Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

US credit rating downgraded

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2011, 06:09 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 04 525i, 04 Dinan M3

That didn't take long, US credit rating downgraded.

http://money.cnn.com/2011/08/05/news...=BN1&hpt=hp_t1
Old 08-07-2011, 11:32 AM
Contributors

My Ride: My ex-ride: EU '08 LCI 520dA. Space Grey, Sport Seats in Black Leather/Fabric Anthracite, Sport Steering Wheel, A/C with Extended Features, Hi-Fi Speakers, Cup Holders, Cruise with Braking function, Folding Rear Seats, Xenons, Park Distance Control.

Originally Posted by tex_phil
Black Monday coming!

This is a bad, a very bad thing. Now even the Chinese growled about the US debt manners.
If the Chinese pull the plug, US is in deep wathers, as the whole western world.

As I see it, the Republicans has now taken the domestic policy, with the Boston Tea Party, way too far. :thumbsdown:

Just rise your taxes in a progressive manner, starting from some $ 50k a year incomes, 2-5 % will do it.
Do not save, but tax the super rich (1 mill and over) with a 50% tax for some years.
Old 08-07-2011, 12:49 PM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Originally Posted by tex_phil

It took waaaaaay too long! Still a better ranking than correct!
Old 08-07-2011, 10:27 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Alpine White 2006 530Xi (SLD)

Originally Posted by Ricracing
Black Monday coming!

This is a bad, a very bad thing. Now even the Chinese growled about the US debt manners.
If the Chinese pull the plug, US is in deep wathers, as the whole western world.

As I see it, the Republicans has now taken the domestic policy, with the Boston Tea Party, way too far. :thumbsdown:

Just rise your taxes in a progressive manner, starting from some $ 50k a year incomes, 2-5 % will do it.
Do not save, but tax the super rich (1 mill and over) with a 50% tax for some years.
What an ignorant comment. Didn't expect it from you. But I know, over there in Finland, the news are heavily skewed against the U.S. It is, it's a fact, my friend. You may argue, but it's just the way it is - you guys are being scared into believing this fantasy that the U.S. actually can go under. It's simply immature, yet somehow the mass media in Finland seems to have a lot of people convinced. I have to admit, I may be wrong on this - I go by what I hear from people I know, who live in Finland.

Anyway, just think about what you're saying. So suppose Chinese do pull the plug - so friggin what? Who's gonna buy their products?! The only reason this "plug" is even there is because it finances their own growth. They are artificially inflating their own economy, while the U.S. is simply in the right place at the right time. Like so many times before.

Black Monday?! Maybe in Europe. All U.S. treasuries rose Sunday evening. Keep listening to that mass media - you'll end up paying for your next 5er not with Euros, but with the new global currency...
Old 08-07-2011, 10:27 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Iceman
It took waaaaaay too long! Still a better ranking than correct!
At least this one you don't have to pay for, so keep to your side of the pond
Old 08-08-2011, 10:46 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 04 525i, 04 Dinan M3

Hit -600
Old 08-08-2011, 11:24 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

Originally Posted by Ricracing
Black Monday coming!

I don't agre that China would ever "pull the plug", as it would ruin economies all over the globe - including their domestic economy.

That said, you are correct, the right wing nut bags are commandeering the economy for their own gain and everyone's loss. It's what happens when a bunch of lunatics within a party run the party.

Taxes should be raised, the more bullshit I read about "lower taxes free the 'job creators' to create jobs" the more I think this country is becoming an country of fools. U.S. corporations are sitting on trillions of dollars in profits, still sending jobs overseas and our own economy remains in the shitter. The facts are clear, much as many would love to deny it, government spending boosts the economy like nothing in the private sector. If they could get rid of the Bush tax cuts and focus spending on things that need to be done, such as our crumbling infrastructure, we could build our way out of the mess. Instead they want to cut Planned Parenthood, heating assistance for the poor, early education programs - which combined don't cost what it costs us to be in Afghanistan for a month. Simply ridiculous.
Old 08-09-2011, 08:31 AM
Contributors

usual suspects, usual posts...

Old 08-09-2011, 08:34 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by craigm1841
usual suspects, usual posts...

T-mack

True though... very true
Old 08-10-2011, 12:48 PM
Contributors

My Ride: My ex-ride: EU '08 LCI 520dA. Space Grey, Sport Seats in Black Leather/Fabric Anthracite, Sport Steering Wheel, A/C with Extended Features, Hi-Fi Speakers, Cup Holders, Cruise with Braking function, Folding Rear Seats, Xenons, Park Distance Control.

Originally Posted by v_therussian
What an ignorant comment. Didn't expect it from you. But I know, over there in Finland, the news are heavily skewed against the U.S.
Dear friend, I'm not against US, only a person trying to understand the global finance. But not only US administrates it! New players like China are involved, and they are not very happy now.

Just wondering why the Rebulicans don't see the facts? Politics, yes, but good only for the filty rich!
We just had three years ago a mayor resession do to gready bankers (mostly from US) creating suprime investment instruments that where illusions and we are now getting the "W".

I also admit the the EU problems are involved starting from the Greek goverment deception.
But the Irish and Portugese big problems are mostly do to US LB and the fake houseloans.

The Spainish and Italian finacial problems (and maybe Belgium and France) are also a reason why the stocks drop.

Markets rule.

Quick Reply: US credit rating downgraded