Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!
View Poll Results: why do you like that 1?
Top gear
83.33%
5th gear
8.33%
NON
5.56%
others please say which 1
2.78%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Top gear or 5th gear

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2006, 08:23 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: Mini Cooper

Originally Posted by Fin535dA' post='354882' date='Nov 12 2006, 12:55 AM
Top Gear, no doubt about it. 5th Gear was quite good. I really liked the season before this one. In fact, the current season is REALLY lame and I hate that Tim Lovejoy. Well, at least the latest show was a bit of an improvement over the 7 first episodes.

I just hope Top Gear return as soon as possible.
yes I want to see the 3 guy what they are up to the time with there supied task that they have to do.
I did like the towing of the caravan that was funny
I will be dead that doing that :thumbsdown:
Old 11-11-2006, 06:36 PM
Members

TopGear definitely for me, the only reason I watch 5th Gear is to see Tiff show his skills around a track
Old 11-12-2006, 06:42 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by ARH_0700XX' post='355082' date='Nov 12 2006, 07:36 AM
TopGear definitely for me, the only reason I watch 5th Gear is to see Tiff show his skills around a track
Exactly or when i hear about a test with a bmw or a porsche
Old 12-11-2006, 11:50 PM
Contributors

That good to hear that 16 of you like Top Gear and only 2 5th gear
who is the non? must not like cars then just kidding
Old 12-12-2006, 12:50 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 530i (SE), Auto-Dim Int + Folding Ext. Mirrors, Automatic Gearbox, Bluetooth Telephone Preparation, BMW 6 Disc CD Changer, Heated Front Seats, HiFi Speaker System, Leather interior, Navigation System - Business, Sports Suspension, Star Spoke 123 8Jx18" + Run Flat Tyres. M-Tech Kit.

Am not a major fan of Top Gear (or Clarkson's tabloid car journalism), however I voted for it as I do like it better than the new format of Fifth Gear - 'in the ace cafe'. It's absolutely awful and the presenters stuck at that table look and sound awkward as though they're aware of how bad it has become. Tim Lovejoy appears to know nothing about cars, isn't a motoring journo, and I can't understand why he's there. Tom Ford, on the other hand, I've got a lot of respect for as I read and agreed with many of his reviews from various Car mags - a proper motoring journo.

Last night they did the old handbrake-turn-to-park between a couple of old bangers - I swear I've seen that before on a previous Fifth Gear (or was it another show?).

I marginally preferred the old Fifth Gear format, which did more 'proper' reviewing (IMO) than Top Gear has in the last few years.
Old 12-12-2006, 01:54 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2004 645 Ci, Individual Stratusgrey Metallic with individual grey leather Individual Stratos metallic, Shadow line, Black Individual leather, 19'' ellisoid, Panorama sunroof, PDC, Dynamic drive, Adaptive steering, Adaptive headlights, Voice control, Logic 7, Prof sat nav, BT phone, TV, Heated Sport seats, Ski sac, light pakket, CD-changer. Mods (so far): iPod interface, K&N Airfilter.

I voted Top Gear

Can't wait till the start the new series.......

Love their humour !
Old 01-03-2007, 03:29 AM
Members

My Ride: 2004 E60 525d M Sport, Mystic Blue Adaptive Xenon's (Visibility Package), Grey Dakota Leather, Professional Navigation System, BMW Professional Radio/6 Disc CD Changer, Bluetooth Telephone Prearation, (Media Package)Automatic Air Conditioning-Advanced, Auto Dim Interior and Exterior (Electric Folding) Mirrors, Front Seat Heating

I prefer Top gear, however It was even better when it was in the format of 5th gear, back in the mid 90?s, with Clarkson, Tiff and Quinten. Then it had an excellent balance of seriousness, sarcasm, and mix of relevant cars (not just supercar after supercar), and motoring related articles.

Nowdays, Top Gear is becoming like a lot of TV, where it?s based around the presenters, show format and ratings, rather than the content. It?s entertaining, but not as informative, or enjoyable as it used to be. Clarkson has got too big for his boots ? he?s still funny, and I love his style, but he was much better 10 years ago.
Old 01-07-2007, 05:51 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by mr_london_247' post='366432' date='Dec 12 2006, 05:50 PM
Am not a major fan of Top Gear (or Clarkson's tabloid car journalism), however I voted for it as I do like it better than the new format of Fifth Gear - 'in the ace cafe'. It's absolutely awful and the presenters stuck at that table look and sound awkward as though they're aware of how bad it has become. Tim Lovejoy appears to know nothing about cars, isn't a motoring journo, and I can't understand why he's there. Tom Ford, on the other hand, I've got a lot of respect for as I read and agreed with many of his reviews from various Car mags - a proper motoring journo.

Last night they did the old handbrake-turn-to-park between a couple of old bangers - I swear I've seen that before on a previous Fifth Gear (or was it another show?).

I marginally preferred the old Fifth Gear format, which did more 'proper' reviewing (IMO) than Top Gear has in the last few years.
ya ace cafe' make them so cheep and for the handbrake-turn-to-park between a couple, it was in a 5th gear a few tears ago don`t know which 1
but this last 1 was a new 1.
Old 01-07-2007, 05:53 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Doc Horror' post='366442' date='Dec 12 2006, 06:54 PM
I voted Top Gear

Can't wait till the start the new series.......

Love their humour !
I think itis the only programm that they take the piss out of each other so cool.
Old 01-07-2007, 05:55 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by converted2bmw' post='373194' date='Jan 3 2007, 08:29 PM
I prefer Top gear, however It was even better when it was in the format of 5th gear, back in the mid 90?s, with Clarkson, Tiff and Quinten. Then it had an excellent balance of seriousness, sarcasm, and mix of relevant cars (not just supercar after supercar), and motoring related articles.

Nowdays, Top Gear is becoming like a lot of TV, where it?s based around the presenters, show format and ratings, rather than the content. It?s entertaining, but not as informative, or enjoyable as it used to be. Clarkson has got too big for his boots ? he?s still funny, and I love his style, but he was much better 10 years ago.
O come on it would be very boring if they just talk about car,car,car.
just get some car mags from WHsmiths.

Quick Reply: Top gear or 5th gear