Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

Tokyo Travel Tips Anyone? Any Tokyo Members?

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2010, 12:48 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: See my signature

Originally Posted by CWS530
Enjoy it, Scott.
Thanks!
Old 04-16-2010, 02:42 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by CWS530
Enjoy it, Scott.
This afternoon, following Calvin's recommendation, my wife and I went to Kyubei for lunch. It was incredible. I eat sushi all the time and this was simply on another level. The sushi was unbelievably fresh and prepared right in front of us by our own sushi chef. I ordered the top line set lunch, which was about 8,500 Yen (a little under $100). I cannot begin to describe just how good it was.

Thanks so much Calvin. You made my wife's and my day.

It has been a fantastic trip so far. The Japanese are very good hosts and go out of their way to make you feel welcome IMHO.
Old 04-16-2010, 10:00 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 550, Carbon Black Metallic, Natural Brown Dakota Leather, Sport Package, Sport Automatic Transmission, Cold Weather Package, Power Rear and Manual Side Sun Shades, etc. Retired - 2004 545 SMG, Black Sapphire Metallic, Auburn Dakota Leather, Cold Weather and Sports Packages, Power Rear and Manual Side Sun Shades

Originally Posted by sdg1871
This afternoon, following Calvin's recommendation, my wife and I went to Kyubei for lunch. It was incredible. I eat sushi all the time and this was simply on another level. The sushi was unbelievably fresh and prepared right in front of us by our own sushi chef. I ordered the top line set lunch, which was about 8,500 Yen (a little under $100). I cannot begin to describe just how good it was.

Thanks so much Calvin. You made my wife's and my day.

It has been a fantastic trip so far. The Japanese are very good hosts and go out of their way to make you feel welcome IMHO.
Hope this post is not too late - I missed the thread when it first appeared.

There is a Kushi bar in the Akasaka neighborhood called Mogami. Kushi bars fry everything on skewers and serve then with a variety of dipping sauces. May sound greasy or unappealing, but it is very light and delicious, and they do a wide variety of ingredients, including many local Japanese vegetable. A very fun meal and not too expensive (for Tokyo). Address is 1F Seiwa Aksaka Bldg 3-7-11 Aksaka Minato-ku.

You should also ask your concierge for a recommendation for a local's Yakatori (grilled chicken) restaraunt. The one i was taken to in Tokyo (no idea of the name or location) has live chickens stacked outside in crates
Old 04-16-2010, 02:12 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by robg
Hope this post is not too late - I missed the thread when it first appeared.

There is a Kushi bar in the Akasaka neighborhood called Mogami. Kushi bars fry everything on skewers and serve then with a variety of dipping sauces. May sound greasy or unappealing, but it is very light and delicious, and they do a wide variety of ingredients, including many local Japanese vegetable. A very fun meal and not too expensive (for Tokyo). Address is 1F Seiwa Aksaka Bldg 3-7-11 Aksaka Minato-ku.

You should also ask your concierge for a recommendation for a local's Yakatori (grilled chicken) restaraunt. The one i was taken to in Tokyo (no idea of the name or location) has live chickens stacked outside in crates
Thanks for thr tip! We are staying at the Ritz Carlton in Toyko Mitown so that restaurant is not far away,