Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

US not a big Fan on F1 sport

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2007, 05:28 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: Mini Cooper

Dose this mean they will not show it on US TV next year on speed or fox?
If so I will not be able to get it on the net apart from UK.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport...one/6760617.stm
Old 07-12-2007, 05:36 PM
Members
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: MY07 525xi Silver Gray
Model Year: 2007

No, F1 TV broadcast will still be on in which mostly will be live feed (only some 4 races maybe as "same-day-delay" due to some sort of TV network blackout agreement) but it'll be no US Grand Prix on 2008.

Unlike F1 race which still available on TV broadcast US no longer air WRC TV broadcast for at least the past few years. But we do get some DTM, British Touring Car and Australian Touring Car not as complete as few years ago but at least some
Old 07-12-2007, 05:55 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by BlaSTiWi' post='447011' date='Jul 13 2007, 09:36 AM
No, F1 TV broadcast will still be on in which mostly will be live feed (only some 4 races maybe as "same-day-delay" due to some sort of TV network blackout agreement) but it'll be no US Grand Prix on 2008.

Unlike F1 race which still available on TV broadcast US no longer air WRC TV broadcast for at least the past few years. But we do get some DTM, British Touring Car and Australian Touring Car not as complete as few years ago but at least some
that is abit sad, o well at lest we can get them on the net.
Dont the us like motor racing?
They sould start it cos itis big money in it.
There US driver but no us race cars, are US car realy that bad?
only good ina strat line and not good in cornering?
Old 07-13-2007, 06:56 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 545i; Manual Shifter

Being a resident of the US and a fanatic F1 fan, I have to say that I won't really miss the US GP at Indianapolis.
Formula 1 at the Indy track was never really accepted here. I remember the buzz it created when it first started in 2000. Fans of the Indy 500 were a bit disgruntled to see the F1 cars racing on their beloved track going clockwise around the banks. Boo *ucking hoo. Also, there wasn't much appeal with the manufacturers involved. The big names that draw the most attention in motorsports here are Ford, Chevrolet, and Dodge.

Anyway, it seems as if Bernie Ecclestone is doing a trial run to see how eliminating the US GP would affect Formula 1. The possibility of bringing F1 back to Indy is still open. However, Bernie stated himself that F1 doesn't need the US GP and that there are several other prospective countries showing interest.

If Formula 1 is to return here in the US, I think they should start on a new track. New York and Las Vegas, NV have been considered. Or perhaps an existing race track that is not an oval. Maybe Sebring or Laguna Seca.
Old 07-13-2007, 07:10 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Centurion' post='447251' date='Jul 13 2007, 10:56 PM
Being a resident of the US and a fanatic F1 fan, I have to say that I won't really miss the US GP at Indianapolis.
Formula 1 at the Indy track was never really accepted here. I remember the buzz it created when it first started in 2000. Fans of the Indy 500 were a bit disgruntled to see the F1 cars racing on their beloved track going clockwise around the banks. Boo *ucking hoo. Also, there wasn't much appeal with the manufacturers involved. The big names that draw the most attention in motorsports here are Ford, Chevrolet, and Dodge.

Anyway, it seems as if Bernie Ecclestone is doing a trial run to see how eliminating the US GP would affect Formula 1. The possibility of bringing F1 back to Indy is still open. However, Bernie stated himself that F1 doesn't need the US GP and that there are several other prospective countries showing interest.

If Formula 1 is to return here in the US, I think they should start on a new track. New York and Las Vegas, NV have been considered. Or perhaps an existing race track that is not an oval. Maybe Sebring or Laguna Seca.
well look on the bright side, hope F1 will go ahead with the night F1 race that will be the best just like the 24h race so cool.
Old 07-13-2007, 12:11 PM
Senior Members

Thats ok, Tony George does not deserve a F1 race at his track. Tony George is an asshole, who ruined open-wheel racing in the US. His awful IRL series is worthless, just a Nascar series with open-wheels. The IRL cars are by far the ugliest open-wheel race cars ever built. Not surprised he couldn't get an F1 deal down, he is a freaking moron. Down with Tony George!
Old 07-13-2007, 01:35 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

Old 07-13-2007, 02:57 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 550i SMG

I suspect there was a huge personality and ego clash with Bernie and Tony. I believe the sponsors all want a race in one of the world largest consumer markets.
Old 07-13-2007, 09:06 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Porsche 911 Carrera S Convertible. Midnight Blue, 6 Speed.Retired - 2007 997 Carrera S, Midnight Blue, Grey leather, premium audioRetired - 2007 550i, Monaco Blue over Beige, Navigation, Logic 7, Cold Weather Pack, Comfort Access, Sport Package
Model Year: 2008

Not that I'm a fan of Tony George either, but I find Bernie Ecclestone to be one of most loathsome individuals ever to walk on the face of the earth. A truly repulsive little dwarf who seems to have the most over developed cases of small man syndrome I've ever had the displeasure to witness.

Sorry to see F1 leave the US - I went to the last couple of GP here and I'll miss going next year.

The sooner the manufacturers find a way to cut Bernie out of F1 the better.
Old 07-16-2007, 11:07 AM
Senior Members

I attended the USGP this year for the first time and I was not impressed with the facility or the attendance. In 2000, there was 200K people in attendance, then 9/11 hurt attendance for 2001 and it has had a tough time recovering since then with the Schumacher team orders in 2004 and the tire problems in 2005. I expected more from Indy, the stands are a rusty and look to be in need of a major overhaul, the $150 seats I had were folding metal chairs. I was really looking forward to the oldest and largest racing facility in the world.

I have been going to the Canadian GP for the last few years and that is such a nice track and city. The Canadian GP sells out every year, so if you want to go, get your tickets early...