Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

Touareg...

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2004, 03:14 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nope, not yet. My dealer told me that the M-pack will be available around September.
Old 05-04-2004, 12:09 AM
Members

Not the same type of car so you really cannot compare them. I have driven the Touareg and I have to say that i find it to be overall better than the X5, sorry BMW.
With the airsuspension found in the Touareg you get the handling of an X5 with sportpackage and the ride of an X5 with the regular suspension in the same car.
No harsh ride like the X5 sport and still great handling for a suv.
The offroad capabilites of the Touareg is also way better than the limited capability of the X5. I also find the Touareg to be much more nimble and easy to park and move around tight spaces compared to the rather big and bulky X5.
The V6 engine isn?t really that bad either. However when it comes to exterior styling the X5 wins 10-1 vs the Touareg. A BMW is always a BMW and the X5 is a great car, but the Touareg is a bit better in my opinion.

Choosing between the Touareg and the E60, in my opinion the best car it?s class I would however take the E60.
Old 05-04-2004, 12:21 AM
Senior Members

I used to own an X5 3.0i sport, Had it for 2 years but got rid of it when the company car tax laws in the UK changed last April. I drove a V8 Touareg around the Millbrook hill and oval circuits last June and can honestly say that it is vastly inferior to the X5 if you intend to use it "on road" for the majority of the time. It's handling falls far short of a sport equipped X5 which is planted to the road and corners like a saloon. A friend has the V10 turbo diesel Touareg which is blindingly quick but again lacks the handling poise of the BMW.

It all really depends on what you want from your car. If good handling is a priority then the VW is not for you. I'd suggest that you consider delaying your purchase until September if possible and consider either a 530d or 535d Touring in sport guise with fewer options.
Old 05-06-2004, 12:51 PM
Members

Sorry for not having replied earlier... I think you guys made a point... E60?s have been "pursuing me", lool, and I?m getting that "feeling" about the car.... I?m not going to off road a lot, just once in a time... I prefer going 240 km/h on the highway... but they?te bot great cars... I can?t wait till september.. I?l getting the car this month..