Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

Unconventional Wisdom

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2009, 02:59 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550i Jet Black on Black Leather, SAT with Paddles, Logic 7, Comfort Seats, NAV, Sport Package, PDC, Xenons, Sirius, Trinity 12W LED Angel Eyes, RPi GT Exhaust, M rear spoiler, ACS Roof Spoiler, Tinted Tail Lights, Bimmian Carbon Fiber Pillar Trim, Bimmian Shadow 550i emblem, RPi Scoop, E60 Forum Cling, Mtec bulbs in fog lights, Mtec 2W LED for License Plate Light Bulbs, K&N Filter, Bimmian LED Smoked Side Markers, Blackout roundels, Carbon Fiber Kidney Grills. Retired Rides - 1989 325i convertible, 1995 M3, 2002 X5, 2005 545i, 2008 X5 (Lemon)

Originally Posted by melimel' post='991569' date='Aug 28 2009, 11:28 AM
no..lol.. boobs..lol
Pics or ban!!
Old 08-28-2009, 03:12 PM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Originally Posted by flyingpuck' post='991848' date='Aug 29 2009, 12:59 AM
Pics or ban!!
Yeah, agreed!
Old 09-01-2009, 10:19 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Alpine White 2006 530Xi (SLD)

Originally Posted by craigm1841' post='991837' date='Aug 28 2009, 06:49 PM
I'll bite.

you have taken "live for the moment" out of context. YOU as a consumer and one that desires materialistic things may think this, and having some intelligence you managed to look outside of your box. the problem is you didnt look outside of YOUR box.

Someone who doesn't neccessarily care for material things (yes there are people like that my BMW friends) would not relate to your opinion at all, but that doesn't mean "live for the moment" isnt directed at them. Live for the moment was never intended to be directed at consumers. As an American I too often see people "living for the moment" in the light you describe it, yes. Not worrying about the credit card debt tomorrow, not worrying about the calories tomorrow, etc.

However, When I am backpacking, Sitting on a beach, excersising, out cruising in my car, playing my guitar, with my friends, with my family I AM "living for the moment" because at those times, nothing else matters.

Try telling a cancer patient to not live for the moment

rops Mic like Chris Rock:
icks up the mic

-is this thing on?
Unfortunately, most people do not see the line separating the "backpacking, Sitting on a beach, excersising, out cruising in my car, playing my guitar, with my friends, with my family" from "screw it all - tomorrow may never come" mentality. And that, my BMW friend , is the direct result of commercializing philosophy, subliminal messaging through advertising and carefully targeted PR. That is also why we find ourselves in one of the most developed countries in the world, but with localities where internet is viewed as evil and people get pissed at you if you show that you have an iPhone - not because of envy, but because they "hate the damned thing" (I was actually told that verbatim by a fellar out in the boonies of PA just this past weekend).

Every thieving bureaucrat and each lazy government worker who wastes his/her own time procrastinating at work, while ruining lives of people who depend on his/her paper-pushing is thinking "I have to enjoy every second of my life, because it is so precious", precariously, thereby depleting any value from their life and nearing closer yet to equating themselves to a total nil.

It has been said that "with great knowledge comes great responsibility", and "live in the moment" as a piece of knowledge is an immense responsibility, because it carries a risk to all life in itself, if misused, and therefore cannot possibly be trivialized. And yet, in today's culture this philosophy is trivialized to the point that "living in the moment" is a foregone conclusion and not too many people stop to think what would actually happen if everyone always lived in the moment.

:throws the mic up in the air in hopes that someone would catch it
Old 09-01-2009, 10:23 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by melimel' post='991373
This is why we all love Mel around here, she's one of the guys! Did you scratch your balls too Mel??
Originally Posted by melimel' post='991569
Pics or ban!!
Originally Posted by Iceman' post='991860' date='Aug 28 2009, 07:12 PM
Yeah, agreed!
I rest my case
Old 09-02-2009, 08:25 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 545i, Sport and Premium package, Titanium Silver with Black Dakota Leather interior

Originally Posted by v_therussian' post='995657' date='Sep 2 2009, 02:19 AM
icks up the mic

-is this thing on?
Unfortunately, most people do not see the line separating the "backpacking, Sitting on a beach, excersising, out cruising in my car, playing my guitar, with my friends, with my family" from "screw it all - tomorrow may never come" mentality. And that, my BMW friend , is the direct result of commercializing philosophy, subliminal messaging through advertising and carefully targeted PR. That is also why we find ourselves in one of the most developed countries in the world, but with localities where internet is viewed as evil and people get pissed at you if you show that you have an iPhone - not because of envy, but because they "hate the damned thing" (I was actually told that verbatim by a fellar out in the boonies of PA just this past weekend).

Every thieving bureaucrat and each lazy government worker who wastes his/her own time procrastinating at work, while ruining lives of people who depend on his/her paper-pushing is thinking "I have to enjoy every second of my life, because it is so precious", precariously, thereby depleting any value from their life and nearing closer yet to equating themselves to a total nil.

It has been said that "with great knowledge comambition, es great responsibility", and "live in the moment" as a piece of knowledge is an immense responsibility, because it carries a risk to all life in itself, if misused, and therefore cannot possibly be trivialized. And yet, in today's culture this philosophy is trivialized to the point that "living in the moment" is a foregone conclusion and not too many people stop to think what would actually happen if everyone always lived in the moment.

:throws the mic up in the air in hopes that someone would catch it
Caught the mic... swinging it around, sippin Cisco, and probably gonna blur the lines of common sense and sensibility.

Religion and Consumerism are the topics of most suckers. Curiosity and research could free the massess, but self-discovery eludes the masses so Billie Mays and Joel Osteen fill in the blanks. These are the same people that vote for our legislators. No wonder they depend so much on campaign contributions and spend so much on advertisements.
Old 09-02-2009, 09:40 PM
Contributors

I should remind everyone that this is still a thread by V The Russian, and as such, will be incomplete without tits and ass, hence:

Old 09-03-2009, 05:08 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 540i
Model Year: 2017

Originally Posted by v_therussian' post='996699' date='Sep 3 2009, 12:40 AM
I should remind everyone that this is still a thread by V The Russian, and as such, will be incomplete without tits and ass, hence:

True to form, V. A straining suspension and a firm ride. Nice!

Observations: Trying our best here in the Midwest to harness alternative energy. Not necessarily to stave off
foreign dependencies, but, trying to keep up with increasing demand. Every little bit helps.

This is what I think of patriotism. You can earn it or learn it. Pledging allegiance to the flag used
to be an every morning ritual before the start of school. It used to mean something. Still does to me.

Lack of rationale/reason. Living for the moment. Hell, "JUST DO IT!" Let's replace, "In God we trust",
with, "Just Do It", on our currency.
Attached Thumbnails Unconventional Wisdom-bladelift.jpg   Unconventional Wisdom-justdoit.jpg   Unconventional Wisdom-parade.jpg