Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

Top Gear

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2011, 01:20 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550I,Space Grey,Hud,Cold Weather,M - Sport, matched GP Thunder headlights and Fogs,,Smoked Badges, Night Vision, Heated Seats,Rear Sunshades, Aux Audio, SAT, NAV, Black Grills, Sprint Booster, Dinan Cold Air, Stage 2 Dinan Software.....More to come soon

Hi All,

I am a big fan of Top Gear the British version. Now we have a US version as well. I'm curious to know which you like the best . Im not sold on the US version :thumbsdown: but interested to know what my fellow gear-heads think about it?
Old 01-27-2011, 01:36 PM
Nocrapplease

What is has top gear got to do with the E60, sorry but I am here to read about BMW cars not car shows
Old 01-27-2011, 02:15 PM
Members

The british version is awesome, specially when it comes to making the video's for the cars and ofcourse the undeniable humor and puns that they have.
The U.S. version imo is a little bland. however that can always be easily improved.
i think the challenge for the us version is how to live up to the standard that was put in place without exactly replicating the british version.
Old 01-27-2011, 02:34 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

British version - best show on TV

American version - repeats all the Brit tests and challenges with none of the humor or class, generally a piece of donkey dung

Funny someone calling themselves "Nocrapplease" giving someone crap about a subject in the LOUNGE, it's kinda what this section is here for. Don't like the lounge? Go read the other sections, no need to be a douche
Old 01-27-2011, 02:48 PM
Members

My Ride: 2005 545i Cold Weather Package Navigation and Logic7 Package Sport Suspension Package

Originally Posted by pjinca
British version - best show on TV

American version - repeats all the Brit tests and challenges with none of the humor or class, generally a piece of donkey dung

Funny someone calling themselves "Nocrapplease" giving someone crap about a subject in the LOUNGE, it's kinda what this section is here for. Don't like the lounge? Go read the other sections, no need to be a douche
+1
Old 01-27-2011, 02:52 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 528i, Space Grey, Nav, PDC, Premium, Sports, Grey Leather, Xenon, Cornering...

Originally Posted by Nocrapplease
What is has top gear got to do with the E60, sorry but I am here to read about BMW cars not car shows
Tough croud
Old 01-27-2011, 03:18 PM
Contributors

My Ride: F90 M5 Singapore Grey Executive package blacked out grill, body matched paint
Model Year: 2019

Originally Posted by pjinca
Big J has rested. Its a big forum. Look around
Old 01-27-2011, 04:43 PM
Members

AS WRITEN JUST BEFORE YOU CLICK ON THE LINK TO GET IN HERE

>>>> "Lounge - How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!" <<<<

Old 01-27-2011, 04:44 PM
Contributors

Location: Originally from Koeln, Deutschland. Enjoying it in Bonita Springs, Florida Now :)

Considering the challenges are pretty much identical....it's still a very funny show. I enjoy watching it...while it may not have the British humor. To be honest I enjoy watching the American version just as much as the British one.

I'm hoping they'll make more than one season.
Old 01-27-2011, 04:45 PM
Contributors

Location: Originally from Koeln, Deutschland. Enjoying it in Bonita Springs, Florida Now :)

Originally Posted by Nocrapplease
Someone's got their knickers in a twist because of shitty UK weather....among other things lol

Would you like some crumpets? Pip pip cheerio?

Quick Reply: Top Gear