PM
Bro - Have you ever even seen snow?
It's white right? ... wait a minute, what kind of snow are you talkin' 'bout!?
Old 10-04-2009, 06:37 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

Originally Posted by skelevirus' post='1024608' date='Oct 4 2009, 10:06 PM
Shoot!!! 2 seasons ago I rode 72 days 69 at heavenly 2 at kirkwood and once at sierra summit, last season cuz of work I only got to ride 12 :thumbsdown: now that I'm moving back full time I hope to get my days back up to at least 50-60(being self emloyed def helps) it's supposed to be a sweet season too!!! It's snowing in tahoe right now
Kirkwood is one of my all time favorites areas to ski...
Old 10-04-2009, 07:23 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Silverstone II E60 M5 2012 E70 AW X5 50i Sport w/ LCI Aero Kit and Rocker Panels

Originally Posted by skelevirus' post='1024608' date='Oct 4 2009, 10:06 PM
Ha! You're my type of ski buddy . I had a house in Tahoe for many years and Kirkwood was my fav. For Tahoe (North Shore and South Lake), Kirkwood is the best. Steep and deep. Not the best snow in the country, but it sure does get a lot of it.
Old 10-04-2009, 07:59 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

Has Kirkwood become more crowded yet or is it still one of those "best kept secrets?"
Old 10-04-2009, 08:30 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Silverstone II E60 M5 2012 E70 AW X5 50i Sport w/ LCI Aero Kit and Rocker Panels

Originally Posted by Rudy' post='1024693' date='Oct 4 2009, 11:59 PM
Has Kirkwood become more crowded yet or is it still one of those "best kept secrets?"
Since Kirkwood is off the beaten path and sits in a valley where clouds tend to sit along the mountain tops and not move, other than dumping a plethora of snow during the winter, you have to be committed to going there. That said, it mainly attracts people that are willing to make the trek (advanced to expert skiiers/boarders) or folks that have a house in the area. Since it's not a resort like town, like some of the North Shore properties or Heavenly on the South, it still stays fairly quiet. However, regardless of skiing ability, it's still known by all to be one of the best mountains in all of Tahoe and even the country. This is mainly due to the amount of snow fall it gets each year and where it resides in the Sierra's. It's just like Utah. In the Valley where Snowbird and Alta sit, the clouds can dump 2-3x the amount of snow compared to the valley next door, which is home to Park City, Deer Valley and The Canyons. It's just one of those rare, strange weather phenomenons. During El Nino, Kirkwood has received top spot for snow accumulation; beating out such mountains as Wolf Creek in Colorado or Alta/Snowbird/Solitude. It's nuts. It is definitely one of my favorites, but the best snow in the country goes to Snowbird/Alta (or Utah for that matter); hence the reason they call it "Champagne Powder". The snow has the least amount of moisture content in it, of any place in the country. Favorite mountain in the US, not including Canada, is Jacksole Hole, followed by Alta and then Snowbird (I'm a skiier, so Alta is preferred over the Bird (no boarders allowed at Alta ). The only mountain I have yet to ski is Big Sky, Montana. Outside of that, I've skiied just about every state (New Mexico, Utah, Colorado, Idaho, Wyoming, Oregon, California...The east coast doesn't count, since they make their own snow ).

There are two places I want to ski before I die...South America (Chile) and New Zealand. Anyone ever skiied at either?
Old 10-04-2009, 08:38 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by C's Bimmer' post='1024728' date='Oct 4 2009, 09:30 PM
Since Kirkwood is off the beaten path and sits in a valley where clouds tend to sit along the mountain tops and not move, other than dumping a plethora of snow during the winter, you have to be committed to going there. That said, it mainly attracts people that are willing to make the trek (advanced to expert skiiers/boarders) or folks that have a house in the area. Since it's not a resort like town, like some of the North Shore properties or Heavenly on the South, it still stays fairly quiet. However, regardless of skiing ability, it's still known by all to be one of the best mountains in all of Tahoe and even the country. This is mainly due to the amount of snow fall it gets each year and where it resides in the Sierra's. It's just like Utah. In the Valley where Snowbird and Alta sit, the clouds can dump 2-3x the amount of snow compared to the valley next door, which is home to Park City, Deer Valley and The Canyons. It's just one of those rare, strange weather phenomenons. During El Nino, Kirkwood has received top spot for snow accumulation; beating out such mountains as Wolf Creek in Colorado or Alta/Snowbird/Solitude. It's nuts. It is definitely one of my favorites, but the best snow in the country goes to Snowbird/Alta (or Utah for that matter); hence the reason they call it "Champagne Powder". Favorite mountain in the US, not including Canada, is Jacksole Hole, followed by Alta and then Snowbird (I'm a skiier, so Alta is preferred over the Bird (no boarders allowed at Alta ). The only mountain I have yet to ski is Big Sky, Montana. Outside of that, I've skiied just about every state (New Mexico, Utah, Colorado, Idaho, Wyoming, Oregon, California...The east coast doesn't count, since they make their own snow ).

There are two places I want to ski before I die...South America (Chile) and New Zealand. Anyone ever skiied at either?
Right on C, u been to mt baker in wa, or whisler in canada? and Jackson hole is ridiculous!! I agree w u on the big sky trip that one is on my list for sure, my good bro is in new zeland right now and I can't wait to hear about it! Everything I've heard and read about chile is sweet, I can't remember the name of the resort right now but they have week long all inclusive package that's badass, and the weeks are themed.. Family week, singles week, Chilean wine week... It's sick!!
Old 10-04-2009, 08:48 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Rudy' post='1024693' date='Oct 4 2009, 08:59 PM
It's really hit or miss, like c said it's off the beaten path, last time I was there it was packed packed packed.. It was dec 23 soo... any of u guys ever wanna come out, ride and do a lil bit of drinkin haha hit me up!! I am more than down!

Quick Reply: Vail Ski Runs