Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

uk burglary common way to steal cars !!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2009, 03:29 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

Originally Posted by Bob525D' post='997151' date='Sep 3 2009, 10:31 AM
Idgam,

You were brave mate, they could have been armed. Glad to scared them off and they left empty handed, we should be allowed to have guns in this country especially when you read some of the stories in the papers.

I sleep with a baseball bat next to my bed plus I have 3 large dogs in the hallway for good measure. Personally i would prefer to have a Glock than a baseball bat next to my bed. You americans are lucky you are allowed to defend yourselves, our country sends you to prison if you hurt the perp.

Oh it can be stupid here as well, in some states you can legally defend your property, but in ALL states if the guy breaks into your house - then slips and falls, he can sue you and WIN!!!!!!
Old 09-03-2009, 08:57 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by pjinca' post='997568' date='Sep 4 2009, 07:29 AM
Oh it can be stupid here as well, in some states you can legally defend your property, but in ALL states if the guy breaks into your house - then slips and falls, he can sue you and WIN!!!!!!
after reading yr post 5 times..
i cant help but have a good laugh...
guess it only occur in California? as I was told that the first friend in Cal when u arrrive, is a good lawyer?
Old 09-03-2009, 11:49 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Mini Cooper

sorry to hear this, I alway leave my car keys some were safe not in the house in UK
Old 09-04-2009, 10:52 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by pjinca' post='997568' date='Sep 3 2009, 06:29 PM
This world has gone mad, someone hurts themselves trying to steal your stuff and you get sued.

I dread to think what the outcome would be in my house, my dogs will bite if they see anyone attack me or my wife. My oldest dog went crazy one day because I was working out on the punchbag, she bit the bag and was swinging from it hanging by her teeth (she isnt even a pitbull). I cant imagine how the perp would look after leaving my house, I have a warning sign so they cant say they didnt know. I have 2 shepherds and a Lab cross, they are the best thing you can buy for security + they make great companions who are always happy to see you.
Old 09-04-2009, 11:28 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

Originally Posted by Bob525D' post='998537' date='Sep 4 2009, 11:52 AM
This world has gone mad, someone hurts themselves trying to steal your stuff and you get sued.

I dread to think what the outcome would be in my house, my dogs will bite if they see anyone attack me or my wife. My oldest dog went crazy one day because I was working out on the punchbag, she bit the bag and was swinging from it hanging by her teeth (she isnt even a pitbull). I cant imagine how the perp would look after leaving my house, I have a warning sign so they cant say they didnt know. I have 2 shepherds and a Lab cross, they are the best thing you can buy for security + they make great companions who are always happy to see you.

+1 a good dog is always good to have, I still miss my Rottie "Babe" (like Paul Bunyan's Ox). He was a very sweet dog, just don't come near the house - that was his. 185lbs of muscle (his neck 34" around ), but when I took him to the park all the kids could play with him - he was that friendly. (again, just don't come to the house)
Old 09-07-2009, 03:14 AM
Contributors

My Ride: All on order and should be here by 28th September 2007

Originally Posted by Bob525D' post='997151' date='Sep 3 2009, 06:31 PM
Idgam,

You were brave mate, they could have been armed. Glad to scared them off and they left empty handed, we should be allowed to have guns in this country especially when you read some of the stories in the papers.

I sleep with a baseball bat next to my bed plus I have 3 large dogs in the hallway for good measure. Personally i would prefer to have a Glock than a baseball bat next to my bed. You americans are lucky you are allowed to defend yourselves, our country sends you to prison if you hurt the perp.
Not sure it was brave, and my wife thinks I was just plain stupid. I think the adrenaline just kicked in and I wanted them out of my house. I even chased them in my car to see if I could catch them, no luck.
Old 09-07-2009, 08:54 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by idgam' post='1000670' date='Sep 7 2009, 07:14 AM
Not sure it was brave, and my wife thinks I was just plain stupid. I think the adrenaline just kicked in and I wanted them out of my house. I even chased them in my car to see if I could catch them, no luck.
Holy sh!t mate, you chased them in your car? Thats the kind of thing i would have done about 10 years ago, i am only 36 but I am much wiser now than i was 10 years ago. Perps carry knives or worse still guns nowadays, with our country's open door policy for the whole of Europe who knows what type of psychos we have here now.

Be careful out there, none of us on the board want to hear of a member getting killed by some low life doser. Personally my thoughts are that I can replace a car I just dont want them to hurt anything i cant replace, that would take me down a road i have no wish to travel.